[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 emulation is making strides, shit looks better every few months,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ERWEERWE.jpg (312 KB, 1248x876) Image search: [Google]
ERWEERWE.jpg
312 KB, 1248x876
PS3 emulation is making strides, shit looks better every few months,
>>
wow only took around ten years

still cant play red dead redemption :^)
>>
>>333889179
Give it another 2 years and it'll be there.

PS3 has proven to be a challenge but strides are finally being made, DX12 is a huge boost to it.
>>
>>333888670
Man that says a lot that people are getting closer to cracking the Power of the Cellâ„¢ than the fucking original Xbox. What the hell was up with the Xbox?
>>
>>333889375
JSRF is the only game even remotely worth emulating, it has even less games than the fucking PS3
>>
>>333889503
What about Phantom Dust, Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi and Crimson Skies?
>>
>>333889584
Niche is an understatement, no one cares about those.
>>
>>333889375
there are 0 design documents on how it works
they people making the emulator are literally guessing how the coding works and doing trial and error
>>
>>333889584

All of those are shit game and you should feel ashamed for even mentioning them.
>>
>>333889375
I think no one really cares because Xboxes are cheap as fuck and easy to mod. Anyone who is more than casually interested in playing the games would probably take that route as it's much easier than making an emulator.
>>
is it still windows 10 only? I'd rather buy an old ps3 than install windows 10.
>>
>>333890518
DX 12 is important for performance especially with the Cell's architecture. And Vulkan is a meme and doesn't actually help as much.
>>
>>333888670
>PC faggots brag about pirating console games 10 years after they come out

I am sure in the ten years that the PS3 has been out you could have saved enough to buy one cheap and play its games.
>>
>>333893091
I own a PS3, I'm just looking forward to playing PS3 games in 1080p with AA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.