[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup xbros? Looking to increase my xbox library, just not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 563456634634.jpg (54 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
563456634634.jpg
54 KB, 354x500
Sup xbros? Looking to increase my xbox library, just not sure which games to get.

I've got:

>Pic related
>DOAU 1
>DOAU 2
>DOA 3
>Fatal Frame
>Fatal Frame 2
>Silent Hill 2
>SVC VS Chaos
>Genma Onimusha
>Halo 2
>Shenmue 2
>>
Nice collection.

Get Otogi Myth of Demons, it's one of From's best games. Panzer Dragoon Orta is also pretty good.
>>
>>333834084
Both of these, get both Otogi games.

Also, get Phantom Dust. No online but the single player is not bad and the plot wasn't completely terrible
>>
>>333834084
>>333834232

>Otogi is by From

That's pretty surprising. Will get.

Also I forgot about Panzer, thanks for the reminder.

I'm also shocked that there's a Toe Jam and Earl 3, jesus.

Is Phantom Dust worth getting or is there even a slim chance that the remake for xbone would get done?
>>
>>333834232

Oh shit, I forgot they made a second Otogi game. I never did get around to playing that one. Was it as good as the first one?
>>
>>333834232
>No online
this isn't much of a con anymore
>>
>>333834398
>Was it as good as the first one?
it forced you to play as a bunch of other characters i didn't want to play as so i never beat it
>>
Steel Battalion
Gunvalkyire
JSRF
Blinx 1 and 2

Also, mod your console if you haven't done so already so you can get Metal Wolf Chaos at non scalper prices.

>>333834361
Get it.
>>
Ghost Recon 2
Metal Arms
Freedom Fucking Fighters
Mercenaries
Brothers in Arms
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Chronicles of Riddick
Fable TLC
Crimson Skies
Jade Empire
Spartan Total Warrior
Timespitters 2, Future Perfect
>>
>>333835906

>Freedom Fucking Fighters

My nigger

great game, great fucking music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysy2UAKjrQE&list=PL7F943EF2264CE268&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7ZW-Rh_Wo&list=PL7F943EF2264CE268&index=3
>>
The Xbox has zero exclusives worth owning.
>>
File: steel battalion controller.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
steel battalion controller.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
>>333835347

>Steel Battalion

Fuck, do I regret not getting that game. I wonder how much it goes for now?
>>
>>333833607
>DOAU2
One of my favourite 3D fighting games. You're list is more or less solid and the anons have some good recommendations. There's also Timesplitters if you don't have it on PS2.
>>
Conker
Halo
Fable
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Shenmue II
Jet Set Radioooo F
Phantom Dust
Doa3
Hitman 2
Tenchu
Splintercell 1
Kingdom underfire 1 & 2
>>
DOAXBV

it's actually good and not complete ass like the one that just came out
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Finalizing my Xbox collection as we speak. I'm still going to get Otogi 2, and perhaps the other Kingdom Under Fire game if I like Heroes.
>>
Call of Cthulhu is a solid horror game, though not as good as Fatal Frame. Metal Arms is fantastic too if you don't already own it on other systems, and GunValkyrie is maybe the best ever TPS.
>>
>>333833607
Unreal Championship 2
>>
>>333836907
Unless you didn't like the first for whatever reason, you need Project Zero 2. It's a fantastic sequel.
>>
>>333837128
I was planning to get the Wii remake.
>>
>>333837278
Don't
>>
>>333837347
Why?
>>
>>333833607
Mechassault 2 is a great one
>>
>>333836506

200-300 bucks. + like 60 shipping on eBay

Try and find it locally. I have a copy. I was ready to buy a second one to do multiplayer with a friend.

To say it has a learning curve is an understatement. It's easily one of the most hardcore modern games around. If you don't eject from your VT while it's blowing up, your save file gets deleted.
>>
>>333836907
Nice collection. I would add the first three splinter cells if you like stealth games
>>
>>333835347
>Gunvalkyire
>those fucking abysmal controls
completely unplayable

i don't see how people praise this game for its movement when not only is JUMP NOT "A," "A" literally doesn't do anything so there's no fucking reason
>>
You fucking niggers haven't even mentioned SNEAK KING
>>
>>333837546
The dev wanted to actually put the eject button behind a glass panel, so that you'd have to break it by punching it hard.

That idea obviously was not approved by the higher ups.
>>
File: Otogi_weapon_moonlightsword.jpg (17 KB, 132x286) Image search: [Google]
Otogi_weapon_moonlightsword.jpg
17 KB, 132x286
>>333834361
>That's pretty surprising
The first time I played Demon's Souls I instantly got an Otogi vibe and got pissed that they clearly ripped it off. Until I looked it up lol

The moonlight greatsword is even straight from Otogi
>>
To anyone who has played Steel Battalions, are the controls a gimmick that could've been put on a pad or do they actually need the peripheral?
>>
File: Breakdowncover.jpg (43 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Breakdowncover.jpg
43 KB, 256x365
And oh yeah, motherfucking Breakdown.
>>
>>333837560
I try to avoid games with PC ports as much as possible.
>>
>>333837969
>moonlight sword straight from otogi

It's not from Otogi you dumbass. It's from Kings Field, and it basically is an easter egg in every FROM game.
>>
>>333837969

It's in a lot of From games, I believe it started with King's Field.

The one from Otogi is definitely my favorite one though, so fucking overpowered.
>>
>>333837970

It's kinda both.

You have the pedals for moving forward, gear shifting, and a brake. Your control sticks basically pan left to right and one of them controls your aiming reticle. A lot of the switches and such are for things like fire suppression systems.

The whole thing is meant to be a simulator for actually piloting a mech so yes, it's going to seem gimmicky, but the entire game is based around the controller. It would be kind of a shit game if it didn't use it.
>>
>>333838405
Well it's in Otogi and then in Demon's Souls, so "from Otogi" isn't wrong.

you dumbass.
>>
GOAT desu senpai
>>
>>333839103
it's like a garage sale of gameplay ideas. not good desu.
>>
Really nice, get mechassault 1 and 2
>>
>>333839103
HOLY SHIT, THANK YOU!!!!

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT THIS FUCKING GAME WAS FOR FUCKING YEARSSSSS!!!

I JUST GOOGLED IT AND ONCE I SAW THE HUD I WAS LIKE, HOLYYYYY SHITTTTT!!!!
>>
>>333839103
At least the soundtrack is good
>>
Red Dead Revolver, along with everything else in here
>>
>>333834232
> No online but the single player
You can set onlinethrough XLink Kai.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.