[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw shit at vidya It is the worst feel >rekt in RTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (123 KB, 249x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 249x246
>tfw shit at vidya

It is the worst feel

>rekt in RTS
>rekt in fightan games
>rekt in FPS

How do I literally git gud? Is it genetics?
>>
First of all, you need a gaming chair. Second of all, git gud. Third of all, keep playing.
>>
>>333884298
Don't play on PC anymore
>>
Read and predict your opponent moves and act accordingly to your own skill.
If your skill and reflex are still shit, at least you know how to counter them with appropriate approach.
>>
>>333884298
Just play games that you enjoy despite getting your ass kicked. You should eventually get better by simply just playing it alot. Sure your always gonna come across people who can kick your ass but you should get good enough to at least compete eventually.
>>
if you want to feel good at FPS play:
dirty bomb
most single player FPS
CoD
if you want to feel good at fighting games play:
elsword pvp and go chung
smash 4 and buy bayonetta
if you want to be good at RTS play:
baby's first moba (league)

if you weren't black i would recommend who's your daddy, but you probably are
>>
File: 1459528826887.png (960 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1459528826887.png
960 KB, 1366x768
>>
it's like 20% genetics, you might not be destined to be best player in the world, but you can surely git gud

rts (actual rts, not assfaggots) games are pretty hard in pvp, that's it, you have to be quick and efficient and also have good strategy (duh)
fighting games are all about finding the most broken character and be as autistic as you can, don't waste your time
fps games are easiest to get into, all you need to do is have quick reflexes, know map and choose gun that suits you

and most importantly, play more till you git gud
>>
>>333884298

You have no hope.

If you have to make a thread crying about it rather than just actually practicing and getting better, you're too far gone.

enjoy being shit
>>
>>333884298
Use hacks, like everyone else.
>>
It has to be at least 30% genetic if you think your natural ability of puzzle solving and situational awareness has anything to do with being good at video games.
>>
>>333884298
>put in effort to try and improve, don't just play a lot and expect to improve much, you'll see people who have been playing Quake for over a decade and still suck
>play matches where you're challenged, but not just getting stomped, playing people worse than you might be good as it'll give you breathing room to try new things
>try to have as much feedback as possible, such as accuracy, talking with opponents, watching your own demo's
>watch lots of good people playing, and your own demos as well
>keep in mind the long term goal of becoming as good as you can be and work towards that, rather than being worried about short term setbacks in how good you are, be willing to experiment and do things that in the short term aren't good, but in the long term would be
>if you can get a coach of some sort, that'd be good
>do deliberate practice, focusing on things you know you have problems with, try to analyze your weaknesses and your strengths
>watch out for plateaus, i hate to link this site but it's still good - http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/08/14/plateau-busting-how-to-take-your-life-to-the-next-level/
I suppose just being concerned about the long-term improvement, and being regularly aware and thinking about ways to improve is good to do, as there surely is much more to be said on this. A lot of it does come down to genetics though, so make sure to use in-vitro fertilization with sperm/egg from two high quality individuals so your children don't have to be failures.
>>
>>333884298
Quit your job and embrace the neet lyfe.
>>
>>333884298
train
you lazy fuck that how you git gud
>>
>>333888996
It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>333888841
This
Only newfags don't use hacks on PC, that's why they get rekt
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.