[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one, /v/? I need one for my pc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
File: next-gen-controller-comparison.png (155 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
next-gen-controller-comparison.png
155 KB, 690x388
Which one, /v/?
I need one for my pc.
>>
either one should be fine depends on what you're used to

most games give xbox button prompts but more games seem to also be including playstation button icons
the xbone elite controller is supposed to be god tier but I can't say anything on it personally as I've not used it
>>
The DS4.
>>
DS4
>>
>>333871246
Ds3 or 360
You don't need to buy these unless you want to waste cash.
DS3 and 360 work perfectly fine.
>>
>>333871759
Dualshock 3 is almost the same price as 4 unless you buy a shitty third party one or a questionable used one
>>
>>333871246
Both are great but I would say Xbone is slightly better.
>>
Xbox layout is fucking garbage, if they changed the layout it would be perfect but fuck noo.
I saw a controller that had Xbox ergonomics with DS4 layout, it also supports phones, I've heard good things of it.
If I had to choose from those two, DS4
>>
PS4 is more comfortable but Xbox One works right out of the box when connected to PC.
>>
Dualshock 3 or 4

Xbox controllers are all garbage (every iteration from OG Xbox to Xbone)
>>
>>333871759
I already have a DS3, but i don't really like the triggers. However, i tried the DS4 while playing Bloodborne and i really liked it. Never tried the Xbone one but everybody seems to think it's good.
>>
>>333871759
>>333871852

DS3 is really great for Rocket League.

The way it's programmed allows you to turn at better angles.
>>
ds4 all the way
>>
>>333871492
>xbox button prompts
god that's annoying
>>
>>333872014
>that symmetry autism
>>
>>333872178
I haven't tried a DS4
But the shitty micro usb cable type b breaks a fuckton, that's why I hate these controllers.
Any controller that's USb 2.0 for pc and is good?
I am really tired of the micro usb cables breaking
>>
Depends on if you want wireless or not.

DS4 is probably a better controller (I really dislike the Xbone controller's bumpers and triggers), but if you want wireless, you have to use Bluetooth, which has always been kind of iffy for me on my PC. I'm kind of wrestling with it now, because I'd like to hook my PC up to my TV and play Dark Souls 3 from the couch when it comes out but the Bluetooth is being shitty.

The Xbone controller has a dedicated wireless dongle you can get that's a lot more reliable, but in return it's more expensive than a Bluetooth dongle, the controller doesn't have a rechargeable battery pack, and I think it's a worse controller.

If you're going wired, DS4 all the way.
>>
Xbone Lunar white

>Fixed bumpers
>Comfy Grips
>Just werks
>>
File: 7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg (73 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg
73 KB, 1500x1096
>>333871246
This OP
>>
Also, would i need an external software for the DS4? How well does it work?
>>
I've always preferred the Playstation controllers, but when ny DS3 stopped working and I couldn't fix it I got an xbone controller and it is fucking amazing. Everything I absolutely despised about the 360 controller is fixed. I much prefer the xbone controller over the PS4 one.
>>
>>333872632
>Xbone Lunar white
How are the bumpers fixed? They're my least favorite part of the Xbone controller
>>
>>333873038
You do need an external program for most things but it's a thousand times easier to use and less sketchy than the DS3 solutions and works well

A lot of games actually natively support DS4 too but the button prompts will probably be fucked
>>
>>333871246
wiiu controller
>>
Don't fall for the meme, OP. Xbone controller is superior in every single way. DS4 Is the controller equivalent of a starving African child.
>>
>>333873038
>>333873038
I use SCP with my DS3, which is also compatible with the DS4. From what everybody in the forums say pairing the DS4 is way easier than the DS3
>>
>>333871246
F310 is all you need.
>>
>>333872596
Bluetooth & DS4 has been rock solid for me, even the built-in one on my ancient 2008 PC. Guess it's a consideration, but one thing I like about BT is that you can easily use the controller in other places too, like if you want to go over some place and use it on a system there, or even other platforms entirely (like I use my DS4 with my phone for some games too). I feel like over the longer term standards tend to work out better, 5 years from now I feel pretty damn confident that Bluetooth support will still be everywhere no matter what new OS or whatever come up. Will Microsoft keep supporting its proprietary dongle indefinitely? What if some other platform got really good and there was a reason to switch to it?

I do wish Sony would do a rev of the DS4 though and just dump the light bar, it's a pointless battery sink and my only real gripe with the controller. As gimmicks go it's pretty harmless overall, only like an extra buck in LEDs if that, but at this point it's failed and the controller would be better off without.
>>
>>333873038
http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
>>
>>333873158

They don't "stick" or are hard to press in any more. They just press in softly and click like the 360 bumpers.
>>
>>333871246
The one that doesn't last 2 hours
>>
>>333871246
xbone controller
it has microswitch d-pad, and doesn't require third party software
>>
>>333873618
From an experiment done by some fag on the internet:

>After dismantling one of his controllers he discovered the LEDs are connected to the main PCB with a ribbon cable — super easy to detach. He then performed some rather unscientific tests of leaving the controllers on over night. His empirical conclusion? If you leave the controller with lights on it will die within 24 hours, if you disable the lights, it will still be at approximately 66% battery capacity after the same amount of time.

>Another user on the forums quickly pointed out that this test could have been as simple as using a multimeter — so he did that afterwards. The LEDs appear to draw around 40-50mA, which isn’t that much, but it is more than the controller uses while idle (30-40mA)!

tl; dr: grab a screwdriver, unplug a ribbon cable. Enjoy better battery life.
>>
>>333873618
Solid points all around. Maybe I'm just having more difficulty than average with Bluetooth. I grabbed the adapter everyone seemed to recommend (Kinivo BTD-400 or something) and it works really well most of the time, but once every couple hours there'll be a massive lag spike for 5-20 seconds and everything fucks up really badly. I'd hate for that to happen in a game I can't pause like Dark Souls 3 or something.

