[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's perfect.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
It's perfect.
>>
>>334178129

It's inferior to another game in the series in basically every category.
>>
>>334178245
Of course it won't compare to dark souls.
>>
>>334178370

Or BB for that matter.
>>
>>334178370
It doesnt do anything better than dark souls 2
inb4 muh area design
>>
>>334178245
>>334178370
>>334178463
its better than both those games you dumb faggots.
>>
>>334178463
BB was honestly too easy.
I'm hoping DaS 3 is more challenging
>>
another japanese shit
>>
>>334178245
>muh nostalgia
Fuck off.

You nostalgiagobblers keep forgetting that Anor Londo is not the last area of the game. Everything after AL was unfinished shit.
>>
>>334178370

It has better gameplay than Dark Souls by a huge margin.
>>
File: 1460534624249.jpg (407 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1460534624249.jpg
407 KB, 1260x1782
>>334178525
>It doesnt do anything better than dark souls 2
Anon, next time you bait, don't show your hand in the second fucking post.
>>
>>334178634
Go ahead, tell me what's bad in dark souls 2 and better in this game
>>
>>334178129
It truly is. I still can't believe they managed to surpass DS1. Lova ya Miyazaki <3
>>
>>334178701
>tell me everything that has been posted hundreds times before so I could greentext it all and say "n-nuh uh"
(You) tried.
>>
>>334178129
>Linear as fuck
>Buggy as fuck
>Shit performance
>Difficulty turned down
>Amount of lore turned down
>Fanservice x100
>Dark Souls: Greatest Hits edition
It's perfect guys xP
>>
>>334178554

>Worse gameplay than BB.
>Shit-tier plot.
>Level design is more linear than previous entries except DkS2.
>World interconnection is shitty BB-tier.
>Atmosphere is DkS2 tier throughout.
>Game is literally overflowing with nostalgia fanfic shit to the point where it practically parodies itself.
>Worst invasions in the series.
>Does absolutely nothing new for the franchise while failing to be superior to other games.
>>
Do you think they will make Dark Souls 4 and 5?
>>
>>334178754
thats what happens when you post subjective shit faggot
>enemy placement is bad because i die too much!
>level design is bad because there are no shortcuts like in ds1!
>>
>>334178767
>Linear as fuck
Like DS1, you mean?
inb4 b-but you can go to Catacombs and then be forced to go back and proceed the main route!
>Buggy as fuck
>Shit performance
LMAO, WE GOT A PKEK HERE
>Difficulty turned down
>by far the hardest game in DS series
LMAO
>Amount of lore turned down
EL EM AY OH

How does being a cocksucking contrarian feels like?
>>
>>334178527

BB is vastly superior to Reddit Souls: This is Dark Souls™ Edition just in gameplay standards alone.
>>
>>334178767
>bullshit
>partially true
>bullshit
>partially true
>bullshit
>memes
>memes
>>
>>334178767
The progression is pretty linear but the areas themselves are very open. I wouldn't count that as "linear as fuck."

And the mobs are probably the hardest in the entire series. I've only just gotten up to the boss in winter town and he's already a contender for one of the hardest in the series, and I've been told it only gets harder from there on out.
>>
File: 1423895076516.jpg (6 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
1423895076516.jpg
6 KB, 269x200
>>334179050
>Reddit Souls: This is Dark Souls™ Edition
>>
>>334178767
>Hm, how am I supposed to respond to this actual critique of the game... Oh I know!
>"Lmao XD"
It'll be interesting to see what the true opinions are when the hype has cooled down.
>>
>>334179265
>>334179017
It goes both ways
>>
>>334179092
>The progression is pretty linear but the areas themselves are very open. I wouldn't count that as "linear as fuck."

this

I was scared after reading people on here saying it was as linear as Dark Souls II but I am suprised at how open the areas are. lot more exploration.

DS II was hot garbage but this game seems to be an amalgamation of everything good from the past games.
>>
The pacing sucks.
>Start with item to get fire weapon
>Blacksmith at 3rd bonfire
>Classes start with good armor, good weapons and other good items
>Uchigatana from no-name enemy a few minutes in
>"I am (not) Siegmeyer of Catarina, and you shall feel my wrath!"
>First chest in the game is a mimic
>No overall level theme. Level design is nice, enemy design is nice, but they rarely work together

It feels like one of those World of Warcraft private servers where every cool item, set piece or NPC in the game is just thrown in randomly near the beginning.
>>
>>334178129
Pretty good so for me, runs pretty well on my shitty 960 with a mix of high and medium settings. Just finished Vodrt, did it on my first attempt, rolling into it's big burly crouch paid off.
>>
>>334178525
Soul memory fags please leave
>>
>>334179092
>The progression is pretty linear but the areas themselves are very open
Just because the hallway is bigger doesn't make it any less linear.
>>
>>334179050
when people refer to something as reddit they also include you neogaf faggots as redditors too. you two are indistinguishable
>>
I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 but I know deep down it's a shallow game when compared to the other titles before it, and doesn't hold up as well as a sequel to Dark Souls.

