[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys ever buy these things?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: steamcards.jpg (38 KB, 291x250) Image search: [Google]
steamcards.jpg
38 KB, 291x250
Do you guys ever buy these things?
>>
Yeah, why give your credit card number out when you've got these
>>
The store I work at sells them, so sometimes I pick one up with employee perks.
>>
No, it's far easier to use a credit card or PayPal
>>
i've seen them come up in my cart while shopping, so i guess i have bought them, yeah
>>
>>333793015
they routinely go on sale on ebay. so i pick them up all the time

100 dollar cards for $80-$85
same with PSN cards
>>
Why would I ever spend money on video games?
>>
File: 1371311575038.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1371311575038.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
you could just buy cards and make badges....

hell i wonder if theres a steam account out there that has EVERY badge but zero games....now that would be something to see
>>
Every once in awhile I will buy one as a gift for my cousin. It's just a little annoying they don't have a $60 dollar option.
>>
Yeah because I just don't like using a credit card on steam. Not much of a problem for me, just run into gamestop, grab the cards, pay and leave.
>>
They're available everywhere these days, so I don't have a reason not to.
That and using a gift card to hack off half the price of virtual money seems like cheating the system somehow.
>>
>>333794805
Why in the world would you do that?
>>
>>333794805
Furries who use Steam as some kind of dating service probably don't have games
>>
File: 1458250789283.png (22 KB, 565x510) Image search: [Google]
1458250789283.png
22 KB, 565x510
>>333793015
>buying gaming gift cards
For what reason?
>>
>>333796320
To buy games and stuff for games.
>>
>>333796320
To gift them to real life friends that play games, you know, like the ones you have a respectable amount of.
>>
>>333793403
Plus you don't have to pay taxes in Canada apparently if you use Paypal.

I was shocked recently when friends mentioned a game's price on Steam and took tax into account.
>>
>>333796508
We only play fighting games, so we don't use any money. We bought them once and that's it.
We do money match though.
>>
I have a friend who exclusively buys his games on steam using these things because he doesn't trust putting his CC info in to any online website.

This basically precludes him from doing any online shopping.

>use an online distribution platform
>have to drive to gamestop before you buy a game anyways

What's the fucking point? CCs have such robust consumer protection that even if your info gets leaked, you immediately get a new card and all your money gets refunded IF anything gets stolen.
>>
I bought a few as gifts for my brothers a few Christmasses ago when they were getting into PC gaming. As for buying them for yourself there's not much point - if you're using Windows everything you do is being sent to the NSA anyway.
>>
I use Paysafe cards.
>>
>>333793015
my mom got me one for christmas, so i can't complain
>>
>>333798768
Why is this shit allowed on /v/?
>>
>>333798768
source?
>>
>>333799208
Stop. Don't do this to yourself
>>
File: 1459285925137.jpg (23 KB, 775x654) Image search: [Google]
1459285925137.jpg
23 KB, 775x654
>>333798768
>>
>>333796607
I'm surprised they even have steam gift cards in S. America.
>>
>>333793015
no because i'm an adult with a bank account and a credit card

i work at target and the only people that buy these are teenagers and faggot manchildren
>>
>>333796910
They're at grocery stores and basically everywhere. I use steam cards. Prevents spending ludicrous amounts of money games you arent going to play because you have to make the decision to buy it in person
>>
>>333802031
>i work at target and the only people that buy these are teenagers and faggot manchildren
lmao aren't you a hotshot working at target pussy
>>
I buy them because Australia is fucked when it comes to Steam. That being said, I hardly ever buy shit on steam and 9 times out of 10 I refund it anyway.
>>
>>333802432
>gamers buying gaming things
>>
>>333802031
>no because i'm an adult with a bank account and a credit card
I was gonna say "this anon gets it"

but then you posted this
>i work at target
anon pls
>>
>>333802912
>>333802432

you realize that target has positions higher than sales floor and cashier? and that they pay pretty competitively and offer decent hours? i go to school and pay rent all by myself, i think i'm doing pretty good.

where do you guys work?
>>
>>333803163
Target is really jewish in terms of paying their employees and giving a fuck about them
>>
>>333803212
seeing as how i got a promotion after less than a year of working there, and that i pay my rent and have enough money to live pretty comfortably, i have to disagree
>>
>>333803163
I work for a pretty large company in the insurance industry working as corporate counsel. I almost exclusively work with employment discrimination issues as my employer has like 20,000 employees so we get sued a lot.

I was just giving you shit anon, there's nothing wrong with Target, even if you are working as a cashier. We've all been there.
>>
>>333803494
>I almost exclusively work with employment discrimination issues
lol your job literally only exists because the government is denying people their right to freedom of association
>>
>>333793113
and to buy those, you give your credit card out. Either way, you're fucked.
>>
>>333804021
no shit?

I also do contract stuff, drafting NDAs, non-competes, other compliance stuff, subpoena response, discovery requests, etc. The majority of my work is employment discrimination because the EEOC and states like NY and MA want us to hire people with criminal records.
>>
>>333794990
They do, they're just marked as $59.99 codes for specific games, usually GTA V or Fallout 4. You don't have to use them on those games, though.
>>
>>333804141
What is cash?

>>333804258
So you're contributing to the violation of one of our most fundamental rights and you just don't care? Are you Jewish?
>>
>>333804381
>So you're contributing to the violation of one of our most fundamental rights and you just don't care?
No you fucking retard, I suggest reading more carefully.

My job is to defend against employment discrimination claims. I defend my employer when we fire minorities and I have a damn good record against the EEOC and state agencies. Claims very rarely get past the investigation stage and when they do we almost always win and virtually never settle.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.