[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People really need to stop dickriding Kojima into infinity and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: ground zeroes.jpg (223 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ground zeroes.jpg
223 KB, 1600x900
People really need to stop dickriding Kojima into infinity and just admit that MGSV was utter shit not deserving of the scores it got. And now that we're at it: accept that it only got said scores out of brand loyalty.

"Mgsv was a mistake"- kojima
>>
>le "X was a mistake" maymay
>>
>>321942058
I ain't a Kojima fag. I actually find all the metal gear solid games before the 4th boring and with uncomfortable controls. But this game was lots of fun, hanging around the map, doing side ops and organizing Diamond Dogs got me stuck with this great title for hours. Yeah the ending was kinda shitty but i don't blame Kojima for this since Konami showed up to be one of the worst companies ever.
>>
>>321942929

It pains me to see gamers genuinely enjoying this game.

You know why? Because its super bland, its super derivative. yet all of you fags act as if this is the next big thing since sliced bread.

The open world is literally empty, if you have fun riding around a literally empty world, you most likely have shit taste.

The side ops, there are 10 types, but 2 of them are extremely rare (1 of them, the rescue the sheep one, only happens once)
And out of the remaining 8, 3 of them are literally the same with a slight twist.

Rescue the hostage
Unlucky dogs (which is the same as rescue the hostage but with an extra hostage)
extract high ranking soldier (which is the same as rescue the hostage, but the target is hostile)

So you're stuck doing the same 8 side missions, 3 of them being identical, over 170 times, throughout the same 2 maps, thats repeating every side op over 10 times, anon, if thats not derivative then I dont know what is.

This is literally assassins creed 1 all over again.
>>
Never rode Hideo's dick about anything MGSV related except the trailers. Hot damn those were some good trailers.

I liked almost all of the other games. Even PoOps. But V was the first time I ever felt so goddamn BORED playing Metal Gear. You spend your time either traversing an empty map, waiting for development timers, or riding in helicopters. And when you're not doing those things, you're just fultoning ruskies and niggers. It's a dull slog through bland maps punctuated by brief moments of excitement during real gunfights whenever you fuck up and have to go loud.

And that shit ain't Konami's fault. That's Koji's own damn fault. Those are problems they should have caught in the fucking design document. Day 0 shit. I'm honestly shocked at how hard Hideo screwed the pooch. Like, seriously, that pooch's asshole is all kinds of raw and bleeding after that screwing.
>>
MGSV was good you fucking degenerate. Not as good as MGS1, 2 or 3 but still a great fucking game.

Kill yourself, then shut up, then kill yourself.
>>
I wouldn't call it utter shit. The actual core gameplay is fantastic, they just made the game way too long and it loses it's appeal. The soundtrack and the look of the game are also great. The story is utter shit though and it definitely didn't deserve 10s. 6 or 7 maybe.
>>
>>321943464
Holy autism, Batman.
>>
>>321944654
>The actual core controls are fantastic

Fixed that for you. I feel that "gameplay" encompasses a lot of aspects, many of which V does exceedingly poorly.
>>
I thought MGSV was great. The problem is that it's padded out to hell and back and it left everyone with a really bitter taste of what could have been, especially since all of the repeated nonsense feels like it was just a placeholder for something else.

Maybe everyone thinks if we cry foul enough, there will be an "updated" version similar to Subsistence or Substance where they add in content that was originally slated for the game but didn't make it in. That's impossible though, considering MGS is entirely Konami's domain now and the CEO of Konami is a batshit insane gambling addict who thinks video games are a dead market.
>>
>>321944884
Right, that's more what I meant. The actual gameplay is extremely repetitive. Almost every mission is the same extract or kill a guy objective.
>>
File: 1435251436550.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1435251436550.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>321943464
>gamers
>>
>>321943464
>implying bland = bad

Games can be bland, but good. Not every game has to be an innovation. Innovation is nice, but sometimes the regular is fine, too.