However Dark Souls 3 restored my faith in the series. It resembles itself to the original games and still feels fresh with the Bloodborne setting

One gripe I have is that the player can attack right after being, hit. If this is caused by high poise that is slightly acceptable but still makes the game seem as though it was catered for the casual audience

Thoughts?
>>
>>334179679
i must be missing chests where is that mimic? didnt see one yet
>>
>>334179859
IIRC it's just after that part where the dragon drops down and breaths fire, if you run underneath during one of the pauses.
>>
How do I get the frost bro second bosses hammer? And is it gud?
>>
>>334179679
Where is this "first chest" you came across ? I came across my first chest in Lothric and it just contained some tailsmans I think, fucker didn't attack me.
>>
>>334179743
There are lot of different paths and secrets in every area you dumbfuck
>>
>>334179743
But this hallway has plenty of doors that lead to neat little rooms that occasionally lead into another room, and sometimes they lead into another room that leads into another room that opens up another room that was previously closed.
>>
File: Sacred Flame.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sacred Flame.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334178129
>it's perfect
so is this grab attack
>>
How the fuck do i raise the third bridge in cathedral of the deep? patches already played his trick
>>
File: 53f.jpg (7 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
7 KB, 196x250
>>334178129
It truly is, isn't it? Nothing better than seeing these cuckborne fans with a pathetic inferiority complex squirming.
>>
>>334178767
>there are at least three parts I know of where you have the option to branch off to two completely different areas of the game
>nope
>occasional fps drops but that's it
>you haven't gotten to the last half of the game apparently
>that's what they said about DS2 and BB at first, but look at the amount of lore videos out. There's plenty of potential for good lore here
>there's more than enough new content to justify some callbacks to the other games. They take place in the same world for God's sake
>autism
>>
>>334179769

>Fearing the 'Gaf boogeyman.

Found the cuck. Go prep momma's bull.
>>
>>334180090
Man, patches could have played a trick on me if I didn't completely breeze through that joke of an area and kill the boss?

One of the bridge things is near the first giant, in the alcoves with the fat mace knights. What are they even for, anyway?
>>
I wish i could get into the souls games. Id love to pick it up and join in on the 50 threads posted every 5 mins.
Bought the prepare to die edition and gave it a shot. Cant put my finger on what i didnt like much about it but just wasnt for me, i wasnt even having that much trouble with it.
And ive got a top tier pc to run it, maybe i just need to give it another go. I think the coop aspect sounds neat but never got to it.
Any tips on an interesting starting character?
>>
>>334178129
It doesn't even startup for me.
>>
>>334180893
>using gaf
way to out yourself. Shouldn't you be defending open relationships instead of projecting onto others?
>>
How the fuck I beat Abyss Watchers? This boss is bs. I keep dying to first form already, but second form is just impossible
>>
>>334181363
You've probably been irreversibly ruined by almost exclusively playing games after the point where they all turned into hand-holding experiences.

If you make a stupid decision, or fuck up your input, you are going to die. It isn't the games fault for being too difficult, it's your fault for being too shit to deal with it.

Literally all you need to know to play DaS is that you should level strength if you want to use big slow weapons, and dex if you want to use fast pointy weapons. The rest of your points should go into vitality for more health, and endurance for more stamina. The most important part of the game is levelling your weapons, you will get absolutely destroyed if you don't upgrade them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160413-123810.png (834 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160413-123810.png
834 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>334181363
this but I tried out Demon's Souls. Played a few bosses in but ultimately wasn't having any fun.
>>
>>334181686
I got destroyed by them for hours, then I went and fought the tree instead, made a spear out of its wood, and then I destroyed the Abyss Watchers first try because the extended reach and fast attack speed stunlocked the shit out of the second form.
>>
>>334181458

Never touched da'Gaf loll, so who's projecting exactly? Just work that big black bull my kuck! Kek!
>>
>just bodied Abitch Walkers 1st try

THAT was the boss you guys had trouble with?

though the black Knight killed me 3 times
>>
>>334181993
Most of the trouble is people using weapons that really aren't suited to the boss.
>>
Bloodborne is so much better than the Dark Souls series. Miyazaki should just abandon the series already and focus on Bloodborne 2.
>>
>>334182056
I used the Irithyll Straight Sword which seems to be the new cheese weapon
>>
>>334180090
Go to the walkways at the very top, and fall down onto a platform at the back, and left of the walkway area as you walk in.
>>
File: linus-torvalds.jpg (16 KB, 221x336) Image search: [Google]
linus-torvalds.jpg
16 KB, 221x336
>>334182093
Whats up? Little sonycuck irrated his 1 game console is now irrelevent since the release of the best souls game in the franchise?
>>
never played a souls game.

is it ok to start with 3 since there's so much hype?
>>
>>334181928
Dude, relax. You don't have to pretend like you're on the high ground with your pretend website war.

Dark Souls 3 is pretty much the same as it's always been, which is a good thing. It's nothing harmless and it's pretty much the status quo for From software. They are pros at milking the same game for dozens of other editions. It happened to Armored Core and King's Field. Why bother being up in arms about it?
>>
>Deacons of the deep
>try out that new ultra sword
>like putting margarine on bread
I like this boss. Better than the faggots in the church in DS2
Too bad I got cursed, though.
>>
>The areas are linear
The first area has like, 5 shortcuts throughout the level
The second level had me running around for hours finding everything, and I still missed the sunlight warrior covenant
>>
>>334182486

Idort reporting in. It's definitely worse based on a complete lack of originality and strictly worst combat.
>>
>>334182536
Yes, I would even suggest it since there's a lot of online activity and freshness at the outset.

