[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/ input of watercooling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (407 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
407 KB, 3000x1688
What is /v/ input of watercooling?
>>
Water, I guess.
>>
>>333919552
Kinda wanna try one of the AIO coolers but I'm waiting for Pascal/Polaris releases before I invest. Also waiting for the new Intel chipset to come out so I can grab up some of that Optane shit. I'm hoping that it will run quieter than it does now with watercooling.
>>
>>333919626
Unless you want your rad to go to shit a a mater of a year you don't use water. Not even distilled water
>>
Waste of time and money
>>
>>333919840
video card are not bottlenecking the CPU so why even wait? Not even the next gen GPU will bottleneck
>>
>>333919552
...why
>>
>>333920028
hardware runs cooler so last long life time.
>>
Mostly pointless except for getting a bit higher OC for a negligible performance increase.
>>
Not worth it unless you already have an overkill system and you have nothing left to upgrade, it's not like girls will be impressed with your dorito colored loop
>>
>not submerging your entire PC in mineral oil
>>
>>333920247
That's such a dumb idea because it won't actually cool your system down, especially when the oil actually heats up
>>
>>333920313
>heats up
you run your oil through a rad so it cools down you dumb fuck.
>>
>>333920313
>I dont understand thermodynamics
>>
>>333920313

It actually works, but you need to run the oil through a radiator like you do with liquid cooling.
>>
File: coolit-eco-alc-tek.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
coolit-eco-alc-tek.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
I bought this quite a while ago. I think I had an 8800gt at the time.

Since AMD sockets haven't changed since, I still use it, although it occasionally makes a gurgling sound which makes me uneasy.
>>
>>333920239
Not with that attitude.
>>
>>333919552
>that image
Those radiators would be better between each system...
>>
>>333920313
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZRPXWy_nM
>>
>>333920612
>ManletShillTips
>>
>>333920239
I don't understand people like you. I don't bring girls to my workshop and show them my workbench. These things are my hobby. If I want to impress them I take them out. Then bring them home to the bed room.
>>
>>333919552
That doesn't look efficient at all. I bet by the time it passes through the ps3, the coolant is already warmed up enough to be hot and when it gets to the 360, it doesn't really do shit.

Also...the placement of the fans do nothing there. There's no need for fans in that setup. Fans are suppose to be used to push hot air out and cool air in for a enclosed system. But since it's a open system... the fans do nothing.

Whoever built this shit is a moron.
>>
>>333920752

Considering this board likes to still present "info" about PC parts like SSDs that is 6 years out of date, you idiots could really use watching an actual information channel to get up to date.
>>
>>333921073
>bet by the time it passes through the ps3, the coolant is already warmed up enough to be hot and when it gets to the 360, it doesn't really do shit.
not how water cooling works. the waters temp within the loop will usually be the same all around because of how fast the water is moving through it, it's not optimal but the difference in temps if you were to set up how you think it function optimally would only net wound 1-2c better temps.
>>
>>333921073
even the shittiest water cooling is leagues above air cooling
>>
>>333919552
For the underage and ignorant.

That loop is the worst possible. The rads should be between each waterblock.

The pump should be the lowest point not the highest.

The console waterblocks seem to just be glued on.

No airflow for the consoles.
That pci extender probably cost more than that low end card. Those cables are about $100 from 3M.
>>
>>333919552
This is the stupidest looking shit ive laid eyes on. Not even LED rigged as far as i can see to make it at least somewhat okayish? But id rather have it all confined into a slick looking case for each one rather than slapping that shit on a wall like an autist because a monkey figured out how to use security screwdrivers and a drill. Like at least rig it and glass/clear plastic box that shit and have it glow.
>>
>>333921883
>That loop is the worst possible. The rads should be between each waterblock.
this is how novice builders think. again you'll only get 1-2C better temps setting it up like this.
>The pump should be the lowest point not the highest.
it's a double pump set up, obviously the first pump/res combo was used to get the water through then once the loop was full they could power on the second pump.
>>
>>333922384
You would get more then 1-2c, you would get closer 6-10c drop. With that many things in line with each other.
>>
>>333922384
It's a shit set up regardless.

Novice? Bitch please. I've been water cooling my PCs since the 90s since before you could just order any radiator you wanted.

After posting I did think that the guy would only ever be running one system at a time.

>it's a double pump set up
Oh didn't even see the waste of money res+pump there.
>>
>>333921883
In his defense, he probably never has more than one on at a time.
>>
>>333919927
"thats the joke"
>>
>>333922997
It's probably a "look, we can cool everything at once" thing.

>>333922696
>double pump is a waste
Are you sure? This setup is quite big, one pump might not be enough to provide enough velocity.
>>
>>333922384
So wait. Is the second pump on the back? How would you even mount that? It falls over and youre practically done for.
>>
>>333923340
Get a bigger pump then. That pump on there can handle that set up no problem alone. Just not in the full retard mounting position.
>>333923498
It's on the bottom of the reservoir.
>>
>>333923724
Oh i didnt even see that down there. I just though it was part of the res. My bad
>>
>>333919552
>>333919840
got a h115i for my 5820k, thing idles at 17 c and on load get to around 30-40 usually depending on the room temp, for just games it only goes up to 22 c though, even on the autist strategy games it only get to 24 c.
>>
>>333924064
>>333919552
Question. What does a i5 ????S or i5 ????C mean?

I know a i5 ????K does overclcoking, but what the fuck do these other letters mean?

I've seen S, C, T, and I think a X.
>>
>>333923724
>bigger pump
Not always a good idea, especially if there's some pressure drops along the way.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pumps-parallel-serial-d_636.html
>>
I want this pretty bad.
>>
>>333924408
its just pointless over labeling and marketing, like S is for low power consumption and T is even lower but it doesn't matter much for the average consumer, all you need to be concerned about is get a K one if your going to overclock and get standard one if your not. Also remember that is ill advised to get a skylake or later cpu if you plan to stick with win 7 due to the win 10 botnet shit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.