[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game's GAMEPLAY and not sjw bullshit? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: game-page-banner.jpg (216 KB, 982x453) Image search: [Google]
game-page-banner.jpg
216 KB, 982x453
How is this game's GAMEPLAY and not sjw bullshit?

I've played about 7 hours, and its a lot more enjoyable than bl2 in a lot of ways.
>>
File: Athena_AM.png (498 KB, 534x696) Image search: [Google]
Athena_AM.png
498 KB, 534x696
It's really solid, the extra mobility really adds to the game in a good way and the characters this time around are solid. Athena is basically first person Platinum Games.
>>
>>333863515
The gameplay is an objective improvement over BL2. Design of the maps and missions? Ehh...

Also, character points really went heavy on the stacks imo.
>>
>>333863085
why does that game even exist

and why can't I find a torrent of BL2 GOTY anywhere
>>
I enjoy the gameplay, aside from legendary drops or the lack of rather. The characters were all pretty fun to play as, each had good viable builds but it was a struggle to get to end game. Good story but it was a chore to get through some areas.
>>
Guys should I play Borderlands Series before Tales from the borderlands?
>>
>>333864430
Yes
>>
>>333864430
You don't need to, of that's what you.re asking.
>>
>>333864513

How should the order be?

Borderlands 1 => Borderlands 2 => Tales From The Borderlands => Borderlands Pre Sequel?
>>
File: waifu.png (659 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
659 KB, 600x800
>>333864430
You can easily understand the characters sans playing the main series honestly. It might make you enjoy it a bit more because you don't have to sit through bad dialogue. However I quite enjoyed it seeing little nods and overall caharacter improvement from the games.
To the point of the thread, gameplay is definetly more varied compared to the other games and I really liked the improvements each installment tried to implement. Loot drops were of course worse than one, but at least better than 2 and money wasn't something that was just left collecting dust. Maps and missions could have been better and the game felt short, but uktimately it wasn't a total abortion. Plus I try to chock some of my issues with characters and story as Athena narrating and things being spun from her point of view which I like in the end. Nisha was fun as fuck to play.
>>
File: Aurelia-fleet.png (972 KB, 772x1000) Image search: [Google]
Aurelia-fleet.png
972 KB, 772x1000
>>333865187
Pre-sequel should probably be played before Tales just to give an understanding to Janey and Athena imo
>>
>>333865167

I jsut dont want to miss on the possible references or something.
>>
No anarchy gaige, no buy.
>>
>>333865540
>Not playing Devil May Athena
>>
>>333863085
Pretty much worse than the previous game.
The stomping thing is interesting but having to keep a eye on a bar just to stay alive sucks and Headshot almost being entirely pointless blows my fucking mind.
>>
>>333863085

How the fuck is it "more enjoyable?" It's literally the exact same fucking thing as 2, but with a low-gravity mechanic.
>>
>>333865429
there is nothing to understand besides Anthony Burch fucking up another game.
>>
>>333865429
Yeah, so you can vomit continuously.

Tales Athena is the actual worst character in the series. What a fucking waste.
>>
>>333865672

ANARCHY
N
A
R
C
H
Y
>>
>>333863085
Why would I play Borderlands when Destiny exists? It's like a non-shit Borderlands.
>>
>>333863085
unbalanced as shit if you play alone.

some enemies will heal up to full heath and get even stronger if you dont kill them fast enough. VHM is unplayable alone unless you got the best gear.
>>
>>333866135
A not shit borderlands with not shit to do.
>>
>>333865672
anarchy atleast made the game playable on solo.
>>
>>333866508
That's actually pretty false. I'm playing TVHM right now and it's pretty reasonable.

>>333866683
Well TPS isn't BL2 so yeah.
>>
File: bison.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bison.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>333866135
>Destiny
>non-shit
Funny joke.
>>
Honestly map design is getting boring very quickly. Same large white-ish moon areas and spaceships labyrinths is 90% of a game. Vanilla borderlands2 has had a lot of variety in terms of map interiors. At least Claptrap DLC is super fun and original.
There's also a not a lot of things to do after you beat main campaign and only one proper (Claptrap's) expansion. I dunno, looking back I find BLS2 more fun than Pre-sequel.
Anyway how you supposed to build Nisha? I completed my main dual-pistol tree and going for the right one. But it feels fucked up, I don't know what weapon I need to use. I get stacks for killing people but I lose it after reload, and at the same time guns receive bonuses after reloading and my brain failing to understand what weapons I have to use. Short clip size ones to get constant after-reload buffs, or long sized ones so I can build more and more killing stacks.
>>
Low gravity and oxygen management are nice attempts to shake things up, but jump pads seemed like a step back and when your first boss battle is just everyone bouncing around like idiots on them and you have to track both the vertical and horizontal axis, things quickly become tedious.