There's some nostalgia stuff here and there for recurring players, but it probably works backwards too, playing the older games and recognizing the stuff from this game.
>>
>>334182651
What ultra sword?
>>
>>334178463
What makes BB even remotely superior to DS3
>>
>>334182651
I was having fun the first time, but then I just randomly dropped dead from curse. Then I just destroyed it the second time, because it was way too easy aside from the random death bullshit.
>>
>>334182804
Farram's undead abyss sword.
AKA: Spin2Win
>>
>>334182720
Agreed. Bloodborne had worst combat and added to this worst build diversity.
>>
>>334182720
I've played bloodborne and dark souls 1, 2, and 3 (3 not to completion yet) but bloodborne just never had the spark that brought me back like dark souls
>>
Incoming muh bloodboon betta
>>
The floaty controls suited BB but not DaS
>>
>>334182876
Thanks senpai
I'm almost at, what appears to be, the main farron's keep. I just need to find the last fire in blight town 2.0
>>
>>334178129
>invade a nigger who's guaranteed to have a 30% hp buff that you don't
>he's got 2 niggers helping him, and half the time a blue nigger shows up
>relentless R1 spam by his bodyguards, he's either shielding 20 feet away or spamming arrows
>if one gets hurt, two cover them as they go chug estus
>usually overwhelmed by 3 fags spamming R1, I die and they all do a gesture at how pro they are

I just want to purge the cancer, but holy shit they're playing on the easiest mode possible.
>>
Anyone seen any hackers yet?
>>
>>334182819

>Beltcasting > catalysts.
>Better weapon gimmicks.
>Kos/Claws > Dragon.
>Transform > battle arts.
>BB charge moves > DkS3 charge moves.
>Weapons have viable moves in both stances in BS.
>BS is random/shitty again in DkS3.
>Circle strafe works on bosses DS3.
>Can't counter Estus with ranged in DS3.
>Can't parry with 2-hander except in isolated instances like Chaos Blade.

That's just combat desu.
>>
>>334183251
Dark souls 3 is probably the most publicly hyped souls, so all the new people will be constantly summoning help. I'm sure the summoning amount will go down soon, after the new souls players beat it.
>>
It's great, way better than DaS2, but still a bit underwhelming. They played it REALLY safe and that's not necessarily a bad thing but it just doesn't feel as exciting as DaS and BB
>>
>>334183336
In another thread I saw a picture of Ludex Gundyr replaced with Vordt
>>
>>334183251
Go for the parry or get a great hammer.
>>
>>334183251
>people play souls games for the pvp
>ds3 pvp is pants on head retarded, even worse than SM
>somehow it's the best
?
>>
>>334183369
Bloodborne didn't have too much content though. The weapons you get at the start of the game can be used throughout the entire thing, and without the dlc there are only a few viable weapons
>>
>>334183532
Parrying won't stop the other 2, will it?

I was looking into a big weapon though, better for crowd control
>>
>>334182486
Bought a PS4 on a whim and BB is the only game worth buying on the console, fuck Sony.
>>
Well, two deaths against Abyss Watchers now and I already feel that if I beat them with my trusty broadsword, its pure luck with my skills. Gonna bash my head on this until I beat them, since I refuse to summon any help.
>>
>>334178536
>I'm hoping DaS 3 is more challenging
Anon..I
>>
>>334183369
Those are just shitty opinions. The combat system is different enough that some things like beltcasting would be utterly OP.
>>
>>334183682

Starting weapons have always been viable.
The weapons offer more worthwhile moves in both stances.
The weapons have better gimmicks.
The weapons have better charges.
The weapons have instant stance swap.

Sorry little guy...
>>
>>334178536
>he didnt fight the orphan of kos
>>
>>334183682
That's true. I pretty much used the Saw Cleaver through my entire first playthrough before I discovered the godlike Reiterpallasch. The DLC adding all of the weapons at the end anyway doesn't even make much fucking sense since you're most likely gonna be playing it at the end of the game anyway
>>
>>334183939

How would belt casting be OP? You stop, cast your spell, and do a gesticulation just like BB. You people are retarded.

Now go ahead, paint a scenario where this is OP
>>
>>334183682
>The weapons you get at the start of the game can be used throughout the entire thing
That's been the case in every game though. falchion, zweihander, anything is das2, etc. Das3 will be no different.
>>
>>334184159
>don't need to select the catalyst
>don't need to sacrifice offense or defense
>with the OP magic in Souls
How is that not broken? It worked in Bloodborne because the magic was toned down
>>
>>334180080

The movement looks really fluid. Is this on console?
>>
>>334183939

Almost nothing he said there was an opinion.

For example you can strafestab bosses, you can't punish heals, the transforms are strictly better and more useful than the incredibly varied weapon arts, and the charge attacks are infinitely more useful.

