[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad if I find most of my video games from lurking here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1449054001546.png (327 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1449054001546.png
327 KB, 750x750
Is it bad if I find most of my video games from lurking here?
>>
File: ran.webm (744 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ran.webm
744 KB, 800x600
>>
>>333918801
nah, /v/ has pretty good taste on occasion
I played Xenoblade chronicles and TW101 cause the threads were nice
>>
>>333918801
Not really, it is a board dedicated to video games, believe it or not, and on occasion people talk about games, some you may have never head of and garner interest in.
Simple as that.
>>
I don't get the point of lurking.

Why just read what people write?
Why not jump into the discussion and talk with them?
>>
>>333919306
>I don't get the point of lurking.
Coming to a greater understanding of the culture you're dealing with. Instead of charging in like some stereotypical fat American tourist, you learn how the place works so you don't act like an asshole while participating in discussion.
>>
>>333919431
>. Instead of charging in like some stereotypical fat American tourist

It's called bravery commie
>>
>>333919431
Kind of sad the lurk moar culture died off
>>
>>333919860
Taking your pants off and doing nudie run through the Vatican on purpose is bravery, accidentally being and oaf isn't.
>>
>>333919306
Coming from someone who lurked for eight years before posting here in 2012, laziness.
>>
>>333919306
When you're not so good with words people tend to ignore you, so you just quietly read what others have to say.
>>
>>333919306
>I don't get the point of lurking.
You don't get the point because nobody tells people to do it anymore

>LURK MOAR
it's just lost on today's folks

board culture isn't reinforced by anyone, unless everyone is huddling together to cry about how much their lives suck or to agree on which boogeyman is ruining something for them
>>
>>333920079
>accidentally being and oaf
kek
>>
>>333919306
Rarely have anything to say
>>
>>333918801
i do it all the time. i don't even own any modern consoles so i never know what games /v/ is even talking about. i generally can only post in maybe 3 threads at most because i don't get any of it.

i never bother unless i ask and i only ask during a big steam sale.
>>
>>333919306
I like not coming off as a sperg and knowing what kind of people I would be interacting with ahead of time. I've lurked since 2009 and I can count my posts on two hands.

Take your (You) new friend.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.