[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The playlists in Halo 5 are fucking dyer. The game is great and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
File: 54084894829.jpg (58 KB, 542x305) Image search: [Google]
54084894829.jpg
58 KB, 542x305
The playlists in Halo 5 are fucking dyer. The game is great and when you get onto a game mode you want to play its excellent, yadda yadda. But why have 343 took away the option just to jump onto CTF? Or team doubles? All the game types are shoved into a game mode and is then selected at random. It's buggin the shit out of me
>>
>dyer

They're as dire as your spelling, apparently.
>>
>>333764596
they just don't have enough active players to fragment their userbase like that

look at MCC for example, probably the most disjointed matchmaking experience in the industry both in terms of performance and organization.

I used to boot it up to play Halo 2 anniversary and get a game within a few seconds, but trying to get a game of Halo:CE or H3 took 3-5 minutes.
>>
There's no game modes because the population can't afford it. FFA barely hangs on as is. The game actively competes with SWB, a game with sub 20k most days
>>
I'm pretty sure its a reaction to Halo 4 being beyond dead like a month after launch. 5 is better in pretty much all respects, but I feel like the userbase is still small because of Xbone's status along with the MCC clusterfuck.
>>
>>333765163

I get into matches in any playlist within 20 seconds

are you australian or something
>>
>>333765434
you get into matches fast because there are such a small number of playlists.
>>
>>333765057
>>333765163
>>333765239
Good god, it's kind of a shame to see Halo in this state

>>333765434
I can get into games easy but what I'm talking about is why there are hardly any game modes
>>
>>333764596
>still playing 5
It is fun but I'm amazed how people didn't dump that shit months ago when it became apparent 343 didn't give a shit about giving people the playlists they wanted
>>
>>333765593
there's 10 playlists in the game
halo 3 had 11 max
>>
>>333765658
>it's kind of a shame to see Halo in this state

They should start making good Halo games again if they want to remedy this.
>>
>>333765810
I've just borrowed the xbox from my friend for the weekend to have a shot of Halo, typically, the servers are down
>>
>>333765942
I haven't played in months but I did for a while from launch and they were always shit, sure they're dedicated but they're the worst dedicated servers I've ever used

If it meant I could have more gametypes and playlists I wouldn't even care if they were hosted
>>
>>333765593
how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>333766132
The playlists group gametypes together so if you want to play objective based games only too bad you're going to play shit you don't want to
>>
>>333766132
Means you can't play specific game modes you want to play because only 10 people are playing. So you have to play BTB in hopes that CTF will come up eventually
>>
To think H3 actually had the option to have a shotty snipers game type because enough people played the game and H5 can't have a capture the flag tent pole game type. for shame
>>
>>333766306
CTF is on the Team Arena playlist too, but I'd imagine you're looking for large-scale CTF anyway. Still doesn't solve the fact that Strongholds and Slayer and Assault are mixed in, but it's still my favorite playlist.

My question is, where the FUCK is KotH?
>>
File: 1436895228808.jpg (1 MB, 1646x3840) Image search: [Google]
1436895228808.jpg
1 MB, 1646x3840
>>333765658
The other reason for no game modes is the fact that they're holding them for the monthly updates. The fact that Assualt was just added last update was a joke.

I think they weren't actually holding most of them back either. If you look into the development stuff that has come out, it's very clear that they were 100% focused on the e-sports trash while working on the game. While this at least got them to get their heads out of their asses on basic gameplay to give us Arena while splitting off the bullshit into Warzone, it also led them too ignore a ton of other stuff. Things like Oddball, Assault, Grifball, and Infection aren't heavily played by the MLG crowd, so they were left out of development until normal people were playing instead of just their internal pro players they hired.

This is probably how File Sharing got ignored too, even after everyone lost their shit when Halo 4 took so long to implement it. What I really don't get is the the fact that LAN ability was left out entirely with this mindset, but I guess Warzone would have been gimped without internet and access to the microtransaction sellers.

I'm not actually that bothered by the microtransaction since I don't really care about Warzone, mostly because it means all the DLC is free. Though I'll probably be playing Warzone more once Firefight is out.
>>
>>333766486
Who needs KotH when you have Strongholds :^)
It's like KotH and territories but worse who could hate that
>>
What's with microdick not allowing people to HOST THEIR OWN SHIT AND ADD A SERVER BROWSER?