It's that whole thing about how you could always have fine steak every night, but some nights you just want a regular old hamburger.
>>
>>321945603
I just wanted a game that didn't get repetitive 5 hours in.
>>
>>321946186
It was fine for me because I enjoyed the thing I was replaying over and over.
>>
It's easily a strong 7/10. Stop being a
melodramatic pleb.
>>
>>321946546
Anonthony Fantano here
>>
I should probably replay this game. It's pretty fun to be honest.
>>
>>321942058

>utter shit

I like it. It's probably a 7/10 for me. Overrated, sure, but I don't regret paying 40 bux for it.
>>
>>321944654

Please explain to me how the soundtrack was good.

I usually love MGS soundtrack, PW soundtrack was godly. Even if they ditched the MGS main theme.

But Vs soundtrack is fucking terrible, even GZ had better soundtrack.

Or, do you mean the LICENSED soundtrack which is only there as a giant joke?
>>
>>321948038

>not enjoying She Blinded Me With Science blaring from your heli loudspeaker

Heretic.
>>
MGSV brought back the feeling of ambiguity and simplicity that the first Metal Gear had in my opinion. I can't say it entertains me as much as the MGS games, but it was still fun. It's just like if you want to sit down to play Metal Gear - there's a barebones story with pretty good gameplay for the era with both games.
>>
>>321948390

I think this is accurate. The gameplay itself is awesome. Casing a village and planning your approach is very rewarding. The world could have used some more intrigue, and I don't give a rat's ass about the story, but there's a lot to like imo. It'll be better once multiplayer drops for PC.
>>
File: MGS4_PS3_2D_FOB_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg (290 KB, 650x751) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_PS3_2D_FOB_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg
290 KB, 650x751
I just done beating the first boss of MGS4 and I think the game is pretty good so far.

Why does /v/ shit on it? Might not be as good as the first three games, but it's not a bad game at all.
>>
>>321948626

Because of the story being retarded, never mind that they all have stupid stories full of incredible bullshit.

MGS4 has really nice gameplay though.
>>
>>321948375

I just fucking mentioned the LICENSED soundtrack doesn't counts.

People need to learn the difference between OST and LST.

MGSV has a terrible OST. And yeah the licensed soundtrack has some cool songs but as I just said: Its only there as a joke, like for example the helicopter song. Its there for comedy value.

I really doubt you were listening to maneater while sneaking in OKB zero.
>>
>>321948038
It has some good stuff. Sucks that the best stuff isn't actually in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVARXWwtJFs

What sucks about the OST is the majority of it is mostly used for ambiance. There are quite a few good tracks in it, but you only ever here bits and pieces of them.
>>
>>321948626
>just done beating the first boss
>pretty good so far
>Why does /v/ shit on it?
No joke, it takes a nosedive from there on. It's not a bad game by any means but it starts you off with the awesome concept of sneaking through an active battlefield and then ditches that completely at the halfway point.

It's well worth playing but it could have been so, so much more.
>>
>>321948626

Because its /v/ and its kind of a birule to hate everything that is very popular.

It has one of the strongest plots in MGS4 and actually ties every single lose end with plausible in-universe explanations.

People usually say its shit because the nanomachines are a bit too much of deus ex machina but I didnt see it that way.
>>
>>321948827
It does, gameplay feels really smooth and the visuals are amazing for a 7 year old game. I was not expecting it to look that good.

Haven't seen much of the story to judge it yet, I hope I don't find it as bad as you say it is.
>>
>>321948929

Kojima and Konami were standing on a goldmine and they sent it all to hell...
>>
>>321942058
It was good. It was very reminiscent of 3, which was the strongest in the series.

It was unfinished and that sucks but honestly the game was too fucking long already. Kojima just bit off way more than he could chew with the scope of the game and konami fired him because he wanted to keep delaying it.
>>
>>321949160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfF2oPC0TGM

rip
>>
>>321949457

HOLY SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPgM9zvWS-I

IMAGINE IF THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN US AN ACTUAL PLOT WITHOUT VENOM BULLSHIT AND THIS IS WAS THE ENDING SONG AS BB RIDES ONTO THE SUNSET.

This is literally god-tier,

this makes me so fucking mad, to think that this was the end of the MGS saga, it really deserved better.
>>
>>321950202
I just couldn't believe all of the dialogue in the trailers was from tapes. Like Zero's speech. That hurt a lot. Also Volgin coming back to life.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.