[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, it's time to vote again. Yesterday votes were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16
File: Bossranks.png (147 KB, 1292x1800) Image search: [Google]
Bossranks.png
147 KB, 1292x1800
Alright, it's time to vote again. Yesterday votes were cast for the best Soulsborne boss, and now it's time to vote again. All the bosses who got no votes were eliminated.

Here are the current standings.

Vote here.
>Demon's Souls
http://strawpoll.me/7335865
>Dark Souls
http://strawpoll.me/7335888
>Dark Souls II
http://strawpoll.me/7335933
>Bloodborne
http://strawpoll.me/7335954

Ideally you only vote for one, but picking one from all four games is acceptable for now, until the list can be narrowed down to just 30 candidates.
>>
File: Doran.jpg (7 KB, 122x119) Image search: [Google]
Doran.jpg
7 KB, 122x119
Bump. Threads are so hard to keep alive when you don't start with bait.
>>
Can I even bump my own thread? Is that not a thing anymore?
>>
Artorias is a shit boss. I don't know why people like him.
>>
File: DS2 covenants.jpg (163 KB, 1025x1023) Image search: [Google]
DS2 covenants.jpg
163 KB, 1025x1023
Have a bump
>>
>>333847372
This honestly. It was a cool idea and he had an awesome weapon and armor but the fight was just trash.
>>
>>333845795
>looking glass knight
>better than orphan of kos
pls fix
>>
>>333847768
I'm sure there are plenty of troll voters, and uninformed voters. Just look at True King Allant. I'm sure, or at least, I hope those people were trying to vote for the False King.

Also someone voted for Bed of Chaos. So yeah.
>>
>>333845795

Pic related is a pretty decent ranking, I'm impressed /v/.

The only thing that suprised me is Maiden Aestrea and True King Allant being so high. They're a cool bosses story-wise but gameplay-wise it's nothing special (especially the king).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
>>
This thread needs more shitposters. Threads can't survive without a healthy amount of shitposters.

Speaking of which, why on earth is Bloodborne even on here? No one played that shit.
>>
>>333847515
I'm going to be fun policing the shit out of Dark Souls 3. I will purge you filthy sinners.
>>
>>333848285
>PVPing in a Souls game
Despite what From would like to think, or like to have you think, these games are not made for PVP at all. The PVP sucks major dick in every one.
>>
Speaking of Souls games, I'm kind of surprised, IGN actually made a competent video summing up the series so far. They should have mentioned how the DaS II DLC changed the ending by giving you hope that the cycle could be broken, but oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usaJqeL9o4M
>>
>>333848453
I'm not even that keen on the PVP, but I still get a kick out of doing it from time to time.
>>
Good to see Ludwig getting some respect. I'm pretty sure the only reason he's not #1 is because Bloodborne isn't on PC. He's hands down the best fight in the whole series. Shit, even Kos is better than O&S and Artorias. He also has the best theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
Bump.

Fucking he'll this thread just won't stay alive.
>>
Page 10 here we come.
>>
>>333845795
Can someone explain the popularity of Flamelurker to me? I didn't have a single problem fighting him during that fight,
>>
>>333851521
Most people who fought him did so when Demon's Souls was new, and they weren't as skilled as they are now. Back then, he was the "shit just got real" boss.
>>
>>333845795
>all those PCkeks voting against BB out of spite

ludwig should be #1
>>
>>333851758
>>333851521
And this left an impression on a lot of people. I still remember my flamelurker fights, and there were a lot.
>>
Voted for freya. Still think about that one sometimes.
>>
>>333852428
Freya was shit though.
>>
bumped and voted
>>
File: 1410696601552.png (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1410696601552.png
69 KB, 1920x1080
>>333847768
The overall rating will get screwed because wayyy more people have played DS1 than any of the others. It has the overall 1&2 spots, so don't get your panties in a bunch about that. Plus BB has the smallest population being limited to 1 console and being out the shortest amount of time.
>>
>>333853609
I realize this, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that.

