[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played other games. Should I buy it? How large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: witcher.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
444 KB, 1920x1080
I haven't played other games. Should I buy it? How large the world map is? Larger than MGSV's?
>>
It's a little bigger, and less empty.

MGSV's open-world was such shit.
>>
At least read The Last Wish before diving in if you have 0 Witcher experience, 1 and 2 are also great
>>
Don't buy it. It's on the same calibre as Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition and Last of Us.
>>
It's pretty easy to catch on to what's going on in TW3, but I'd recommend at least looking up the general plot of TW1 and 2. Otherwise you won't even know who main characters are in the story.

Otherwise sure, it's a great game. It can be pretty jank at times and the combat isn't anything complicated, but everything else is fantastic. The world is bigger than MGSV's and the content is more interesting most of the time. It doesn't have as varied gameplay though. It's an ARPG, you fight monsters, there's little outside that.
>>
First off play witcher 2, then read a few books after which play w1. Then wait for next gen gpus to arrive, buy one with a 144 hz monitor and play witcher 3 to fully appreciate the experience.
>>
>>333805649
Yes.
The honestly feels like a perfect entry point and as someone who played and enjoyed the earlier two games, just go back to them later if you wish.
Maybe read up on some of the plot so you're not totally lost but honestly, you're fine.

It wouldn't be the best selling game in the franchise by far if it wasn't welcoming to newcomers.
>>
>>333805649
You should definitely play the previous two. The books they're based off of are pretty good too, but they take place in separate continuity.
>>
where the fuck is the second add on
>>
>>333806693
how long do you think making 20h of content thats meant to top the main game and previous expansion takes to make?
>>
>>333806641
not a seperate continuity, games are just sequels to novels. The White Frost is different but basically everything from books is canon
>>
>>333806830
Depends on how big this new map they're making is. I wonder if it will be White Orchard-tier big, or closer to the main maps.
>>
>>333807276
>we loved creating realistic and rich world full of content for the players in Witcher and we worked really hard to keep up that standard and make a great new area for the expansion. We may ...may have gone too far on this one, haha. It's big, really, really big. Some people may be a bit dissapointed but it actually set back developing of Cyberpunk because so much of our staff wanted to pitch in. It's not quite Daggerfall in size, but it could easily be it's own whole gamespace. We think you're going to like it, and we hope you buy it and enjoy!
>>
>>333807650
Huh, interesting.
I just hope they still remembered to put enough detail into the world, and don't depend on those spoils of war drops everywhere.
>>
>>333807848
Sorry, I made that up. I like writefagging CDPR press releases. it's fun to be optimistic about slavs
>>
File: witcher3 2016-04-09 13-22-27-13.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-04-09 13-22-27-13.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
Witcher 2 is fantastic you should definitely play it.

Witcher 1 is weird and very slow to get going you'd be perfectly excused if you skipped it.
>>
File: w3 toussant 2.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w3 toussant 2.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>333807917
get help
>>
File: w3 toussant.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w3 toussant.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>333808010
just imagine all the doors you need to bug test
>>
>>333805649
It's big and full of fucking nothing.
>>
File: knock knock witcher.webm (1 MB, 578x720) Image search: [Google]
knock knock witcher.webm
1 MB, 578x720
>>333808085
>>
>>333805649

I tried the Witcher 1 before 3 came out.

The gameplay was terrible, couldn't stand it.

I ended up not getting 3 or trying 2 because of it.
>>
>>333808182
1 gameplay is completely different to 2 and 3
>>
>>333808223

rate the gameplay of all 3,

1 out of 100

GO

should I play 2 or 3? why?
>>
>>333808265

Yes, because they're good games. Witcher 1 is very different since it's basically a modified Neverwinter Nights engine and it wasn't really the smoothest thing in existence. NWN games were turn based so it didn't matter much there.
>>
>>333808265
2 and 3 are both great you should play both

I mean what else are you gonna play? All the games coming out recently are shit

Witcher 2 isn't even dated, it looks better than recent games
>>
>>333807917
but why, anon
>>
>>333805649
atmosphere and exploration
>>
>>333808405

I just got my Hacked 3DS, so I'm playing through a lot of the 3DS games I never got to play.

Fire Emblem which I'm not liking
Bravely Default which is actually pretty good
MGS:Snake Eater I only ever played MGS2, but I'm enjoying this one

Pilot Wings
Super Mario 3D World
Prof Layton
all 4 Zelda's released on it, already beat 2 and almost done with 3rd and half way done with 4th

etc. etc.

plus I just got Mad Max on Steam (Humble Monthly)

and I have about 280 other games on Steam, 1/3rd of which I haven't played yet.

I work full time and am in college working on my Masters, so I haven't had a lot of time to play vidya.

Are these games really worth putting aside other games for, to spend my very limited free time to experience?
>>
>>333808664
well, be warned, I spent 3 months beating Witcher 3 and to really get the most out of 2's plot you're gonna need 2 playthoughs of about 20 or more hours each
>>
>>333808664
>muh precious limited time
Fuck off, everyone else also have to mange their time.
That said, the witcher is a series you should set aside for when you have a lot of time to play - summer break would be ideal.
>>
>>333808664
If you're that rich And busy just buy xbone and play quantum break type games that take 10h to finish.
Witcher series will take 300h to fully experience.
>>
>>333808803

I don't get work off for Summer Break, and I take Summer Classes, but I do actually have a bit of extra time in Summer, since I take a light load.

>>333808809
but I don't want an xbone,

Wii-U / 3DS / PC master race.
>>
Every time I boot up this game it's like booting up one or two HBO shows, not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>333809123
While I like the VO, I would have rather the regular Dandellion did the recaps instead of the old man one.

he married Priscilla and lived happily ever after, r-right?
>>
>>333809221
it makes sense that old dandelion narrates stuff that happened several years in the past, although he wasnt recognizable as dandelion, just a generic old man.
>>
>>333809309
I thought it was Vezimir at first
>>
>>333805649
I played MGSV and Fallout 4 before this. Not to compare either but the Witcher 3 has impressed me tremendously. Its got beautiful graphics and art style, interesting dialog and story, there's plenty of side quests and environments to explore. I've put in a good 20 hours into the game and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what there is to see.

That being said, the combat can be a bit sloppy, although there are many ways to balance out your strengths. The quests usually revolve around you using "witcher senses" which is basically detective mode from batman arkham. Then fighting some monster(s) and returning to who sent you to kill it. There are many references to the old games, which I didn't play, but the story is independent enough not to make you feel too left out.

There's a steeper learning curve at the beginning while you're trying to learn everything, try it out anon, give it a chance and I think you'll enjoy yourself.
>>
>>333809221
Get the mod that removes that shit, makes loading saves a lot more tolerable.
>>
>>333810118
isnt your game on ssd?
500gb ssd are like 100dollars now
>>
If you not like this game then some serious shit in your brain
>>
>>333810206
The issue isn't really the loading times, it's more hearing that fucking narration for the millionth time.
>>
>>333810485
His name was Avallac'h!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.