[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: You are tasked by Microsoft to create a handheld console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: handhelds-600x400.jpg (64 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
handhelds-600x400.jpg
64 KB, 600x400
ITT: You are tasked by Microsoft to create a handheld console to compete against the vita and 3DS. You have full creative control; what features will it have?
>>
dont bother. handheld consoles are dying and people will always buy nintendo handhelds given the choice because theyre cheap and have mario
>>
>>333785073
its a windows 10 continuum device (phone/tablet/laptop) that i connect an xbone controller to, and stream 4k 60fps games nvidia grid style. good luck pulling it off before 2020 in an affordable manner, microshill.
>>
>>333785073
>You are tasked by Microsoft to create a handheld console to compete against the vita and 3DS
I'd take the money and tell them that there's no point
>>
>Multiple input slots for the games
>That way you can have multiple games in the device and can jump from one game to another without having to physically take the game out
>Some game franchises can use this with two or more of their games for interesting uses
>>
It's simple. Release a handheld PC with buttons. Take a XB1 controller and put a big fucking screen in the center with a built in PC. No special app store locked bullshit. Just regular old Windows. Imagine access to all your games and emulators.
>>
>>333785914
fucking steam handheld when, id spend up to $500 on one / $1000 if it could also remote play my desktop games over the internet like vita/ps4
>>
>>333785914
It won't happen because the only reason anyone releases new hardware these days is to rope customers into their exclusive markets.
>>
You don't. It's a terrible time to make a handheld.
>>
>Get their mobile division up and running to standards
>Release an XBL Store App that lets you download more games than their shitty store app offers
>Release a standalone controller that clips onto the phone

Wow I just solved the entire handheld problem
>>
>>333785073
if I had to make a system:
>support xbone remote play for everything
>really, make the architecture as similar to the xbone as I can so development is just "rebuild for xbportable," hope it fits in RAM/VRAM, done
>bundle it with a Halo game
>promote it as a high-end handheld console, nice big screen, don't do shit like not include LT/RT or only have one stick
>use microSD for memory storage, no reason to repeat the Vita's mistake

It probably wouldn't sell that well anyway, but it could work.
>>
>>333785073
I make a vita that can take regular sd cards and not only first party ones.

/thread
>>
>>333785073
Make a deal with Nintendo to help make Portable games with microsoft exclusives on the 3DS

There you have it. Easy money
>>
>>333785202
>>333785635
>>333786981

It's no fun to drop out right away, I wouldn't think they had a chance either, but:

You're being paid $10m to do it and can't run away with the money, you need to produce something even if it will fail. If you do produce something successful, you get even more money.
>>
>>333785073
>compete against the vita
lol
>>
>>333785073
Monster Hunter. What do I win?
>>
>>333785073
A self-destruct button.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.