Personally I think if they all had equal sized fanbases Ludwig would be winning, and his numbers (third with the smallest fanbase) supports that.
>>
File: 1452912585168.gif (538 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
1452912585168.gif
538 KB, 245x320
>>333845795
>Darklurker that low
>The best boss fight in DaS2
How shit taste do you have to have to put him under Alone and Fume
Yea they are cool and all but they are just Atorias 2.0 and 3.0
>>
>>333853718
>>333853609
Also he's getting around 50% of all Bloodborne votes, so as far as per game ratios go, he's winning.

>>333853774
Yeah, but people here love Artorias, so, even though that's mostly true, it makes sense when you think about it.
>>
Why is Fume Knight up there at all? The boss is alright, but it doesn't belong in top 10, let alone top 3.
I voted for O&S and Ludwig.
>>
>>333853774
I'd imagine there are a lot of people who havn't even fought Darklurker
>>
File: 1457494010349.jpg (61 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1457494010349.jpg
61 KB, 550x400
People unironically voting for Lady Maria as the best BB boss
>>
>>333854427
I'm sure a lot of people are voting for their waifu.
>>
>People actually voting for Sinh.
He's horrible, like, fucking horrible to fight. He's always on the other side of the arena.

Always.
>>
File: supliches.jpg (17 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
supliches.jpg
17 KB, 209x241
>>333853774
the 1-on-1 with a similarly sized opponent with similar strength and moveset is very appealing to fight. It feels more like you're fighting an actual enemy than a boss.

Like the final Vergil fight in DMC 3, it's hype and I think more thought is involved for the guy fighting.

Old Iron King, as an example, always felt like more of a puzzle than anything else because of the way he was interacted with.
>>
I voted for Ludwig, because I think it's the best "epic" boss fight in Souls.
But I also wanted to vote for Gehrman as the best "story" boss.
>>
>>333854391
>Hear how cool Darklurker is
>Bored
>Right, it's time to traverse the Dark
>First Dark area
>Fucking ledges
>NPC phantoms with more health than dicks I have sucked that instagib you if they hit
>Phantom xxxCUNT_DESTROYERxxx has invaded

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>333854391
Fuck Darklurker
>>
>>333845795
I hate these threads you would need to make the votes for a week and not only a single thread
>>
>>333854965
Always have poison arrows in DSII
Poison arrows work for everything.
>>
>>333855190
The voting will continue later, with those getting the least vote being eliminated every time. It's not a one thread thing.
>>
>>333855248
Oh, I had a plenty. I just couldn't have been arsed to even try, after the bullshit that are DLCs.

I mean, why the fuck are people even praising them?
>Barebones lore/theme even for a Souls game
>Ivory and Old Iron King have uninspired, tedious level design
>Packs upon packs of health sponge enemies
>A good boss once in a while, but atrocities like the Gank Squad and Squalid Queen exist
>No really cool loot
>>
One of my biggest problems with Dark Souls II is that some of the bosses have the worst fucking slog to get to, the path to Sir Alonne and the Chasm of the Abyss are fucking LOATHESOME
>>
I went for Astrea, Kalameet, Darklurker, Ebretias.

I can't believe Queen Yharnam has already gone.

If you include DLC, DS 2 had some fucking brilliant bosses.
>>
Where is Priscilla?
>>
>>333855686
>DeS
False King
>DaS
Artorias but desu, now I am replaying the game and can't find a single boss that remains fun or interesting, unlike DeS/BB or even some bosses in DaS2
>DaS2
Ruin Sentinels
>BB
Gehrman

Overall I think that DeS and BB have the best bosses, even though they are "easier" than DaS bosses. Can't wait for DaS3 tomorrow
>>
>>333855686
I didn't include any of the Chalice Dungeon bosses because I figured I would have to include all of them then, and there's just too many, but I suppose I should have put her in there. Kinda late now though.

>>333855891
She got no votes in the last round of voting, and was eliminated. I'm eliminating all the ones who receive no votes until I get 30 or less to put on one list.
>>
File: right on it.webm (91 KB, 324x284) Image search: [Google]
right on it.webm
91 KB, 324x284
>>333853774
Fucking this

Darklurker is not only fun to get too but also set you up agains a boss that purely use magic as a meens to attack and mixes up his attacks so they aren't easly predictable but still fair.