The "well, that's just your opinion" is always a statement uttered by people who have absolutely nothing to say. In fact it's just your opinion that beltcasting would be overpowered... So you're willing to acknowledge that but not all the rest?
>>
I had a bad time with Dark Souls and kinda gave up but now I feel like going back to complete it.
>>
>>334179056
Also, 25% of pc users can't even start the game up, then 50% can't play cause of game breaking crashes, sometimes lack of hit boxes, and just spinning like a top in the very beginning
>>
>>334178129
Cracked version has online apparently tip kak
>>334182387
>>
>>334184752
My advice to you is try to get in a comfortable position and just relax while you play. If you die you die, you can always get your souls back. If you notice yourself getting irritated then just calm down instead of having it escalate. The games are significantly more fun if you're laid back while playing.

Or maybe none of that applies to you. If that's the case then my bad.
>>
>>334184671
You can parry chesse every humanoid boss in Bloodborne, which is even more abusable than strafestab (which you can't do with every boss by the way)
Some trick weapons become almost useless when you get weapons with better scaling
You can use Lloyd's and punish healing with some weapon arts in DaS 3
How about you stop being retarded?
>>
>>334184987

Yeah I more got irritated with not being able to progress. I was at these skeletons and I kept dying. Didn't really understand what build to have or what to level up or anything. I watched a guy play it though so I have a better understanding of it now.

It looks really fun when I watch it but I didn't have much fun playing it. Maybe if I git gud I'll enjoy it more
>>
>>334184519

>"Painting a scenario."
>Just makes a bunch of general statements with no indicated scenario.

Well nigger, there were catalyst weapons in previous games and weapons that casted their own spells and none of those were broken in the slightest.

The reason you can't articulate a scenario is because there is none.

>"Sacrificing defense."
Well, that's literally impossible as only a retard relies on a shield.

>"Sacrificing offense."
You should say sacrificing fun and reactive combat, because that's all you're sacrificing when you slowly and arduously pull out a catalyst informing your opponent exactly what you're going to do.
>>
>>334185364
Are you talking about the skeletons right at the beginning and trying to go there first? That would definitely curb a new player's progress. You want to go up along the side of a cliff. If you think of the graveyard as north, then the place you want to go is southeast. It's just past the well.
>>
>>334185759

Yeah those were the skeles I was talking about. Thanks for the info! I'll try beat it this weekend if I can
>>
>>334185606
>Well nigger, there were catalyst weapons in previous games and weapons that casted their own spells and none of those were broken in the slightest.
Maybe because they were toned down spells, dumbshit?
>Well, that's literally impossible as only a retard relies on a shield.
It's good to have the option.
>The reason you can't articulate a scenario is because there is none.
Asking about an artbitrary scenario is not how you prove people wrong.
>You should say sacrificing fun and reactive combat, because that's all you're sacrificing when you slowly and arduously pull out a catalyst informing your opponent exactly what you're going to do.
>fun and reactive
Muh buzzwords. If you don't understand how it would be utterly broken to just pull spells out of your ass with the Dark Souls magic system then you are a retard.
Again, nice opinions bro.
>>
>>334185997

Who are you replying to, retard?
>>
>>334178129
It's generic as fuck. It's not bad, but it has none of the atmosphere or magic that the original two games had.

It's derivative fan service like MGS4. People love MGS4 so I guess DaS3 is in for a couple of months of circle jerking, but it won't be remembered as anything special.
>>
File: 1293157616224.jpg (33 KB, 663x482) Image search: [Google]
1293157616224.jpg
33 KB, 663x482
>>334178463

I love how /v/ shits itself over BB, but literally everybody I know, myself included, finds it to be the weakest link in the series.
>>
File: 1423788536239.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1423788536239.png
11 KB, 211x246
>Only five thrusting swords.
>FOURTEEN greatswords.
>>
>>334186269
I find it better than DaS 2, but honestly while it has amazing visuals and themes, it strays too much from the RPG part of Souls for me to consider it the best game in the series.
>>
>>334186081

>Buzzwords.

Sorry... Pulling out a catalyst to cast a spell is slow, dull, not reactive, and stifle defense. There isn't a single thing you can say otherwise.

All catalysts do is make the game more dull.
>>
First and second boss are way to fucking easy. My fist time playing deprived class and i killed them both first try.

That naked katana fag i had to cheese tho
>>
>>334186683

Naked katana guy was easy
>>
>>334186454
GS always wins baby!
>>
>>334186683
the first boss is pretty much a tutorial so yeah big whoop bro. It's basically like the asylum demon. Newfags bragging about this bullshit it's hilarious.
>>
>>334186597
Why are you repeating your opinions again instead of trying to counter my arguments?
I'll just repeat myself again too: If you don't understand how it would be utterly broken to just pull spells out of your ass with the Dark Souls magic system then you are a retard.
>>
>>334187012

>it would be utterly broken

Except it wouldn't though
>>
>>334186834
Fuck no. Fuck that guy he would take like 85% health with every swipe even if i was blocking. Had make the retard fall off to kill him.
>>
>>334187082

I beat him in like 5 hits
>>
>>334186986
>most people here have played every souls game there is
>new fags

Stop talking famalam youll never fit in no matter how hard you try
>>
How the fuck do you beat Abyss Watcher's second phase? The first one was okay because he's predictable and beats himself up but godamn the fire attacks fuck me up.
>>
>>334187072
>nuh uh
Nice argument.
>>
>>334187249

