[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super mario sunchine anyone? This game is my fucking childhood.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Super_mario_sunshine.jpg (143 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Super_mario_sunshine.jpg
143 KB, 256x363
Super mario sunchine anyone? This game is my fucking childhood. Every time I think about this game a want to cry. Nostalgia is real
>>
the game does have a cool feeling of relaxed isolation
>>
Potentially the worst Mario. Your childhood is cleaning up streaks of shit.
>>
>>333816116

That's your childhood game?

What a casual.
>>
Worst Mario game I ever played. Super Mario 3, Super Mario World(Super Nintendo), and Mario 64...those are acceptable for being your childhood.
>>
File: DMW.png (631 KB, 1327x600) Image search: [Google]
DMW.png
631 KB, 1327x600
>>333816116
How about some real childhood games, my nigga
>>
Easily the worst 3D mario.

Gamecube apologists are the biggest faggots in the world.
>>
One of the comfiest games of all time. I also really enjoyed how responsive the controls were and you could do neat acrobatics that weren't replicated in Galaxy.

Always bothered me that you couldn't get a green Yoshi though.
>>
>>333816116
I liked it, but Super Mario 64 was better in almost every way. I hated how shines could only be picked up in a linear order, all for the sake of hamfisted storytelling which honestly did nothing for the game as a whole.
>>
If Petey Pirahna is a paint monster why does he appear in later games?

Why doesn't Shadow Mario steal/break Fludd from the very beginning at the airstrip?

Was the giant Mantis flat due to restraints (graphics/memory whatever) or was it intentionally designed that way?

Why is Delfino Plaza dim at the start of the game but other areas of the island such as Bianco Hills have full sunshine?

Who is El Piantissimo? Why does he move like Mario? Why is his appearance in the game significant?

Where is Luigi when all of this game is happening?

If the Shine Sprites only return when the island is cleaner, why are they located in secret areas or via secret actions? (eg revealing the painted shine sprite on the beach of Delfino Plaza)

Is there any explanation for why the Boathouse is hoarding Shine Sprites to exchange for blue coins? Why couldn't this be an automatic process once you collected 10 blue coins?
>>
Dude the speedrun streams on Twitch give me life once again. I never owned a gamecube & I feel like I've missed out on the best games.
>>
>>333817124
>Where is Luigi when all of this game is happening?
I know this one at least!
Using his tears as lube while he masturbates to fantasies about Peach.
>>
File: Fucking megaman.jpg (1 MB, 1816x2736) Image search: [Google]
Fucking megaman.jpg
1 MB, 1816x2736
>>333816802
>real childhood
>not even pre PS1
im a little disappointed but hey, your call m80
i didnt like 3 in any way so i mean, im not saying theyre bad, but fuck 3
>>
>>333817124
The flat mantis is a reference to something but I forget what it is exactly. Some sort of Japanese ghost
>>
>>333817376
I looked it up and it's apparently a reference to The Shining
>>
File: Maximum.jpg (92 KB, 640x921) Image search: [Google]
Maximum.jpg
92 KB, 640x921
>>333817324
3 had fun puzzles, and the card game was pretty addicting, but 1 and 2 were scores better.

Also, this game. My cousins and brothers would gather round the tv, just to play this and Super Mario AllStars. Ahh the days
>>
>>333817324
>legends
I'm glad AVGN showed how the game really is so you nostalgic waifu pandering faggots can fuck off
>>
>>333816116
>it never got the HD treatment
>its the only 3D Mario I've never beaten since for some reason my GC memory cards wouldn't work with it
fuck
>>
It amazes me how much shit this game gets. It's a lot of fun. Nintendo went in a new direction and they nailed it. By far one of my favorite 3d platformers.
>>
I like Galaxy slightly more.

How they fucked it up with that shipile sequel I'll never know.
>>
>>333817474
>Super Mario AllStars
oh fuck me anon. bringing back those memories are fantastic.
my introduction to mario was through GBC Mario Bros deluxe. the second was playing the lost levels on that snes cart and i was okay with it

>>333817517
i got bothered by this to be honest.
like hear me out, he only showed the first, which has a lot of issues that arent present in the second.
he went on about dialog boxes, and if you play through the game you would know that the introduction dialogboxes are the only ones that are actually required. The rest are solely present on the screen wit audio so you can focus on what youre doing instead of the box. With the exception of the marlwolf aftermath where you can have roll pick you up its a all optional.

besides the best waifus came in legends 2 which is the better one as far as gameplay is concerned. he should have dabbled in it too but seeing as he was focusing on bad over good, legends 1 was shown instead of both.

Legends 2 was the better title overall in almost every facet
he forgot to mention how bad the n64 port was. like holy fuck its bad ESPECIALLY in the audio department.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.