[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Heroes-of-the-Storm-Banner.jpg (232 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
Heroes-of-the-Storm-Banner.jpg
232 KB, 1200x628
What went right?
>>
>>333861620
You can play some Blizzard heroes.

Personally, only tried it for Anub and Arthas, had my fair share of fun even when anubs beetle AI was still SHIT with it but in the end... its just another MOBA with shitty teammates.
And that would have been fine, if Blizzard could stop listening to the community with their retarded ESPORTZ mentality
>>
What went wrong?
>>
>>333861620
>>333862205
this
>>
>>333862205
Legitimately nothing.
>>
>>333861620
Legitimately nothing.
>>
>>333861620
Legitimately nothing.
>>
It's a much more laid back ASSFAGGOT with some unique heroes. I like that they're making heroes with gimmicks rather than one's with just copy pasted generic abilities like LoL.
>>
>>333861620
>Unique heroes with interesting builds
>No items & personal exp shenanigans
>Map variety
That's about it, still a mediocre game
>>
Nothing? It's a massive flop and doesn't even touch LoL and DotA in market share.

Overwatch will be an even bigger flop. The Blizzard we knew is dead.
>>
I think MOBAS are inherently flawed, that's why so many people hate it.
>>
>>333862872
>Overwatch will be an even bigger flop
lol they have put millions into the cinematics to advertise it, keep reaming
>>
>>333862872
>LotV, a game that competed with Fallout 4 with little to no advertising sold more than 1 million copies the first 24 hours it went on sale
>Thinking anything Blizzard makes is going to flop
Is that why the prize pool for Heroes of the Dorm keeps growing every year? Because it's a failure?
>>
Mediocre as it is, because let's face it - it's a MOBA, I've got to give it credit for the map variety and pacing of the games. The whole idea of a laning phase is the stupidest shit. HOTS gets you right into action and objectives much quicker than what you see out of a game of League.

It might be a more casual game, but this is one case where I appreciate that because the things that make the alternatives more challenging (or whatever you want to call them) aren't all necessarily enjoyable.

Either way, despite my preference for this above its alternatives, MOBAs are gay and I don't ever play this more than once in a blue moon.
>>
>>333861620
This shit is a flop

The map objectives are too hard to learn and master, and these matter more than your build or skill with your hero. It's not rewarding to the player on an individual level, and you can almost never get teammates to cooperate and gain objectives (though that last part is just typical moba behavior)
>>
>>333861620
The problem I have with HotS is theres no sense of self worth. I'm only as strong as my team. This pretty much causes insane rubber banding. If I'm doing well and my team is shit then I'm held down and beaten by the enemy because of my teams mistakes.
>>
>>333862872
I don't get the Blizzard hate, they make fun games
>Inb4 shill
Been playing sc2 and D3 season 5 like crazy. Excited for Overwatch and Hots is getting bigger every year because it isn't a lol clone
>>
>>333861620
You don't have to re-buy items every single match.
>>
>>333863323
>The map objectives are too hard to learn and master
Stop baiting.
Shit isnt even activating randomly, THAT would be hard, you always have the same objectives in a row to cap
>>
>>333863404
>I'm only as strong as my team.
Play Zagara. If the havent nerfed which they should
>>
literally nothing
>>
Abathur was the only fun hero but people got really upset in lobby whenever I picked him so I stopped playing.
>>
Lili is perfect
>>
>>333861620
Uh...

Did they actually do anything right with this game?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.