I noticed how you didn't even try to refute me. I guess I'll take that as a victory.
You seem pretty mad anon, maybe you should take a step away from the computer and do something else for a bit
>>
>>334187337
You're the one that keeps spouting the same things without any arguments to support them. I already refuted you see >>334186081
>u mad xD
This is a +18 website.
>>
File: 1452842033984.jpg (221 KB, 1070x723) Image search: [Google]
1452842033984.jpg
221 KB, 1070x723
>mfw doing the nun's questline
Who the fuck even did it? No one in particular?
>>
How's the Bonewheel shield in this one? Is it as fun as Logarius' wheel?
>>
File: KERFUFFLED.jpg (74 KB, 718x598) Image search: [Google]
KERFUFFLED.jpg
74 KB, 718x598
>>334187608

I'm not even the same guy I'm just rusing you
>>
>>334178767
>Buggy as fuck
>Shit performance

spotted the PCuck.
>>
>>334187853
Epin, just epin. I'm so mad right now
>>
>>334187012

You have no arguments.

Your one main argument is "well, they're weaker for one"... But that's not really an argument against my point.
My argument is that it's less diverse, and that's a truth.

Finally spells have never really been broken, even when they one-shotted people because they are retardedly easy to dodge. Special catalysts and older "weapon arts" have never been broken. If anything spells have always been trash outside of pre-patch TWoP. The only time they were worth more than a single fuck was pre-patch Dark Souls when you could cast any spell or miracle instantly without charges, requirements, etc with full adjust pyro glove.

You give no evidence of it being broken, and clearly weren't around when the game was fucked and started with patched DkS1.
>>
>>334189309
>My argument is that it's less diverse, and that's a truth.
How is it less diverse, are you dumb?
>Finally spells have never really been broken
>what is dark magic and Second Chance
I don't think you understand that the magic system is different in Dark Souls hence the need for catalysts.
>>
File: High_Elf_War_Mage.jpg (52 KB, 550x687) Image search: [Google]
High_Elf_War_Mage.jpg
52 KB, 550x687
Who Sorcery Here?
>>
>>334178129
Roll roll attack
>>
>Only 2 monster girls
Ya blew it From.
>>
>>334190002

Less moves at any given time is less immediate diversity and less variety. You're truly retarded if you don't understand that that exceedingly simple concept of modally removing 66% of your offense/defense moves and in exchange for spells isn't less diversity.

You just outed yourself as some PTD newb.
>>
>>334191448
Oh, so you're one of those kind of retards that thinks that because you can do anything at anytime the game is more diverse. Why do I even bother replying to retards like you?
>>
is the irithyll short sword worth using? I like the idea of a frost sword but I'd have to put some stuff in dex just to pick it up and the longsword is doing me just fine
>>
>>334191803

You're the retard, keke;
>No point to the contrary.
>Still thinks less shit is more diverse.

It's people like you that wreck every franchise.
>>
>>334178129
Hype talking: the post
>>
>perfect

a perfect disappointment, they just throw you characters for previous games and then don't explain at all why they are there, from andre to the (not) maiden in black to firelink being this place somewhere they can't tell you for some reason, it's fucking bullshit, bloodborne at LEAST tried to build the world you were in, here they straight up don't give a fuck, it's like playing an arcade game with levels, they should've renamed this game: Souls: Redux, The Greatest Hits

fucking fuck you fromsoft, "turning point" my fucking ass, you guys are literally nintendo 2.0, nothing but rehashes
>>
File: 34264588.jpg (198 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
34264588.jpg
198 KB, 900x900
I SAID IT'S PERFECT! IT'S FACT NOW! GO AWAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
From all these mad fags and shitposters im guessing the game is ok.

Are the builds still diverse and balanced? Thats the #1 thing i enjoyed about the past games. Every build was fun but balanced enough to where every build can defeat any other type if youre good enough.
>>
>>334192483
Yeah, Bloodborne magic sure is more diverse, you utter retard.
>>
>>334187945
The performance is shit on all platforms, especially consoles.
>>
File: 1458102935373.png (297 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458102935373.png
297 KB, 640x640
>>334178767

PC player here, step it up senpai.

No bugs, One crash none since then (expected on day 1 so no sweat), runs beyond smoothly, 60fps with minor hiccups because im on a gtx660.

stop doing 2 things to help enjoy this game better:

>upgrade your toaster
>stop whining like a faggot nigger.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the equipment availability is too low at the beginning?
Everyone I come across is using the same sets and weapons.
>>
File: 0 (2).png (214 KB, 625x475) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).png
214 KB, 625x475
So what's the best straight sword?
>>
I thought the atmosphere in Dark Souls was supposed to be grim and dark, so why is everyone giggling like a fucking idiot to themselves all the time ?