It would fix every single problem related to the goddamned playlist system, which has been shit since halo 3.
>>
>>333766465
To be fair, Shotty Snipes was only ever a Douple XP Weekend playlist, which always had a ton of people regardless of what gametype it was.

I don't think Halo 5 ever has had the number of players Halo 3 had even a year after launch.
>>
>>333766554
GRIFBALL, they have a fucking grifball mode but no.. well anything else really.
>>
They need to get rid of the slayer gametype in Team Arena. If I wanted to play fucking slayer, I'd pick fucking slayer.

They also need to fix their insane banning system. I'm terrified to quit a game because I know for a fact I'll be banned.
>>
>>333767008
Yeah, but Grifball was only added last month, along with all the Ball gametypes. Really, Grifball is the one I was OK with coming out later, but no Oddball or Assault was bullshit.
>>
>>333767168
> I'm terrified to quit a game because I know for a fact I'll be banned.

I've been banned already. How they have the balls to ban people and force them to play game types they don't want to play at that moment is funny as hell

>>333767218
I only ever played it on H3 and wasn't a fan, maybe they've improved it
>>
File: h3lobby.png (365 KB, 814x462) Image search: [Google]
h3lobby.png
365 KB, 814x462
They also need to fix the pregame lobby. Why is only player's emblems? What happened to seeing gamertags, ranks, armor ect...?

Who thought "lets just make it a clusterfuck of emblems, that'll work"?

It's abysmal. Halo 3 had it down perfectly.
>>
>>333767481
There's more to it now. They added the ability to throw in 4 and that changed things some. Groundpounding and thrusters mixed things up again in 5. It's fun but not for everyone.

Personally I had more fun with Ricochet when that was added way late to 4. It was the only DLC I bought back then.
>>
>>333766653
Server hosting fragments the player-base.

Look at Halo 1 on PC, which has a standard server browser. Out of the 40-50 populated servers up currently, only 5 of them actually use vanilla settings. The rest are retarded shit like Rocket Snipers on Blood Gulch or shitty hacked maps like Battle Creek with extra teleporters and fuel rod guns everywhere. It can take a good 10 minutes just to find a decent server.

Matchmaking keeps things standard, and makes it much quicker to find a match. If you want to play custom games, you play with friends or party up with people.
>>
File: h5lobby.png (776 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
h5lobby.png
776 KB, 1024x576
>>333767812
I mean look at this shit. What information can you gather from this screen?

You don't even know what team you're on for Christ's sake.
>>
File: 00.jpg (42 KB, 734x734) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
42 KB, 734x734
>>333767168
>I'm terrified to quit a game because I know for a fact I'll be banned.
Good. Don't quit games.
>>
>>333768183
Games load fast enough that you're barely on that screen to begin with
Custom games have a traditional lobby setup
>>
>>333764596
>dyer
>>
>>333767812
>>333768183
This

>>333767887
Ok I'll actually give it a shot when the servers are back up then, see how it goes.
>>
>>333767168
Then don't leave you fucking idiot
>>
>>333768109
servers are great.

After a short time you have some favourite servers you alwayss visit.

You will meet people there who are always there.

Communities, friendships, rivalities, server culture will form.
>>
>>333764596
>But why have 343 took away the option just to jump onto CTF?

Because objective playlists always end up with less players than Infection/Griffball/Action Sack. Same with Team Hardcore/MLG. Slayer, BTB, and minigame shit are the only things people play, unfortunately.
>>
>>333768562
>>333768278
I don't rage quit games, I always stay, but sometimes shit comes up and you have to turn your console off. I shouldn't be penalized because I quit 1 goddamn game.
>>
>>333768562
You try playing stronghold three times in a row, bucko
>>
>>333765940
Might be too late to recover what Halo Reach and 4 done to its reputation.

I haven't touched 5, but my friend who was an avid Halo 2 and 3 fan says its pretty good. He hated both both Reach and 4, so I'm guessing he likes it for reasons other than being Halo.