He is also the only boss that goes form 1on 1 to 2 on 1 if i remember corret
It was the best feeling in the world when you defeted that INTfag overlord as a STR user
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
>>333855891
Right here
>>
Which one of you memers voted for the Congregation?
>>
>Soulsborne

Why do you people insist on using this retarded fucking name.

Do you refer to the Alien series as "Promaliens?"
>>
>>333856196
Probably the same people who voted for the Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>333856070
Fuck me. I just realized that I forgot to put Maria on the BB page.
>>
>>333856368
No big loss, Maria is just a poor man's Doll
>>
File: 1460209624820.jpg (11 KB, 261x196) Image search: [Google]
1460209624820.jpg
11 KB, 261x196
>>333856191
>>
>>333856463
I'm making a poll where people can vote just for her. Kinda fucks with the votes, but she was in the overall top 10, so she needs to be on there somewhere. Even though people who already voted for BB can vote again, I guess it works because of how late this poll was made.

Vote for Maria here, if you think she's the best.
http://strawpoll.me/7337605
>>
>>333856259
>you will never take an alien to prom
>>
>>333856053

I've recently completed DeS again.

I didn't like the majority of bosses. The final 4 bosses for 2-5 we're all gimmicks, and I only enjoyed Astrea from those. Old Monk is hit and miss.

Flamelurker, penetrator (when the NPC didn't one shot him), and the two defilement bosses were good. Allant was a great boss. But besides that the rest wasn't great.

My hardest boss fights have probably been in Bloodborne. Defiled Amygdala and Ebratias was extremely difficult.
>>
>>333857571
The problem with DaS and to a lesser extent DaS 2 is that most of the bosses are trivialised to the point of being laughable by a good shield. This, obviously, is not a problem in BB where parrying takes on this role.
>>
File: tumblr_o1o4xyQNVg1r0maa4o1_250.jpg (15 KB, 220x261) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1o4xyQNVg1r0maa4o1_250.jpg
15 KB, 220x261
>>333856151
>Darklurker is not only fun to get to
wrong
>the only boss that goes from 1 on 1 to 1 on 2
wrong

shut your fucking idiotic face.
>>
File: you seem mad.gif (505 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
you seem mad.gif
505 KB, 400x406
>>333858340
What's wrong faggot?
Not enough summons to hold your hand while fighting a boss?
>>
>>333858786
>le u mad ;^)
Nice response, upvoted.

I have literally no idea where your sick line about summons came from because you can't summon in the Dark. Also, DL is not the only boss to transition from 1v1 to 1vX - the KOTS in the Ivory King, Ruin Sentinels and, arguably, Twin Dragonriders do that.
>>
>>333859183
Bell Gargs, twin pursuers too you may consider, skeleton committee too.
>>
File: 1457228980201.png (345 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1457228980201.png
345 KB, 579x570
>>333859183
>You are so fucking stupid that sarcasm is wasted on you
>the KOTS in the Ivory King, Ruin Sentinels and, arguably, Twin Dragonriders do that.
All of thease start from 2v1 at least you fucking retard.

>Tumblr pic
>>
>>333860010
not the cats and not the ruin sentinels.
>>
Who /centipededemon/ here?
>>
>>333860365
it's astounding how bad all of the bosses heading to and including BoC were.
>>
>>333860090
Yea because you tally didn't just jump down on the floor below in the ruind sentinals fight first time right?
>the cats
I will giv you that one
>>
>Bed of Chaos got 10 votes
What?
>>
>>333845795
This pic is very accurate Artorias is the best. I'm glad /v/ agrees.
>>
>>333862368
Ludwig is the best, and his percentage reflects that. The only reason he's 3 and not 1 is because Bloodborne isn't on PC.
>>
>>333862695
Cry more, beast lover.
>>
>>333862859
Just stating the facts. Artorias is just a really standard boss with nothing particularly special about him, except that he got a DLC in his name and has a giant wolf pet. None of things people love about him have anything to do with his fight really.
>>
>>333863071
You can't really think that.