Is Ashen One a clown? Or a mime?
>>
>>334186269
it's just shitposting. if you have a different opinion on BB, you MUST be a poorfag PCuck who doesn't have a PS4
>>
File: shockwaves.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
shockwaves.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>massive shockwaves
>billions of enemies
Literally Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 1454145011393.jpg (12 KB, 634x450) Image search: [Google]
1454145011393.jpg
12 KB, 634x450
GUYS! YOEL DIED ON ME! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?
>>
>>334195087
Broadsword, always.
Best moveset, best blade, best sword.
>>
>those extreme blood splatter sounds when you hit something
>that ear-ripping sound when you riposte/backstab someone
Of all the things to take from bloodborne, why did it have to be these
>>
It's too short
>>
does that blue lothric knight with the red eyes drop his blue armor? that shit looks dope
>>
>>334195112

He's the lost member of a Barbershop Quartet.
>>
>>334178129

ITT: opinions everywhere

I never played Demon's Souls; not yet, at least. I started with DS1, played both DS2 and Bloodborne as well. Got DS3 yesterday, having a pretty good time with it. I prefer it to both DS1 and DS2, although because of the setting, atmosphere and all the weird Lovecraftian shit, I'll take Bloodborne any day.

A lot of you will disagree. And that's fine.

But good lord, its a video game series. Get over it.
>>
>>334195340
you can reduce/remove the blood in the options you nanny
>>
>jumps feel like the stiff shit out of Dark Souls 1 where you just lose all momentum after about 1 meter instead of the smooth jumps from Dark Souls 2
Frooooom
>>
>>334195287
But the reach is shit.
>>
>>334178129
the framerate is ass though, I normally don't care as long as its steady but these constant drops in framerate are annoying as fuck.
At least it doesnt make my eyes hurt like Blood Borne did.
>>
>>334178129
It's shit.
>>
File: 1460376477868.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1460376477868.png
29 KB, 633x758
>tfw you fell for the astora sword meme
>>
>>334195259
If you get 5 sigils from him, he'll die and Yuria will replace him.
Otherwise, he dies after you beat the Abyss Watchers IIRC.
>>
>>334178129
Is it really? I have only been playing for like an hour, but i don't find the world interesting and engaging at all.
>>
>>334195587

Yuria didn't replace him for me at all, she never showed up to begin with.
>>
>>334183992

>he didnt one shot the orphan of kos

What's it like being bad at video games.
>>
>>334195582
its better than the lothric knight sword
>>
>>334183251
>xXsepiroth420Xx trains for hours and builds his whole character around PvP
>invades chucklefuck69 who is using a PvE build and playing with his friend
>whines about how unfair it is because he wanted to stomp on some poor newbie who hasn't learned how to PvP
I love you for making this possible From
>>
>>334178895
>>Game is literally overflowing with nostalgia fanfic shit to the point where it practically parodies itself.
Isn't that part of the lore and isn't this game, the last game of the series, supposed to make that abundantly clear?
>>
File: 1453224146580.jpg (52 KB, 842x817) Image search: [Google]
1453224146580.jpg
52 KB, 842x817
This game is so grey that everything blends into everything and ends up hurting my eyes.
>>
>>334195587
What do sigils do? The fire keeper has an option to heal them.
>>
>>334195667
The opening area and High Wall of Lothric suck ass and are boring.

Wait until you get to Undead Settlement. Shits crazy fun to explore.
>>
I'm 12 hours in, loving it. As good as Bloodborne, but definitely not better.

Also I don't fucking understand all these performance complaints, I'm playing on High with 60fps ON A FUCKING 960.
>>
What the fuck is up with the Pvp in this game

Everytime i invade its 3 fucking betas
>>
Game is great, I am having a lot of fun playing it, but has anyone had issues with summons? Or being summoned? I want to help people fight bosses, and I can't get summoned, and when I try to summon other people it fails all the time.
>>
>>334195450
I'm talking about the sound, not the effect.
>hit someone with just about any weapon
>SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH
It's just so over the top and stupid
>>
File: 1446651218905.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1446651218905.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>the thief asks me to get a ring to Loretta at the foot of the wall
>clear that area and kill a tree
>check the inventory
>I have Loretta's bone for some reason
literally what? where can I find that thief again? he vaporized last time
>>
>>334182375
I be having trouble against guys who i invade using that weapon. Shit OP yo
>>
>>334196083
i think the thief cunt is somehwhere in firelink shrine, on the sides
>>
>>334194184
Speak for yourself pleb. I'm playing on a year old laptop and get 60fps only dipping into the low 30's.
>>
>>334196079
I know, but doesn't disabling the effect disable the sound?
>>
Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to make DS3 playable?

I got GTS 450, i7 2600, 8gb ram, I can normally run most games on almost highest settings, but DS2 gives me 5-15 fps on optimal settings and 15-30 on lowest settings and few times smaller screen resolution.

I tried few different revisions of drivers that people have suggested and nothing helped.

What should I do?

Fucking Capcom always having tons of release issues (and nvidia probably too). When will they patch it? Or rather when will a random guy do it much sooner?
>>
>>334196047

Use the environment to your advantage. Retreat back to the hosts enemies if you have to. I'm currently invading the undead settlement and I always fight and retreat back to where those giant saw dudes are at. They will fuck them uo. Not to mention if they haven't passed through the area, a mound maker will invade and fuck them up too.
>>
>>334187082
I hit him once and he fell straight off that cliff.
>>
>>334196361
Yeah i know, its always that odd party of fags that stay next to a bonfire.
>>
Shame they didn't make some kind of copy of sens fortress. That place is fucking god tier and nothing will ever top it
>>
>>334178129
I've got a lord soul and I've defeated the giant Skeleton Cleric thing.