Not a fan of the skill trees either. There are some nice ideas, but a lot of them are just 'do X to get stacks of Y which provide a buff to Z'

Only about 2-3 hours, so maybe I'm getting the wrong impression of some things. I'll explore the planet of the LGBT Australians a bit more to see if things change.
>>
>>333868038
Points go into:
-Ruthless
-Magnificent Six
-Short Fuse
-Faster n You
-High Noon
-One for Each of Ya
-Bonafide Grit
-Snapshot
-Quickshot
-Fistfull of the Bullets
-Tombstone
-The Unforgiving
This is if you like fun with guns
>>
>>333864430
>Tales from the Borderlands
>playing
>>
How to make my Maya build?

Helios and sucking in shit?
>>
>>333869695
git gud
>>
>>333864353
Because they wanted to capitalize on the desire for a BL3, but weren't ready to put out BL3.
>>
It had the best character in the series.
>>
>>333866672
there's a lot to do though, there are so many quests and different weapons/armors to use
>>
It's as good, if not better, than BL2, depending on how you feel about the O2 mechanic. Oxygen rarely runs out, and you're primary use is to boost jump everywhere which is fun.

Story is nothing spectacular, but then neither was BL2's, so there ya go.

What gets under the skin of most Borderland fanatics is the lack of a viable endgame. Some legendaries are locked to specific bosses that you can't fight again. In fact, if I remember right, a lot of the bosses are one time only, whereas in BL2 you could fight them again and again.

BL2 had lots of raid bosses and extra content in the form of DLC. Despite how you might feel about DLC, the content was there, in BL2. Pre-Sequel is very lacking in that regard. The Claptrap DLC is surprisingly good and interesting, but it's a Lemonhead in a bowl of piss.

Still, if you liked BL2, and especially if you have some bros to bro-op with, then Pre-Sequel is a good get.

>>333864430
It helps, but it's not necessary. A few mainstays of the series pop up in Tales, and playing the previous games helps to "feel" something for them, but you'll understand almost immediately who they are and what they're about even if you haven't played the FPS games.

Much of the game's story is about filling in the blanks the other games didn't address and also setting its own story running parallel to the other games'. There's not much intersection between them all so you will likely not get confused by what's going on. Still, some moments are more meaningful if you've played the previous titles.
>>
Setting aside where you think the Borderlands series are going and how pretty good she is at fighting, can we all agree Gaige is a dated, meme-spouting, loud, annoying, shit tier Waifu who was needlessly made a fight-the-power Anarchist looking back?
>>
>>333871848
jack is my borderlands waifu
>>
File: bestbou.jpg (468 KB, 900x1160) Image search: [Google]
bestbou.jpg
468 KB, 900x1160
>>333872148
> not wanting Timothy to cuddle you
>>
>>333870364
'Come get some.'
>>
>>333871848

No. Gaige is probably the only bright ray of sunshine in an otherwise abysmally dim cast of boring retards and token diversity hires. Out of every playable character she's the only one with a skillset both fun and interesting.
>>
File: Athena_&_Wilhelm_Illustration.png (911 KB, 1024x697) Image search: [Google]
Athena_&_Wilhelm_Illustration.png
911 KB, 1024x697
>>333863085
there is plenty of of sjw bullshit.

That "colonialism is bad" joke didn't work and they repeat it.

But there is enough one-liners to keep the game going.
>>
>>333863085

Actual gameplay is fine. O2 boosting gives good manuverability. Lasers are even useful sometimes.

Actual ability to "enjoy" it hits a wall pretty quick though. Too many areas are boring, look exactly the same, and don't have much to explore or poke into, so replayability is practically nil.

Not because you can't play it again, but just because you don't fucking want to do all this sameface shit a second time.
>>
File: 270148-duke_nukem_004_1_ (1).jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
270148-duke_nukem_004_1_ (1).jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>333872592
You rang?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.