>Artorias is just a really standard boss with nothing particularly special about him
Maybe now but not when he first came out. There wasn't anything like him except maybe Penetrator in theme or Flamelurker in adrenaline.

He was the first crazy, flippy, spectacle fight and was very memorable regardless the difficulty. Outrolling his attacks without a shield is still one of the most fun things in the series. The moveset is just right. All others after him just try to copy that style of boss: Alonne, Fume Knight, maybe even Burnt Ivory King, but even then the original is the best.

What so special about Lidwig, except that he was a tough boss and pioneered boss stages? All he did was spawn a meme and make fanboys think they were tough for beating him. Worst part is: he's fucking UGLYand grotesque
>>
>>333864481
>Pioneered boss stages
Dark Souls 2 started that with Fume Knight, and almost every other boss in vanilla Bloodborne do it
Might even go earlier than Fume Knight desu senpai

Orphan is the better Bloodborne fight
>>
>>333864806
>Dark Souls 2 started that with Fume Knight
I mean the full on cutscene intermission designed to surprise the player. They evolved it further with DaS 3 giving a new lifebar. Now that I think about it Ornstein and Smough are kind off like that so nevermind then. Well that is one less cool think about Ludwid then.

Where does he get his blade by the way? In the first cutscene it is shown that he has a blade strapped to his back. Then at half health he falls to the ground the blade falls from his back and activates in moon form?
>>
>>333864481
Ludwig is more intense when it comes to dodging, has a better soundtrack, and has better pacing as far as the battle goes. I don't usually like second stages, but fighting him with the Moonlight greatsword was amazing.

False Allant also did all that shit before Artorias, and so did Gwyn. People say he's easy because he can be parried, which might be true if you're good at parrying, but he's still generally more fun to fight, and a much more awe inspiring fight.

Artorias is just one of those bosses where you have to memorize his moveset to fight him without a shield because he has a lot of very short telegraphs. I suppose people who like memorizing enjoy that, but I prefer bosses where if you have a sharp eye you can dodge everything on the first attempt.

There's also not really any strategy other than "dodge and attack". O and S is a fight that involves strategy and planning, and a lot of other boss fights involve strategy in terms of where you will attack, how far you will stand to bait attacks, what kind of offence you will use, etc. Artorias is pretty much just "dodge to the side, attack when you can"
>>
>>333864806
Orphan's first form yes
Second form no

Second form is bullshit. He never stops moving, and his attacks sweep so much that it becomes a game of luck at that point. You can dodge perfectly, but you might just get hit anyway because he's spinning in a weird circle and his attack is covering him in a 360 degree area for multiple seconds.
>>
>>333866183
I'll give you the soundtrack but I never thought False Allant was like Artorias. His attacks are a bit too quick for me to dodge except the telegraphed ones.

I think Artorias is the best "duel" type boss in the series that got it just right. They tried furthering the concept of a outright "duel" with Alonne but it wasn't the same.
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg (59 KB, 400x624) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
59 KB, 400x624
>>333848257
>no one played Bloodborne
>>
>>333866913
Father Gascoigne and Maria are both better duels.

I wouldn't call it a duel at all since his moveset is so vastly different than a normal player. Again, he's just like any other boss. Gywn had a more "human" moveset than Artorias that made him more duel-like. Artorias just felt like another giant human with a big sword (which, granted, is exactly what Gwyn is too, but despite thinking Gwyn is better than Artorias, he still isn't my favorite.)
>>
>>333866913
False Allant's attacks are all dodge-able, as I recall. He's pretty tough but I feel that most of his attacks are actually telegraphed well enough that you can dodge them all.
>>
>>333867374
OP here. I made that post, and I'm playing Bloodborne right now. I made it because, as the post says, threads don't get replies without shitposts anymore, so I just started making a couple here and there to bring angry people in. I also made another thread where I called all the souls games shit (clear bait) and it got SIGNIFICANTLY more replies than this thread.
>>
>>333867506
What I mean is that he was the first boss that I felt like I was being directly challenged, like the devs were saying: only dodge, beat him using a greatsword and then try and claim you defeated "The Greatest Greasword Wielder" of all time even though he is a shadow of his former self.

