[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to explain why Ground Demo's was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
You have 10 seconds to explain why Ground Demo's was better than TPP.
>>
>>333896857
It was finished.
>>
>>333896857
It was a $25 sandbox instead of a $70 sandbox with repetitive missions.
>>
It wasn't
>>
didn't try to be edgy but with shitty writing like V.
>>
It had a good characters and dialogue
It had good level design
What you were doing and why you were doing it actually made sense

MGSV has none of these.
>>
>>333896857
>better level design
>tighter pacing and writing
>didn't need to throw in an open world
>didn't have Fulton or turn into a collectathon
>>
File: 1292441450501.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1292441450501.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>333897464

>too stupid and butthurt to understand the power struggle dichotomy that Kojima put in MSGV like he did MGS2.

It's "empty" for a reason dipshit. It's suppose to make you feel like an asshole.
>>
>>333896857
It wasn't, worst meme of 2015
>>
>>333896857
There was simply a better ratio of story to gameplay.

>>333897596
despite the fact I think you're shitposting this could be somewhat true along with the whole "phantom pain" theme the game has
>>
File: 1275365226353.png (4 KB, 391x265) Image search: [Google]
1275365226353.png
4 KB, 391x265
>>333897775

Maybe the Phantom Pain resolves around the empty gameplay and not the story. Devoid of anything.
>>
>>333896857
Well designed level
camp omega was really fucking polished plenty rooftops and crawlspaces to hide in
not having the fulton device, or free supply drops made the game more challenging
music was memorable
shit changed as you started to resuce chico and paz in the main mission guard patrols changed and an apc guards one of the doors
bonus missions were nice
the main missions had a good variety with nice twists
>someone is bombing the base soon
>you were rescuing kojima
>the informant faked you out and you have to find the guy with the right tape

I liked it
>>
It wasn't.
>>
>>333896857
It wasn't. V's bases had much better level design; anyone saying otherwise knows nothing about the subject. The AI is tuned a bit better, the controls and animations are smoother, there's a fuckton more content, there's more variety, and it looks better. TPP surpasses GZ in every way except MAYBE music. /v/ just happens to be contrarian central and are big fans of propagating the Zelda cycle to other franchises.
>>
File: 1287991621951.jpg (18 KB, 390x240) Image search: [Google]
1287991621951.jpg
18 KB, 390x240
>>333898684
The missions were pretty boring and uninspired but nothing compared to TPP. It's absolutely amazing how obvious it was how much was cut from the game.

Didn't someone say that Kojima had like 90% of Kiefers lines cut or something and everyone thought it was a joke? i'd like to see a source but yeah..

Or even the little things like I remember how every console version would get an exclusive cardboard box, never came to be.

And i'm glad YT exists because the chapter 3 ending was just as shitty as the rest of the games cutscenes.

Even the cutscenes were bad. there's around 5 hours of TPP cutscenes and I bet if you sped up all the slowmotion horseshit that seems to be a verbal tick of whoever was in charge of making the scenes; could have made the entire games cutscene length 45 minutes.

I'm not mad that it's not Big Boss. I'm not even mad how blatantly obvious and shitty Skullface of a villan was.

I'm not even mad that they cut episode 51 because honestly the I forgotthenameoftheshittymetalgear was such a shitty cookie cutter triple A fight "let's make it look really cool and then give it tons of health and make you autistically grind for a better rocket launcher just so you can put a sliver of HP off of it." did not sound fun the 2nd time around(episode 51)

It's like the entire budget was put into just the graphics and the gameplay mechanics and nothing else.

Off topic slightly. Say what you want about Undertale but at least it's polished. You can tell a lot of love and effort went into it even if the writing is cringeworthy internet meme tumblr tier 12 year old weaboo fanfiction shit tier writing.

At least something fucking happens in that game. "PART OF THE RUSE." is not a valid excuse this time around. The ending was not disappointing it was how it was executed.
>>
File: 1456195992720.jpg (796 KB, 800x1050) Image search: [Google]
1456195992720.jpg
796 KB, 800x1050
Every cutscene is well directed, engaging, and actually does something for the story.
>>
File: 1816.gif (173 KB, 629x558) Image search: [Google]
1816.gif
173 KB, 629x558
>>333899271

>fuckton more content
>rescue the highly skilled soldier 12
>defeat the armored unit 5
>>
>>333899271
Camp Omega was way more balanced than anything in TPP, you've got tons of empty and meaningless space in tons of the other bases, inb4 you say OKB "a long hallway" Zero had good level design.

Game's too easy too, GZ had much better balancing. I don't care about content size, GZ fundamentally has a better balanced formula and TPP is still good but not as.

I like TPP a lot, I've played every MGS and both MG games and I like the whole series, but GZ was better as a video game when it comes to fundamentals than TPP.
>>
We actually played as Big Boss
>>
You know theyre two parts to the same game right? Kojima is just greedy.
>>
>>333899364
They also cut out the supposed "something that's never been done before in video games" related to Camp Omega, or how Battle Gear was going to be a vehicle usable in missions.
>>
File: 1421023186538.gif (178 KB, 270x180) Image search: [Google]
1421023186538.gif
178 KB, 270x180
>>333899364
I should have made myself more clear

Iwould have liked to have more of ground zeroes styled side missions in place of the side/ extra ops missions the ones where you have to eliminate a squad of enemies in the middle of nowhere with no story reasoning for no reason other than to pad out the game
i think it would have felt slightly more "meaningful" that way
although i did like rescuing the msf soldier extra ops the first two times

I'm still fucking pissed that theres no explanation on what those guys are doing in afghanistan, and how they look like msf was just blown up yesterday even though its been about 10 years since it was blown up

also i wanted an explanation on how i assume ocelot found big boss, kaz and the medic, got them out of the waterand kept the three of them alive long enough to travel from the middle of the carribean/pacific ocean to fucking greece to get them to a hospital

but no i couldn't get an explanation to that either
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.