[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gentlemen, how do we save pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: eso.jpg (242 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
242 KB, 1500x1500
Gentlemen, how do we save pic related?
>>
>crafting is extremely grindy
>getting motifs is grindy
>leveling is extremely slow
>skill leveling is even slower
>all the skyshards you have to get
>boring skills that do nothing
>boring floaty combat that feels like shit even if you tank
>speaking of which, there is one skill in the entire game that taunts, and its sword and board only and not even an aoe
>obvious meta builds outperforming anything else by leagues

Skyrim's (lack of) combat with korea-tier grinding and p2w exclusive races that are the best tanks period? Gee, sounds like fun!

It was shit then, it's shit now, it's gonna be shit forever. There is no saving that which never had a life to begin with.
>>
>>333816861
>crafting is extremely grindy
Name me one MMO where the crafting isn't grindy
>getting motifs is grindy
That's the fucking point, you have to work your ass off to get cosmetic shit. Don't like it then just fucking buy with gold or just don't grind for it since its COSMETIC
>Leveling is extremely slow
Maybe you're just a shitter or something, ask any one else who has like 5 v16s and they'll tell you it can be done within a week
>skill leveling is even slower
Thats just a downright lie, or you're more of a shitter than I thought. There's like, 5 different ways to get XP for your skills depending on what you're trying to level up. Literally just fill your skill bar with what skill line you're grinding for and you'll get 50 in no time.
>all the skyshards you have to get
You don't "have" to get fucking anything, they're optional. You can get the skill points you need just by leveling and questing, you don't need every god damn skill point the game can offer as you're not going to use them all
>boring skills that do nothing
There's a fucking skill that insta kills other players. Yeah, sure, it does nothing.
>boring floaty combat that feels like shit even if you tank
You really are a fucking shitter holy fuck. I bet you just stood there mashing the attack button thinking all you have to do is use basic attacks.
>speaking of which, there is one skill in the entire game that taunts, and its sword and board only and not even an aoe
Its called "git gud". When you run a dungeon your entire group is tested to see if they're good enough to survive on their own and have some form of survivability with their build so they don't fucking get btfo instantly. The game teaches you that you need to get your shit together before you can even fight the boss. If you can't even handle the mobs then you probably shouldn't even be playing video games.
>obvious meta builds outperforming anything else by leagues
Somewhat bullshit. Literally any build can work
>>
>>333817405
I should also mention that the sword and board is NOT the only skill line with a taunt. The undaunted skill line also has a taunt that's ranged and uses magicka.
>>
It's like saving someone with terminal brain cancer.
>>
>>333817405
Not him but is this game good then? I always look up the playerbase before buying a MMO and its always pretty low
>>
>>333817405

>what is tera's crafting
>implying a system where 4 different expensive rng books have to be obtained just be be able to smith all the weapon types of ONE cosmetic style is okay
>breaking news, people who dedicate their life to one game can speedrun it
>ok
>hundreds of free skill pts dont matter
>skyrim PvP
>implying 10 skills, 3-5 of which are toggle buffs is engaging
>implying i'm not the one trying to save parties after xXxshadowscalexXx pulls half the dungeon
>not being able to tell the difference between what you can do and what you should do
>there's not one, but TWO taunts in this MMO!

wew lads, ded game defense force everybody
>>
it's their job to not make a bad game, not ours to fix it.
>>
>>333816240
We don't.
>>
>>333816861

Honestly I don't see how you would find crafting grindy in the slightest unless you're talking about amassing materials for a level v16 item, that may take a few hours if you don't know where to look for materials. Then it may take a few hours.

Motifs getting grindy is retarded, if you're dedicated you can get whatever motif you want in under an hour, either by getting the coin to get it at the market or simply trying you luck in dungeons.

The rest is just shitposting not even worth an answer. Why even claiming there's only a single taunt when everyone who played the game will know it's false.
>>
Is it bad that i actually enjoy eso? Its not the greatest game in the world but i feel like its the best MMO ive played. Quests are actually interesting, pvp is engaging, crafting is the same as any other MMO. Whats so bad about it?
>>
In seriousness, because I actually play and enjoy this game a decent amount and these occurred to me:

>Scale up the damage of light and heavy attacks. This would make hybrid builds more viable (which they should be in an Elder Scrolls game) since your resources would be less taxed
>Add enemy flinch when hit by heavy attacks, again making them more relevant
>Allow Imperials to be unlocked after Main Quest completion
>Increase XP rewards for Delve completion, add Veteran Delves that let you revisit older Delves but scaled to the group leader's level. This would make it fun to revisit older caves and mines but with new enemies and a chance for some kind of themed item based on the Delve's story
>Consolidate, or abandon, the Champion system. It is currently a trainwreck that outright favors certain classes and has many, many redundant or silly nodes that no one would invest in due to the current Champion Point cap
>Make crafting skills universal. You can keep it grindy, but don't expect ANYONE to do all that shit again across multiple alts. It hurts the in-game immersion a bit, but we already had a universal bank, so this feels right to me also. Writs would scale instead to player level, rather than crafting level. Improve Writ rewards.
>Make Adventure Zones cross-alliance like Veteran Dungeons. The population is slowly decreasing, so this game will need more areas where ALL fans and players can get together.

Off the top of my head
>>
Allow crafters to craft armour that looks like low-level items. Right now it's retarded how I have to craft shit that looks epic if I use the racial styles.

The argonian heavy helmet is the worst offender.
>>
>>333819165
Two more just occurred to me:
>Duels. This would allow friends to practice PvP before actually heading to Cyrodiil while testing skills, builds and other misc. details, as well as just being fun
>A non-level advantage PvP zone. It would be separate from the Cyrodiil campaign, maybe something like a player versus player arena, and would not affect the Allaince War or award Alliance Rank or points. It could have its own reward system of Zeni chose to create onem but would mainly just be for fun.

The common theme here is trying to drag this title closer to other Elder Scrolls games, and to have more activities for the casual player. Currently, there is very little middle ground between 'wandering around questing with friends' and 'endgame pvp/dungeons/trials'. I worry that since this game is targeted at a very casual audience, both Elder Scrolls fans and MMO players, that without some additional meat in between these two extremes, the player base will plummet, either ultra-grinder vets running out of things to do, or players who never played that much not being able to reach endgame content, and again, becoming bored.

This game should take a page out of Destiny's book on this one. One of the few things it got right was always having something to do when you logged in, not matter where you were at in the game's progression.
>>
you cant save something that is dead
>>
>>333819115
>you have to spend hundreds of hours and know everything about a game before you can criticize it
>anything i dont like is shitposting

illegalmovingofgoalpost.jpeg
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.