Any tricks to reducing Bluetooth interference?
>>
Emulating a lot? Particularly platformers? DS4. Playing typical flavor of the month games? Xbone controller.
>>
DS4 has a durability problem with its triggers. I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet but you can Google "Dualshock 4 R2" and see that there's been problems, it's cheap to fix but still annoying
>>
>>333874463
Are you implying the d-pad on the Xbox One controller is garbage?
>>
>>333874990
I think he's implying the sticks on hte Xbone are better for fps and such,and the DS4 Dpad is more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time.
>>
>>333875403
I disagree then.
>>
>>333871246
Between the DS4 and XBone controller? DS4.

The 360 pad is still a great choice though. No idea why the XBone pad was step down ergonomically.
>>
>>333875671
>talks about ergonomy
>picks the DS4
lol
>>
Xbox controller with wireless receiver. Works natively without having to do a bunch of fucking bullshit to get it to work wireless.
>>
>>333873038
You don't need any programs to use a DS4. It is plug and play for 99% of games. The only ones that don't work are some of the games that have been specifically programmed to only work with xbox controllers and you get around that by simply dropping a .dll file in the game folder.
>>
>>333875932
If you want it to work wireless you will have to do a bunch of bullshit.

If only works natively wired. Get the Xbox controller anon if you plan on hooking your PC to your tv or something. Don't listen to the fucking know nothing retards in this thread.
>>
>>333871246
X1 controller is superior in all ways, and is only surpassed by the X360 controller which is literally the best controller for gaming peroid, no question.

PS4 cucks who reccomend their shitty controller are blind fanboys.

Their console may be better but there's just no possible way any unbiased person could prefer the DS4 to the 360 or X1
>>
>>333876050
>If you want it to work wireless you will have to do a bunch of bullshit.
Nope. I use mine BT without any of these programs.
>>
>>333876050
>>333875932

Read
>>333873725
>>333873447

Buy a bt receiver on Amazon, wait __ days, install a program, plug in the controller. Wew that sure was tiring and difficult.

I'm no fanboy of either controller, both work okay and feel different.
>>
>>333876348
I think it only works with Bluetooth natively on Windows 10. For anything else you need an external program, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>333876348
Without any mapping third party software ? How? Did you have to do a lot of fucking around to get it to work?
>>
>>333876524
If you're on Windows 10, just pair it with Bluetooth (get an adapter if your PC doesn't have it on the motherboard) and you're set. A few games won't work without some DLL tweaks or a program like DS4Windows (like Dark Souls 1), but the vast majority of controller-enabled games will work right away.

I think you might need a program on Windows 7/8 to make it work with Bluetooth, but it works natively on 10.
>>
>>333876513
I'm still on Win7, so that's not true either.

>>333876524
I just bought a BT dongle, installed the dongle and then paired the controller.
>>
>>333872178
It's not. I've tried the bone's and it's a step backwards in most aspects. I haven't used the DS4, but I dislike solely on my principle love for the old DS design.
>>
>>333871246
Wii U Pro
>>
>>333871246
The xbone only emulates a 360 pad which is like 20 ducks cheaper.
Only get the bone if you think the slightly better D-Pad is worth the 20 ducks.

I use a DS3 (which also emulates the 360 pad) but that's only because I had one lying around. If you dont want to mess around installing 3rd party drivers and what not, then just get 360 pad. It's plug n play and updates on it's own so it's guaranteed not to break. (My DS3 SCP drivers break occasionally forcing me to uninstall them and reinstall them to get it working again)
>>
Just go to a target or something and try both out, and any more that are being displayed, like a rational person who's about to spend money.

Don't let other people spend your money for you, OP.
>>
>>333877706
Wii U Pro doesn't have pressure sensitive triggers so it's bad for games that use 'em (like anything with driving that maps brakes/gas to the triggers).

It's comfy as fuck though...
>>
whats better

ds3 or ds4 ?
>>
>>333878190
buy a wheel, pedals and shifter then you dolt. It's the PC. No compromises.
>>
>>333878265
DS4 > DS2 > DS3

If DS4 had the DS2 L2/R2 buttons and convex sticks it would be perfect.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (129 KB, 1670x934) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
129 KB, 1670x934
>>333871924

This.

I hated the DS3 for anything that had to do with shooting or racing, for everything else it was a decent controller. I fucking love the DS4 controller and so glad that Sony finally decided to make some real triggers however, the Xbox one controller is fucking amazing. I mostly game on pc but also own a PS4 and I wouldn't want anything else but an 360 or xbox one controller for windows. it's also plug and play too which automatically makes it better.
>>
>>333878190
Very few, and I mean VERY few games actually require pressure sensitive triggers, to the point where its a non issue.

also to sight correction on your part, its racing SIMULATORS that make real use of pressure sensitive triggers, not all racers. alot of racers are also made with the option of using a face button as an option if you so choose.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7339627
>>
>>333874183
If you use a PC, you can just turn off the light or make it very dim in DS4Windows settings.
>>
>>333874183
good luck charging the controller with no ribbon cable, it also connects the usb port to controllers mainboard.
>>
>>333871246
360 controller. xbone is crappy. get ds4 if you use the d-pad instead of the analogue if that's really a problem.
>>
xbone. if you really want a dual shock, buy the ds3.

the ds4 is complete garbage.
>>
>>333871246
GET A FUCKING LOGITECH YOU KEK
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.