[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: "Fuck you I liked it." Heard it was bad, got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
ITT: "Fuck you I liked it."

Heard it was bad, got it for $6, ended up liking it a lot.

>A literal masterpiece visually
>Best looking game ever, I say this as someone with a high end PC
>Really interesting world and lore that gave the impression that there was a ton going on
>Set itself up for a sequel

It was short and the gameplay was extremely underwhelming but I think it was thoroughly enjoyable. Sequel never, most likely.
>>
Sequel will just be a movie
>>
No.
>Best looking game ever, I say this as someone with a high end PC
No.
>Really interesting world and lore that gave the impression that there was a ton going on
Fuck no.

One of the worst opinions I've ever read on here, kill yourself.
>>
>>333796189
I'd actually go see a movie in that sort of universe. It looks pretty interesting but I don't want to slough through a shitty shooter for it
>>
for $6 its fun. For $60 it was a fucking scam.
>>
>>333796032

In terms of graphics, sure. A shame it did nothing with them. The aesthetics were fucking terrible. The quintessential brown & bloom game.
>>
>>333796032
>gameplay was extremely underwhelming

>game
>underwhelming gameplay

ONE JOB
>>
>>333796189
speaking as a gamer, im tired of games with missions their all the same. I would rather watch a movie as a gamer which is why the order was so popular and the number one title for a long time because it speaks to what gamers really want.,
>>
>>333796496
>The quintessential brown & bloom game
You obviously didn't play it.
>>
the art direction and rendering is really great and i appreciate that

even if it was a movie it would still be garbage thanks to the terrible script and plot. but then have what little bare-bones ultra-generic cover shooting there is sacrifice the gameplay for the sake of the shitty story and it fails even harder as a game

the best they can hope for is that the license gets handed to a competent developer that does something interesting with it
>>
>>333796032
You wouldn't have liked it if you spent 60 on it. It's a glorified tech demo to show what ps4 was capable of. That said it was good but lacked alot. Especially multiplayer. They had ps4s gears right there. But nah, let's just make it a linear movie with press x to win boss fights. They're just gonna jew everyone to but a sequel they will partially be better.
>>
>>333796032
>got it for $6

hey it most defiantly is worth 6$, Not 60$ like it was at launch
>>
>>333796703
I thought the actual plot was boring but I REALLY wanted to see more of the world and the past.

I love the thought of the knights of the round going into other countries like india. I really liked the way they gave tiny glimpses of America. I also like (but was disappointed by) the fact that they showed vampires, even though you never fight them.
>>
File: 1336376983360.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1336376983360.png
130 KB, 396x381
>>333796032
>you and i, were not so different
>>
>>333796032
Sony: 'games can be more than just games'
MS: 'you are a customer, buy games'
Nintendo: 'this gimmick can be something no ones ever done'

non-Sony fans: 'lel, movie games, lel, interactive art'
non-MS fans: 'not YOUR customer - no games!'
non-Nintendo fan: 'gimmick console, no games!'

Sony is investing in dev's who innovate on what a video game can be.
Microsoft is playing long game; shitposting.
Nintendo still thinks they need gimmicks because they dont make games that dont use gimmicks.
>>
>>333796032
Imagine paying $60 for it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>
Arkham Origins

As a huge Batman faggot, I could look past the bugs and see some of the best writing of the series.
>>
This is the sort of idea that in the hands of the right developer would have made an amazing RPG (Think Mass Effect but in a Gothic Steampunk setting).

Instead we got a bland linear third person shooter with a story that tries to look deeper than it actually is.

They should leave "cinematic" games to developers that can pull them off like Kojima Studios or Naughty Dog.
>>
>>333796032
>we made it 30 FPS to give it a cinematic feel

what an age we live in.
>>
>Fuck you, I liked it because I got it cheap
Should be a completely different thread than
>Fuck you, I liked it even though I paid full price

Both have huge changes in the way you view a game. For under $10, I'm enjoying most games. For a full $79 Canadian timbits, I'm going to be a bit harsh on mediocre shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.