[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain objectively why Clear Sky "sucked"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: STALKER_Clear_Sky.jpg (44 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
STALKER_Clear_Sky.jpg
44 KB, 256x364
Can someone explain objectively why Clear Sky "sucked" in the context of the STALKER series?
I honestly believe people who say this is bad are just echoing what faggot journalists say and haven't actually played it. It really isn't that bad.
>>
taking territories is broken
i cleared out the bandit camp multiple times and no one ever came to claim it
the moment i stepped out, all the bandits repawned
this has happened on 3 playthroughs
it is also the most likely of the trilogy to crash

other than that, it's pretty great,
though i'd have prefered if they cut out the middle section that reuses territories from SoC.
a smaller, more focused game would have allowed them to polish the new areas even further
overall a 7/10
>>
Buggy release and not as good design as the two other games.
>>
Most buggy and mostly centered around faction wars.

Maps and graphics are the best in the series.
>>
After you get used to killing bloodsuckers on their way to you, Clear Sky is a gnarly surprise
>>
am i the only one that likes to play "fuck ereybody" mode and just clear out ever camp I come across
nothing as satisfying as killing all of duty alone, then walking down the road and killing everyone at freedome
>>
I enjoyed it. The first few missions in the swamp where all anyone had were shitty sawn-offs and pistols is one of my favorite parts of the series. Something about it felt almost like a western with all the close range firefights and basically just being another grunt in a turf war, rollin' up on bandits with the squad and blasting some leather clad bitches. Having bases and territories get secured only to have them taken back by bandits made it fun to replay too. Honestly I wish more of the game felt like that. I liked the idea of being sorta a soldier working with a faction with a bunch of NPC brother-in-arms.
Like another anon said, it was buggy as fuck though. Still had fun.
>>
>>333833167
the fact that all hostile parties were marked on the map really killed alot of the tense atmosphere that made STALKER as great as it is
>>
>>333834525
CoP had this too but people dick ride CoP
>>
>>333834796
You're thinking about the wrong thing. You're thinking of something even SoC had.
>>
>>333834909
What? In your PDA all packs of mobs are marked on the map in CS, CoP no?
>>
>>333835146
I don't think it's in CoP.
>>
>>333835146
only nuetrals and friendlies are marked on your map in CoP. in CS you could open your pda and know where every bandit and mutant mob was across the entire game map
>>
>>333833167

All hostiles being marked on the map, paired with buggy AI that would refuse to capture areas that you had cleared out certianly didnt do it any favors.
>>
>>333834909
You might be confusing it with the minimap's enemy indicator, which is present in all three games.
>>
>>333835947
That's what I've been trying to say.
>>
>>333836116
Whoops, I might've quoted the wrong guy.
Fuck it
>>
Faction war is broken
The game was buggy as fuck when it came out

It's a good game but it was just unplayable when it came out, i never had a single problem with vainilla soc besides some minor crash, maybe i was very lucky but with clear sky i had to restart 4 times because i had gotten a bugtrap in my save and the whole thing gets corrupted

Also, maps are amazing but extremely linear, i loved the deserted hospital but it's literally a hallway with enemies and limansk is lame as fuck. Red forest is still the best red forest in the series imo
>>
>>333833167
People itt are forgetting the guns were pretty much broken. Bullets would just disappear or they would would fall to the floor 10 feet in front of you. Until you got late game guns everything was broken.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.