The population is low because people just don't trust the brand anymore.
>>
>>333767218
>Oddball
Where the FUCK is my oddball
>>
>>333765163
Sad to hear. The last halo i enjoyed was reach. I wouldnt be suprised if this series dies here. Man i used to love halo. Playing offline coop campagin with my best friend when i was 12. Being hyped for halo2 and 3. Buying my own 360 with money i saved up the summer just to olay halo and fable. Fable is dead is died years ago when they slowly made it less rpg and more gahahah chicken chaser. Lionhead is rip and im glad fuck them and fuck what would of been horrible fable heros. I think its time to end halo bury it with 343 industires end it all. Honestly now that i think about it video games are becoming like movies these days. Hardly any original ideas worth a shit and almost everything is sequals or remakes fuck....
>>
>>333768949
custom games
>>
>>333768562
>>333768278
>I'm too retarded to understand that there exist scenarios that can force someone to leave mid-game.
>>
>>333768971
Oh and let me add. Swb is trash i played for 2 maybe 3 hours with my friend and never touched it again. No galactic conquest. No offlone co-op skrimish battles. Survival mode is shit and a snooze fest. Yeah fuck that game.
>>
>>333768746
>>333768987
If you need to leave mid-game to go somewhere, the 3 minute ban won't affect you anyway, idiots.
>>333768826
>being a ditching cyst
Fuck off
>>
>>333768841
This.

4 and MCC were such goddamn failures that most people didn't even bother with 5.
>>
>>333766742
No halo game since has. Reach was garbage, 4 was garbage for like two years and even after the balance updates it was still meh.

Even 5 being a good game can't save Halo. Not even a full halo 2 remake could save Halo.
>>
>>333769152
4 was such a failure that it helped screw the damn console, let alone Halo.
>>
>>333769147
>Not being able to see past the "but left me alone in the gammee you white cyst!" argument

Stay black, holmz
>>
>>333768949
>>333768986
Even worse is that they didn't make a default Oddball gametype to start with. You have to modify all the ball properties and settings to set up any modes with the ball. The customization is nice, but no default modes was just lazy.
>>
>>333769617
cyst != cis
>>
>>333769431
I don't remember hating H4 MP all that much, it was the game i played the least of the series for sure but I dont remember ever thinking wtf's going on here. Well the maps were shit I suppose. In fact maybe me not remembering much of the game speaks to how shit it truely was where as I can remember H2 like it were yesterday
>>
>>333769353
I thought Reach was pretty good up until 343 started cocking it up with their title updates. The only real issue in Bungie Reach was Armor Lock being so OP. Otherwise I felt it had the best balance of any Halo game and definitely had the most flexibility for custom games. Everyone always points to 2 for balance, but the whole game was BR, Sniper, and button combinations.

The only thing I feel has been bested now is the Forge mode, since 5's is nuts.
>>
>>333769147
>3 minutes

I've been banned for hours due to 3 or so accidental team kills. Over the course of different games, mind you. It's bullshit.
>>
File: 1380466142287.png (140 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1380466142287.png
140 KB, 300x300
>>333769976
I've quit out of over a dozen shitty teams in Grifball yet the longest I've gotten is 25 minutes. If you accumulated hours, you're a problem.
>>
WHERES THE ROCKET RACE AND GRIFFBALL REEEEEE
>>
>>333769935
Armor lock was garbage, not OP. It was just annoying and slowed the game down.

>Everyone always points to 2 for balance, but the whole game was BR, Sniper, and button combinations.

And using anything other than the DMR in reach was intentionally gimping yourself. Bloom was not consistent at all and did nothing to stop the DMR shitting on everything but power weapons. It killed faster than the automatics and at ranges where you could use automatics bloom didn't matter.

Pretty much every halo game except CE/5 is utility weapon + power weapons and automatics/flavour weapons being useless (minus the plasma pistol).

Also, the title update was great even if you liked bloom for some reason. It fixed sword canceling, bleedthrough, camo, and made bloom more consistent if you didn't just disable like a sane person.
>>
>>333770540
Grifball was in the game for a month now.
>>
>>333770665
Nice, BUT STILL NO ROCKET RACE THAT WAS THE SECOND MOST POPULAR GAME BEHIND GRIEFBALL REEEEEEEE
>>
>>333770613
I always felt the DMR, Magnum, and AR were pretty well balanced. DMR probably got the most use on open maps because you're at range, but all 3 were viable if you weren't somewhere like Blood Gulch.