Even if other bosses were fast or intense in the past I never felt it like that, except maybe Flamelurker but there is that sense that you are fighting an equal that outclasses you and not an overpowered being. I didn't feel it the same way with other bosses before but that is just me.

Plus Artorias had this aura of being the Superman of his universe and supposedly being on your team well not literally but someone who you shouldn't be fighting but were put there due to circumstances with the task of moving forward and only option being having to best him. Other bosses I didn't feel that direct challenge.

Then I felt they began trying to copy that concept: Equal but outclassing you - more and more: Fume, Alonne, Ivory, Gascoigne, Maria etc. I might be forgetting a few.
>>
>>333867701
My problem is that if I miss one of his quick succession ones that are really fast and aggressive I get stunlocked because "lol No poise hasn't been invented yet sorry" and then die because I roll low HP builds.

While Artorias in design I could survive a hit even on NG+4 with 20 Vigor so if I made a mistake I would still be in the game.

That is why I never considered Allant to be like Artorias since the fight is more harrowing where Artorias is more on equal grounds. Not to mention Allant is such a spectacle.
>>
>>333868583
So, basically, he has some aura about him that made you respect him for some reason, and out of that respect you decided to do it as a challenge and had more fun. Got it.

A vast number of other bosses were exactly the same in terms of challenge if you didn't use a shield.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be your favorite, but everything you've said about him is just "He's my favorite because I really like the way his character is portrayed". There's not really much to be said about the actual fight because, like I said, it's a standard boss fight that doesn't really have anything special. He's not as fast as a good number of the other bosses, he doesn't hit as hard as a good number of other bosses, he doesn't really have any strategies like a number of other bosses, his fight is kind of just... standard. It's not bad by any means, but there's nothing noteworthy about it.

If he was "Random Knight" and had no backstory, he would get as much recognition as the Penetrator, I guarantee it.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 480x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 480x349
I still don't understand how you faggots managed to NOT vote for Priscilla.
>>
>>333869051
>While Artorias in design I could survive a hit even on NG+4 with 20 Vigor
To elaborate on this I mean that Artorias' design is that he hits and backs off while other bosses before him, like Flamelurker, Allant, Gwyn if you made a mistake and got hit and even stunlocked you would be dead, while Artorias is more of a duel where you exchainge blows and are fighting a war of attrition, but you have to have a character on the low HP side to feel it.
Penetrator is maybe like that but he is very punishing too so I'm not sure you can exchange blows if he stunlocks you.

>Not to mention Allant is such a spectacle.
I mean: Not to mention Alland isn't such a spectacle.

>>333868006
Usually threads with fewer posters are better anyway because you can get actual discussion rather than trolling and baiting.
>>
>>333870031
Who actually likes fighting shit you can't see though?
>>
>>333870036
>Usually threads with fewer posters are better anyway because you can get actual discussion rather than trolling and baiting.

True, but I had to save this thread like 4 times from page 10 by bumping from my phone using my LTE connection so it would be a different IP.

Low poster threads are fine once they get going.
>>
>>333870246
Yeah, true. I'll be going too in a bit. It was fun posting with you guys.

I made these polls some time ago. If you want you can use them too in your threads. Usually they have enough shitposting potential to get the ball rolling.

Best Souls game
http://strawpoll.me/6799417/r
Souls games played
http://strawpoll.me/6799456/r
First Souls game
http://strawpoll.me/6799430/r
>>
>>333869672
Yes, I'm a major Artorias cocksucker. I know that for many reasons other bosses could be the best but I'm biases.

>he would get as much recognition as the Penetrator, I guarantee it.
Penetrator is my favorite boss from Demon's and that is because of Artorias so there's that too.
>>
>>333845795

>Vicar Amelia being that low

Chart sucks. Poll sucks. Disregarded
>>
>>333871328
Well Penetrator isn't a bad boss either, far from it, he's a good boss fight, just like Artorias, but no one really cares much about Penetrator, as shown, among other things, by this poll.

I would say that in the grand scheme of things, Artorias deserves to be in the top 10 bosses, but certainly not number 1.
>>
>>333870031
shitty model, shitty fight, shitty map and shitty arena
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.