[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantastic game slightly let down by shitty writing that threw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Goldeneye_US_ESRB_WII.jpg (526 KB, 775x1092) Image search: [Google]
Goldeneye_US_ESRB_WII.jpg
526 KB, 775x1092
Fantastic game slightly let down by shitty writing that threw away every single iconic moment from the film.

>Great graphics.
>Great gameplay.
>Good voice acting.

But the writer, Bruce Feirstein, tried to "update" GoldenEye, and ended up throwing away everything that made it amazing. The film revolves entirely around Russia, the Cold War, and the treachery of the British during WWII. The game tosses all that out. Rareware
s GoldenEye game managed to keep more of the film intact than this thing.

>One half of everything is luck.
>And the other half?
>*sirens blare*
>Fate.

That's just a taste of what you won't be getting while playing this game. They even managed to ruin 006's speech in the park by removing all the grandeur and nuance and turning it into a little bitch session about rich people and banks.
>>
File: spiderbabyjunior.jpg (109 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
spiderbabyjunior.jpg
109 KB, 500x439
>>333914761
Did you ever stop to consider the fact that maybe you just got older and more cynical?
>>
>>333914761
story aside, the game is pretty great, shooting was rather unique and had good levels, MP is kinda weird and ran like at 20 FPS, but it was good while it lasted
>>
>>333915535
>Did you ever stop to consider the fact that maybe you just got older and more cynical?
How do you mean?
>>
I see that theres a ps3 version. which is better? already got the wii version,
>>
>>333914761
It was CoD but with a bit more effort and added stealth elements.
I'm sort of intrigued in picking up the 360 version for the upgrade in graphics and performance.
>>
>>333915802
James Bond is a character that is meant to appeal to horny teenagers. Naturally, you liked the version more that you saw as a horny teenager.
>>
>>333915831
>I see that theres a ps3 version. which is better? already got the wii version,
It's a remaster. Running on a different engine. Mostly better graphics, but mirrors don't work anymore.
>>
>>333915951
They didn't change Bond. They changed every single other character in the film. And the setting. And most of the major story moments. And basically every line of dialogue.
>>
File: 1456534130129.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1456534130129.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>333914761
>dat nightclub level
>>
>>333915854
>It was CoD but with a bit more effort and added stealth elements.
I don't see why people compare it to CoD when Eurocom had been making Bond games since 2000, and their GoldenEye played more or less the same as The World is Not Enough and Nightfire.

Was it the optional regenerating health? Was it the first person cutscenes? Call of Duty didn't invent those things.
>>
File: xenia.jpg (50 KB, 397x168) Image search: [Google]
xenia.jpg
50 KB, 397x168
>>333916115
>>dat nightclub level
Then you meet Xenia and realise they've totally ruined her character by stripping out basically every defining attribute.
>>
>>333916212
It was the controls, linearity, and scripted events. Utilizing various gameplay tripes that CoD follows except with the spy espionage approach instead of a soldier in a world war.
>>
>>333916412
>It was the controls, linearity, and scripted events.
Aside from aiming down sights, how were the controls "CoD-like"? And how was the game more linear than World is Not Enough/Nightfire? And the scripted events? Is Half Life 2 "CoD-like" now?
>>
File: Goldeneye_Wii_Intro.jpg (291 KB, 1440x792) Image search: [Google]
Goldeneye_Wii_Intro.jpg
291 KB, 1440x792
>>333916725
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.