My biggest complaints are lack of choice in the beginning.
Dark Souls is great because you can go to several different locations after the Asylum.
But this only branchs off into 2 paths.

And it feels more like Bloodborne than a Souls game.
The aesthetic, half the monsters are straight wolf hybrids again.
>>
File: dark souls 3.gif (921 KB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.gif
921 KB, 268x200
>launch game
>HD 6870
>1080 might be too much
>put it on Low 1366*768, like TW3
>I play on a TV so it's ok
>seems good
>try the crystal monster
>lag every time he attacks for 0.5 sec
>can't dodge in these conditions
>go to first boss
>try to dodge spears with high FPS drops
>manage to get to the serpent form
>it's impossible to dodge anything with those freezes
I'm happy :)
>>
>>334178129
It's just a complete rehash of it's predecessors.
Only a few enemies/bosses are unique.
>>
Bloodborne was better.
>>
>>334196331
I will never not kek at /v/ and their neetbux potato builds wondering why they can't play modern games.
>>
Am I getting too soft or is this much more difficult than the previous games?
Feels like they really want to live up to their meme status now.
>inb4 git gud
I'm trying
>>
>>334179198
Best post
>>
File: 20160413145506_1.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413145506_1.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1080
INVADING WAS A MISTAKE
>>
>>334196083

Vanishing like that means he's become a service NPC at Firelink.
You'll find him left of the Blacksmith, below.
>>
>actually playing Demon's Souls 5
Stop enabling bad developer habits.
>>
Does using a purging stone make Yuria hate you? or just until she replaces the other guy?
>>
File: 1371523594780.png (227 KB, 626x488) Image search: [Google]
1371523594780.png
227 KB, 626x488
How do i equip a covenant ?

just leave it in my inv?
>>
I suggest you all restart and kill the way of blue lady first thing and beat the dancer. Welcome to hell.

If you like PvP doing this makes it so you can be invaded by Darkmoon right off the bat. It seems it also makes it so you get MUCH less summon signs and puts you very high up on the invasion list. You'll constantly be getting invaded by reds and blues. Good way to farm covenant items early.
>>
>>334196748

It has, I feel like I hate the game now based on how bullshit some enemies are and how constantly fucked you are.

Some situations that the game puts you into are cheap as well, I am fucking raging. Need a break.
>>
>dragon form

fuck its so ugly. maybe I'll do some flynn's ring shenanigans I guess.
>>
>find some qt in firelink
>she doesn't want to talk to me
>find another qt, nursing some poor abomination back to health in a church
>old qt gets jealous and says we're enemies now
What a bitch
>>
>>334178554
and everything before and including Anor Londo is better than either of the other games by enough of a margin to still be best.
>>
>>334195842
It does look pretty flat, doesn't it? I don't know why that is, but the other games didn't suffer from it.
>>
>>334178463
>>334178370
>>334178245
http://strawpoll.me/7364693

>>
sucks ass being cleric so far. All your spells are useless besides the heal for the longest time.
>>
>>334197062
This is what I've been waiting to hear. Thanks based anon.
>>
>>334197054

Theres a new equip slot all by its lonesome right of the rings and consumables slots.

Put a badge in there.
>>
>getting wombo combod by the abyss watchers
>>
HELP ME LADS

BR favelamonkey here. I want to play the game in english but can't see language options. Where are the language options bros? ALL SOULS GAMES AND BLOODBORNE HAD LANGUAGE OPTIONS DONT TELL ME IM STUCK WITH THIS GAME IN SHITTY PORTUGUESE
>>
>>334197268
FUCKING HELL

i did not see that, fuck me. Thanks man
>>
>equipping the torch instantly removes the bleedy maggots
Neat
>>
if this is what the base game is like, the dlc is gonna be radical
>>
>>334196748
It is. All the bosses have so much tech now. Those fuckers have feints, dodge bait combos, block bait combos, hyperarmor, they've got fucking everything. And aside from a few lardasses it's hard to render them completely harmless by just rolling between their legs or circling them.

I'm a little miffed you have to rely on i-frames even more now, it's getting kind of ridiculous, but man are the bosses good.
>>
File: 1340050244456.jpg (41 KB, 343x187) Image search: [Google]
1340050244456.jpg
41 KB, 343x187
just recently started.

>mfw [spoilers]HOLY SHIT YOU CAN LIGHT THE CHURCH ON FIRE WITH THE TORCH[/spoilers]

Does this have any significance?
>>
>>334197423
from the main menu hit start and then go down to options, and tab over to hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue.
>>
>aldrich devourer of gods
more like aldrich devourer of my entire fucking day

one ember left. have beaten this guy a few times as a phantom but every single time i summon somebody to help me they just run straight into his arrows and get smashed.

i have been doing this fight successfully all fucking day as a phantom just to get embers only to lose them straight away when my summon goes full retard. but it's next to impossible to do this solo.

please kill me.
>>
>>334197532
The church catches on fire during a boss battle. Not surprising.
>>
>>334179009
Infinite healing.
>>
The tree boss in the Undead Village has so much health

