[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get why so many people complain about this game's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
I don't get why so many people complain about this game's roster. It's (potentially) the very first game in the series. Did you really expect the developers to prioritize obscure shitmons like Swampert or Klefki over the big guns like Charizard and Lucario? 16 characters for a first installment is perfectly fine.
>>
Muh Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
>>
>>333916189
then why is no one playing it
>>
>>333916189
I believe luchachu is the only thing people complain about, not only does it mean having the same character twice (again), it's also based on a (probably) one-off gimmick from a badly remade game
>>
>>333916831
I've seen many people complain that Greninja isn't in the game even though he already got his time to shine in Sm4sh and Sceptile is a better ninja.
>>
The roster is fine enough, the problem with the game is it's not all that fun to play.
>>
>>333916691
This reminds me of the time when people claimed it took 5 minutes to find a game in Splatoon
>>
>>333917269
Matches in Pokken happen so fucking fast online that it puts Splatoon to shame.
>>
Anytime a game comes out, there's always faggots that complain about the roster.
>>
I'm not a HUGE Pokemon fan but I feel like I've played enough of the games and paid enough attention to the franchise as a whole to commentate.

No Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee is a missed opportunity. They're right there with Machamp as being the iconic gen 1 fighting-type Pokemon. Just feels odd that they're not on the roster.

Pikalucha is stupid. They could've just used Hawlucha if they wanted a luchador grappling Pokemon. Also Chandalure just seems kinda, "What?" Although the way it plays kinda justifies it being on the roster, though I don't think it was anyone's request for it to be in the game.

The roster is otherwise more or less fine, but I could've done with Deoxys and Scizor myself.
>>
>>333916189
considering the game didn't have a huge budget, the roster is fine with me. anyone that expected over 60+ characters from the start, especially since it's th efirst in the series, are complete idiots.
>>
File: Pokken in a nutshell.webm (1 MB, 770x574) Image search: [Google]
Pokken in a nutshell.webm
1 MB, 770x574
>>333916189
>thought my love of pokemon would be enough to carry me into liking a fighter

i'm so fucking shit at fighters. i always grab when i should counter, jump when i should have attacked or block when i should have done some other thing
>>
File: 127Pinsir_Dream.png (23 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
127Pinsir_Dream.png
23 KB, 450x335
NO BUG
O
B
U
G
>>
>>333916189
They're just fishing for (You)s
>>
>>333917740
Just keep practicing.
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1034x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1034x749
Is Garchomp considered a braindead character? I like him a lot but it's pretty difficult to extend combos holding X then releasing it. I'm also trying to git gud with Sceptile too, any tips?
>>
File: detail-sceptile.png (150 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
detail-sceptile.png
150 KB, 850x850
>>333918638
master bullet seed prep into aerial Y, utilize leech seed and bullet seed for field control, lea blade is your best fiend for getting into duel phase and spacing, vine hanging will save your life most of the time, especially after using detect.

take a look at these i you want to be REALLY good with him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvc2itOM_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=063TuX3fLjk

and for garchomp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHTxBescdI
>>
>Shadow Mewtwo
>Luchadore Pikachu
This is why people are mad. These are blatant wastes of space on the roster. What's worse is the probability of these two becoming evergreen members of the Roster since they're "veterans" once they start pushing out sequels.
>>
>>333918638
He's not braindead all. The only shit people consider braindead is zoners and maybe something like Charizard if you Firepunch too much
>>
File: 1459472700480.jpg (57 KB, 729x621) Image search: [Google]
1459472700480.jpg
57 KB, 729x621
>>333916189
I actually like the roster, my only concern about it is that they didn't put fucking Hawlucha (Ash's MVP in the anime) and Greninja (which is the god damn Gen. VI rep in Smash).
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 192x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 192x177
>>333919839

Yeah, this. Pangoro or Pancham would've been great too.
>>
>>333918638
No, since his moves are telegraphed as hell and his mixups have recovery on them that can easily be counterattacked to ruin your day.
>>
>>333917740
What's this from? Purely for academic reasons.
>>
>>333916189
here to remind you that PSASBR did the Jump / 3 attack buttons (with directional variation) first.
>>
>>333920712
and PSASBR sucked
>>
>>333919839
>M-M-MUH SMASH!!!!!
Fuck off retard.
>>
File: 1459715045616.png (102 KB, 593x573) Image search: [Google]
1459715045616.png
102 KB, 593x573
>>333916189
The only reason people shit on the roster is because their favourite literally who pokemon isn't in and they can't grasp the fact two pikachus have different movesets.

>Rosterfaggotry
>>
File: 1446648392370.gif (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446648392370.gif
67 KB, 500x500
>>333917039
>he already got his time to shine in Sm4sh
>Got nerfed to shit
>Get nerfed again
>finally get a buff
>Its shit
>Stuck in tr4sh
>>
Online is hype as fuck. You all know this to be true.
>>
I hope it does become a series and the roster gets expanded. I'd love more characters that are wrestling themed as well, especially if it was a Bam Bam Bigelow Emboar.
>>
>>333917039
Yet Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Charizard are there.

Greninja absolutely should've been in. He's the definitive Gen 6 starter.
>>
I think the fact that nobody is certain that this game will get a sequel says a lot.
>>
>>333924017
About the current market maybe. Pretty much any new IP is going to be a big risk these days.

That said, it's been doing really well actually. It sold/been selling well and people are playing it. It will probably have a lot of longevity. Namco will probably port it to NX, with new characters and balance patches, maybe continue to support it, and make a sequel eventually.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.