[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subnautica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: Subnautica.jpg (140 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica.jpg
140 KB, 460x215
Im trying to play Subnautica, but about 10 minutes in it crashes and a popup says "Application Subnautica.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware". Does anyone here know what to do?
>>
>>333793084
Run the game in administrator mode?
>>
>>333793809
I could try that. Im hoping it works, Ive only gotten about 2 hrs total so far and its all ready a really good game.
>>
>>333793954
I was looking at it, it looks very neat. I'm probably going to grab it on sale sometime.
>>
April update when? Really looking forward to more creatures being added.
>>
>>333793084
ya, ask on the steam forum for the game....amazing i know
>>
>>333794914
I havent had the game very long, but from what I understand they update the game a good bit.
>>
Holy shit what a good game. Last I played was about 6 months ago.

Has the game improved much? I think they pushed an update out that added salvageable sections of the main ship that you could explore. This was right after I stopped playing.
>>
>>333795894
I believe they have added a good bit of new things. Ive only had the game for less than a week, so I really couldnt tell you what they added
>>
>>333795894
I don't follow the development too closely, but for the few months I've owned the game, they have been consistently adding onto and refining it.

They added in models for most of the items so that they aren't just cubes with pictures of the item on them, and they redid the water visuals and skybox so that they look a lot better. There's also an intro cinematic when you start a new game now. Of course there's other things, but that's just off the top of my head.
>>
OP did you fix your game?
>>
>>333799091
It was working, I just had a little bit of lag, but that happens every now and then. Thanks to whoever gave the suggestion.
>>
>get game
>having fun
>shit doesnt work all of a sudden
cant wait until it steps out of early access so I don't have to deal with shit bugs desu, game is actually really solid otherwise
>>
>>333799616
It really is. I got it now so when its not early access anymore they dont try to jack up the prices. That and theres already a great deal of things already
>>
>>333799754
Yeah, and they seem transparent about development completely. So I'm on board, but I'm refraining from playing it anymore until it officially launches.
>>
>>333800204
Nice. Its gonna be a pretty cool before and after from when you last played to next time with all the stuff that will get put in
>>
You have to hand it to them, the Subnautica devs are probably the most transparent in the industry, and they're making good progress too

https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development
>>
>>333800758
They are pretty good, and theyre making alot of progress for indie devs. They also focus on good things, instead of just focusing on adding useless shit.
>>
I just wish they named the big bad of the ocean something other than REAPER FUCKING LEVIATHAN.
Both of these words so damn uninspiring in games anymore. Leviathan especially. Used by people who can't think of a more clever way of describing something fuckhuge.
>>
>>333802162
Yeah, its like "Oh, I have an idea. How about Mr Kill, or Death Guy?" Theres really no originality with enemy names anymore. Although the Reaper is still one scary mother fucker to be seeing when your at least 2 miles away from your house.
>>
>worst phobia is being under ocean
>this game intrigues me
>get it and play it
>conquer my fears
>swim into a cave, hear something in my left ear
>ESC, close application

NOPE.JPEG
>>
>>333802814
Theres nothing more suspenseful than going down into depths not even the flashlight can get through, and hearing the sound of the Leviathan as you see a glimpse of him through the dark abyss
>>
>>333802954
No thank you.
Every time I try this game, my phobia gets the best of me.
At least starting point is nice and comfy.
Then once I dive deeper (deep ocean is my true phobia) I hear all kinds of things.
Can't do it.
>>
>>333803661
Its real bad when you think of all the shit that could be right below your feet without you even knowing.
>>
>>333803754
Mostly moles and earthworms.
It's not like they've down anything.
But I feel if I was dropped into the ocean, a fucking gargantuan creature would devour me.
>>
>>333803923
It also doesnt help when you think about the fact that scientists know more about other planets than they do the deepest depths of the ocean. Who knows what crazy shit could be down there?
>>
>>333804059
That's my fear.
What the fuck is down there?
We don't know!
It scares the shit out of me.
My own dad swam in the ocean and asked me why I'm scared, and this is what I told him. (my mom was there too)
You can stand on land, and you only see in front of you and behind you, and above, and can react to stuff.
Going underwater, you have an angle from everywhere where everything can come at you, and you wouldn't at you.
It's all blue, and the black shadows are closer than you can notice.
It scares me.
And you don't know what's coming for you.
Under water phobia is horrible.
>>
>>333804359
Its really not even a phobia when you think about it. Its just common sense.
>>
>>333804575
Yet some people scuba dive for a living.
Others use submarines and delve further.
I could not do it.
I was just playing Beyond: Two Souls and I had to navigate a sub in a unknown part of the world.
I had to tell myself, it's okay, nothing is gonna happen, we're in a cave where the base is.
There is gonna be nothing in between.
I just hate underwater, and yet Subnautica has me so intrigued.
Maybe phobias give you interest in that shit?
>>
>>333805910
Maybe its the rush of being able to confront your fears with no real life consequence?
>>
So we aren't getting multiplayer.

And I guess we aren't going to get random maps considering how much time they have spent hand crafting the current world.

I'm not really sure what their goal is for the game. It's a mediocre base builder they don't seem to have any plans to expand on, theres about four hours of exploration, once. Theres nothing really else to the game.
>>
>>333806082
Maybe.
There's a part in Beyond: Two Souls you have to put on a suit and got into the ocean.
I nearly cried.
You walk underwater, and I told myself not to look up.
I kept walking, and didn't know how far I was underwater.
I was scary.
I just kept my camera down, and my head down in real life.
I closed my eyes when I seen anything and kept walking.
I hated it.
>>
>>333806363
I hope they do add multiplayer, but I doubt they will. I personally like the game, but everyone has their preference I suppose
>>
>>333806476
That sounds like it sucked... I guess you should shy away from Bioshock 1/2 then?
>>
>>333806593
Nah I beat Bioshock 1 but not 2.
At least you know you are well reserved in their base.
Give me a moment the glass breaks and we get sucked into the ocean.
I'll have a literal heart attack.
>>
>>333806758
At least you have a thick mostly metal suit covering you, and a drill and multiple plasmids. in Subnautica the best starter weapon is basically a pocket knife
>>
>>333806961
If there was a game were in Bioshock the glass cracked and the game was making your way to the surface.
You keep your abilities and all that.
I don't think any armor or ability could make me not feel scared.
If you had to escape and read surface, I couldn't do it, no matter how many abilities I had.
Honestly that sounds like a good game.
>>
>>333807226
If put in the hands of competent devs it could make for a pretty good game.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.