Do I just need to use the fire resin?
>>
what's a good strength weapon to invest in? i just beat the sage in the forest/wetland area and i'm using a +2 bastard sword.
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160413155609.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160413155609.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>334197062
I did that and managed Dancer at level 20 with the katana faggots help. Then I went on to beat Oceiros and Champion Gundyr by level 39. Now I'm rocking Gundyrs Glaive for the rest of the game.
>>
>>334178129
It is really fun and has the third best maps of the series. DaS > DeS > DaS3. It is much more fun than bloodborne imo
>>
>>334197698
hit him in his sacs, then hit him in his mutant hand
>>
>get summoned
>host gets invaded
>host sits down on the ground to watch us duke it out

That was pretty funny.
>>
>>334197698
Hit the fuck out of his sacks
>>
Anyone know where large club is?
>>
>>334197550
>please kill me
I won't, ask Aldrich :^)
>>
Anyone know why i cant talk to Irina of Carim ?

Got 14 faith but i suspect it may be because i have one hollowing.
>>
File: Im_not_even_mad.png (20 KB, 660x483) Image search: [Google]
Im_not_even_mad.png
20 KB, 660x483
Enough said?
Btw, whatcha think bout my build?
>>
Who /cleangetaway/ here?

>spend a good amount of time fucking with the host and his endless amount of suncuck buddies
>get down to low hp with no flask
>hide behind NPCs and black crystal away
>back home fully stocked
>continue to invade

Been at it all day and its a lot of fun. Whenever it looks like I'll be fighting an uphill battle I'll just do whatever I can to make it harder on the host and just back out when I'm having a hard time.
>>
>>334198025

>9°C

How
>>
File: displeased dancing shota.gif (2 MB, 422x409) Image search: [Google]
displeased dancing shota.gif
2 MB, 422x409
>>334197698
>>334197808
>>334197927
Even a simple unupgraded (or +1) Longbow with wood arrows will deal enough damage to destroy the sacs in a few hits. Made the fight almost feel like a joke.
Almost.
Fuck that hand hitbox.
>>
File: 20160413135721_1.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413135721_1.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
Jesus fucking Christ. I took a fall to check out some area below, and got dunked by this NPC, and taunted all in one swift motion before I could even recover.

I'm not even mad, I'm genuinely impressed.
>>
>>334197985
Never mind im retarded
Thought she was the one in white on the stairs until i looked around
>>
So does your Weapon Level change when you put your highest in the box or not? Because I literally can't invade at +10 right now.
>>
File: Shit_got_real.png (38 KB, 947x708) Image search: [Google]
Shit_got_real.png
38 KB, 947x708
>>334198078
I have no idea, to be honest...
Must be something wrong with the calucations...
>>
>>334178129

Better than DaS. Worst than BB.
>>
Anyone here with a GTX 570 or i3 who can tell me how good it runs on that?
>>
File: Crossbreed Priscilla 6.jpg (502 KB, 811x747) Image search: [Google]
Crossbreed Priscilla 6.jpg
502 KB, 811x747
Any mention of Priscilla in it?
>>
>>334198025
>Temps under 40
should spend more souls on temps for that fire damage buff quite honestly
>>
How is everyone so friendly in PvP?

Everyone returns my bow gesture. and doesn't attack until it's clear we're both ready.
>>
File: 4bb.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
4bb.png
487 KB, 900x900
>lost in some fucking Tim Burton village
>getting raped by fat bitches and giant dudes with apple baskets
>getting sniped by whale harpoons from across the map
>finally find boss room
>some faggot aids tree
>kill him after a billion tries
>finally I can get out of this literal shit hole and proceed to the next level
>it's a fucking dead end, have to teleport back to the fucking village

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!
>>
File: 20160413201916_1.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413201916_1.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>that feel
>>
>>334178370
The level design is far better than the original dark souls imo. I don't know why people think otherwise, you have at least 5x the content in one area than you ever did in ANY area in a previous souls games. Much better verticality as well, blew my mind how much you could explore in the undead settlement and cathedral of the deep.
>>
File: hug.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
hug.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>find the large club
>that charged heavy attack
This thing can pancake the fat ladies who hug you and it's wonderful
>>
should I get the true strength from yoel?
>>
>>334198402
The village was really fun imo

I enjoyed the enemy designs
>>
>>334198361
Good one my friend.
Btw im a [Spoiler]Ginger[Spoiler]
>>
>>334198073
>faggots like this invade me
>use one of my giant seeds
>watch as mobs gangbang him to death

Just had a red using a giant crab as a safey spot in the swamp. Let him run back to it, used seed, and watched the crab fuck his shit in 2 seconds.

I hope people don't figure out how to get infinite seeds like I have. At least they haven't run out so far and I've gotten 45.
>>
>>334198107
>not recognizing iron tarkus

Get out.
>>
Guys the bug NPC that i think is supposed to sell sorceries just lays dead in Firelink. What did i do wrong?
>>
>>334198483
yes
you need to for the third ending
you become hollow, but only in appearance, after dying loads which gives you free level ups
you ca cure it with a firekeeper soul but if you do you can't get the third ending
>>
>>334198557
You don't even need to hide behind an enemy either all you have to do is get a decent distance from the host and you can back out with no problems. The black crystal takes like 2-3 seconds to work.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.