[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still play aoe2? We used to have a good community back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: aoe2.jpg (125 KB, 1028x1024) Image search: [Google]
aoe2.jpg
125 KB, 1028x1024
Anyone still play aoe2? We used to have a good community back in the day.

Is it just me or did Steam kill the game? I can never find games being hosted. Do I have to buy the expansions to find multiplayer games now?

I don't want to waste money if the community is dead entirely.
>>
Also are the new civs any good? Or a money grab?
>>
File: 1451605425674.jpg (567 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451605425674.jpg
567 KB, 800x1024
HOL UP

who the fuck plays this on steam? literially just google one of two online services you can use
>>
>>333847764
I used to play in our IRC channel, and when that died I went to Gameranger but got sick of retarded Mexicans. I figured Steam might bring the community back but there were literally no games hosted last night.

What services do you use?
>>
>>333846796
>Is it just me or did Steam kill the game?
Huh, no, most of the games are hosted rather on the night
I play on Steam everyday and we frecuently get games going on

Mind you, Voobly is a bigger plataform for AoE2, thousands of players and hundreds of games constantly going on, but I like the HD version on Steam, I like the new 2 expansions, tho there is still a lot of imbalances to be dealt with

>I don't want to waste money if the community is dead entirely.
With that attitude you shouldnt put money or time on this game, at all.

>>333847178
Some of them are underpowered
Some of them are currently overpowered
Some of them are just fine

Define 'money grab'

>>333848093
I just played on Steam last night, and got plenty of games going on
Are you sure you don't have any setting modified?
>>
>>333847178

they are irrelevant compared to the meta civs like aztecs and huns
>>
>>333848537
Well, I remember when I was really excited when AoE2 was announced for Steam and I spent $20 on it despite having a Gameranger account and it was a buggy unplayable piece of shit for months. So I'd rather not waste any more money.

Maybe I can't find any games because I don't own the expansions? Is that a possibility? My search settings were on default.
>>
>>333848830
italians are hella fun

>POOPOPOPOPOPOW BOOM
>POPOPOPOPOPOPOW BOOM
>CORRO
>POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOW BOOM

CAVALRY?
LOL INSTAKILL THE CAVALRY WITH ARCHERS
>>
For example I'm searching now and there are no games displayed. Maybe my settings are fucked up, no idea what's going on.
>>
>>333848946
especially with a turks, spanish and portoguese team
mmh these po-pow boom boom we playing aoe3 on aoe2 lel
>>
>>333848863
The devs got somewhat their shit together and they end getting a rid of all bugs on the Forgotten

Then African Expansion happened
It wasnt THAT buggy as it's previous expansion, and the devs, again, fixed most of it, but there are still a few pesky bugs there and here, but at least is not game breaking.

You dont have the african kingdoms?
Well that could be your problem.

But then again, I don't think you should put any money on it
Just stick with vanilla and play on Voobly

>>333848997
I doubt there are many games being hosted right now, I'm not im my main computer right now, but either unfuck your browsing settings and wait for the night
>>
>>333848830
>Irrelevant
So you didn't play the expansions at all
Huns got really nerfed

And the african civs can easily shit on a Hun.
Aztecs were left almost untouched, tho.

And it's not like Huns are hard to play anyways...
Honestly they are a terrible civ.
>>
>>333848946
Italians are underpowered in my opinion

Sure, genovesse crossbowmen can ROLFstomp cavalry, but they are still archers, meaning a knight can 1vs1 a genovesse crossbowman

I always meatshield my genovesse with pikemen

Also Italians late game is kind of underwhelming too.
What's the point of having cheap bombard cannons if you dont have siege engineers?

Heavily armored archers is really nice, tho
I like that
>>
>>333846796
If you play on Voobly you will find the game is still active. The only thing is a lot of the baddies moved on along time ago. That means you will be forced to play with tryhard metafags who play 1v1 Arabia, conquest victory only.
>>
>>333850118
>tryhard metafags who play 1v1 Arabia, conquest victory only.
We still got plenty of them here on Steam too, and I really despite them

Not because they are necessarily 'bad players', but because if you push them out of their 'comfort zone', they will start to complain and bitch about it, and then leaving your game.
'Have fun with your empty game'

Lucky for me, I got a bunch of buddies I can play everynight
We mostly play 3vs3, 4vs4, normal or fast speed (mostly fast speed), Random Land Map, Random-civs-not-enforced
>>
bemp
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.