[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unreal Tournament 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: unreal_tournament_4-14.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unreal_tournament_4-14.jpg
330 KB, 1920x1080
Has /v/ been playing UT4?
What has been your experience so far?
>>
File: 1432092418298.jpg (91 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1432092418298.jpg
91 KB, 919x720
>play it
>have fun

>all my friends are extreme casuals
>they only want to play mobas
>>
File: 1453858603824.png (36 KB, 833x768) Image search: [Google]
1453858603824.png
36 KB, 833x768
>>333889117
>iktf
>>
>>333888728
Did they patch or something? I haven't played in months.
>>
>>333888728
In terms of gameplay, it's easily the best Ut so far.

My fear is that it bombs again like ut3 because arena shooters are not halo/COD, and epic never touches the UT Francchise again for years.
>>
Very fun and runs extremely well. I hope it gets a competitive scene when its more finished, no one even streams.
>>
>>333890707
It's not being promoted at all, nobody talks about it. I feel like there's a big potential market for a competitive shooter that's faster than CS since the market has been so dry, but Epic is making zero effort to bring people into their game.
>>
It's a lot of fun but I'm worried for its future. The content making has slowed down a lot.
>>
It will get big if it comes to Steam. Would be even huger if they pushed it as esportz and made it F2P. Not sure how UT could have a viable F2P model though. Nobody would want customization.
>>
>>333890892
It's also nowhere near finished. They literally got like 4 characters with a few skins, 3 levels, and all other resources are being put toward polishing the gameplay itself, as it should be. If things go well, it'll have at least another 2 years in development before it's time for advertising. God forbid they release a buggy game that "lacks content" or something.

Just give them the time to make it right. It'll be advertised when it's near release, and it's not like Epic needs the money. They're swimming in it.
Right now, they're taking and I tegrating feedback from their small, loyal user base/fanbase.
>>
>>333888728
It's pretty good but the development is progressing waaaayy too fucking slowly. I played it for the first time about a year ago or probably more and they've literally made the menus prettier and added textures to two maps during that whole year
>>
>>333891220

As someone who played the everyloving shit out of every unreal tournament game.
The ability to paint my flak cannon a different whacky colour and make the flak shells explode into rainbows is something I would pay money for.
Microtransactions could work on a UT, just purely cosmetic.
>>
>>333890892
> Epic is making zero effort to bring people into their game.
They only have one marketing budget and they're not gonna blow it all before the game is finished
>>
>>333888728
have they brought Assault mode back?
>>
i usually have good/great game sense in FPS's but my aim is always bad so they're unviable for me.
>>
>>333892220
>Microtransactions could work on a UT, just purely cosmetic.
They already have microtransactions. Last time I checked they had some skull hat and a beret
>>
>>333892337
Not yet. All this time they've been focusing on DM and CTF. I think they said vehicles weren't even on their radar, of if there's assault, it better be ut99 style assault.

>>333892220
There's a store already where you can buy hats
>>
File: 2797125-2736488474-27953.jpg (78 KB, 1280x645) Image search: [Google]
2797125-2736488474-27953.jpg
78 KB, 1280x645
>>333892220
But weapons are designed to not only have custom skins, but sections of the model are modular, and can be swapped out, purely for aesthetics.
>>
I need to play that game.
>>
>>333892740

The cardboard box hat is pretty legit.

>>333892337

Yes, you can play assault on several hubs, most notably the Absolute-Atlanta hub. It works perfectly but hasn't been introduced as an official game mode yet.
I play it, I'm pretty good, it actually has a scene on ESL for duel (I'm assuming you casual bads wouldn't be interested, but I figured I'd mention it).

The game needs work but it's okay. Needs more good maps. I'm tired of asdf (and mimic, and erase, and that one other duel map that I had to download externally wince epic won't host good maps on their own servers).

New flak feels a lot better than it did a few weeks ago. But a 3GB patch with no noticeable differences except an April fools map and a flak cannon change made me kinda sad.

The game is good. But it's too slow for me. After ut2k4 died I played a lot of quake live, before it was ruined with load outs and a steam release...maybe around 2009, 2010.

After that I moved to Warsow, which is basically CPMA.

I was excited for reflex and toxikk but they're DoA. UT has a shot because it's free but I just can't get into the slow boring play after getting used to warsow.

Yes it's 100x better than cod/halo/cs:go/whatever other ResidentSleeper game that people play.

Yes it has FUN modes (ctf, team showdown, elimination) that are casual enough and more fun than overcrotch/ tf2 /d44m.

I hope it does better but it probably won't be advertised for a while. You can enjoy it now, but feel free to wait.

Oh, and the single player challenges are also fun, until you git gud and they're boring as shut aside from the unfair ones (which are still relatively easy) - I only did them to unlock some skins (45 stars, 3 stars on every challenge, unlocks a skaarj)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.