And the patch was all over the map. They added bleedthrough but it didn't work properly because the game wasn't designed with it in mind. They eventually backtracked and removed that portion entirely because they never could fix it. The only real positive to me was the nerf of Armor Lock. The bloom changes felt like a band-aid that did nothing to me.

Overall I'd say they did more harm that good. Look at the playlist numbers even now, the only TUed playlist that ever has more than 20 people is Big Team, and only because there is not vanilla option for it, while pretty much all the vanilla playlist have hundreds or more.

It is a preference though. I played about 4000 matchmade games in both Halo 3 and Halo Reach, and probably a couple thousand customs in both as well. I know most of the guys I played with preferred the Bungie settings, and both big LAN parties I've been too were played almost exclusively on those settings over 343.
>>
>>333770843
Rocket race would be terrible on these shit maps that barely allow vehicle gameplay. The remake sandtrap still isn't good for vehicles. Plus the vehicle physics are terrible.
>>
>>333765239
>MCC debacle
>No split screen
>Heavy focus on Locke and Osiris over Master Chief and Blue Team
>Missing game types at launch
What did you expect?
>>
you wot you fuckin plum
>>
>>333772078
Different anon, that's the problem with Reach, it wasn't designed to be or play like a Halo game at all really, it was designed to play like a testing bed for Destiny. This is the main reason it's the only Halo game that I straight up hate. Because to me it just wasn't Halo, it didn't even have a resemblance to Halo to me. 343 may fuck up from time to time but at least they're some resemblance to Halo in there. Halo 4 and 5 just have some of that other shit slapped on top that hurt it, Halo 4 more so.
>>
just wondering since I don't want to make another thread, but do any of you chucklenuts play/ed Halo Online?
Tryout this version with Halo mods and maps and it seems ok. The BR feels really weird in it's spread or something, I think it might be the lag (despite having 44-45 ping)
>>
>>333773553
Lmao don't kid yourself. Reach was more halo than 4/5 will ever be.
>>
>>333773761
Oh really, with that slow ass base movement, low ass jump height, mixed in with no bleedthrough, bloom, and armor abilities halting gameplay, along with the muted sound when your hit by grenades all made the game feel completely different from an actual Halo game. Going for realism in a Halo game to begin with was a mistake Bungie knew damn well Halo was NEVER realistic so it was completely stupid to even go for that to begin with.
>>
Daily reminder the halo series died after bungie left.

Based bungie knew they couldn't top the halo trilogy so they made reach a shitty game and put in sprint so, it'll fuck up 343 productions
>>
>>333774229
Yes even with all that, it's more Halo than 4/5.
>>
File: bungie doesn't care.png (23 KB, 661x120) Image search: [Google]
bungie doesn't care.png
23 KB, 661x120
>>333774619
>bungie
>>
>>333774682
How can it be a Halo game if the piece of shit can't even play with the basic elements of a Halo game? You add bleedthrough, faster movement, higher jump height, or try to remove the fucking bloom and the game breaks. Doesn't sound like a Halo game to me
>>
>>333776824
Simple really.
>Made by Bungie
>Way better aesthetics than 4/5
>Better Armor design
>Better sound design
>Better gameplay after patch. (Before patch, was kinda shit)
>Better game modes
>Better custom games
>Better firefight( firefight not even in 4, barely coming to 5)
>Better forge
>Better Maps( Even though some were just fucking campagin maps but the design if them are still better)
>Better social aspect
>Better campaign
>Better player population post launch
>Can play as elites
>No dudebro chatter( can be disable in 5 though)
>No Palmer
>No QTEs
>No microtransactions
>Better music
>Better pre-matchmaking lobby( can actually see other players profiles)
>No edgy sounding announcer (he sounded good as he was)
>NO FUCKING PALMER

That's why it's a better Halo game than 4 or 5.
>>
I hate that they put a social playlist like four team in and then take it out even though it was super fun
>>
>>333778762
>Made by Bungie
Shit excuse. Reach was the shittiest Halo game.
>terrible campaign
>shit story
>no plot
>breaks canon to exist
>tries to use nostalgia to make up for bad level design
>shit character development
>return to battlefield or die
>shit mp maps
>mp maps reused from campaign
>other mp maps are in Forge World
>shit ranking
>ranking can only be seen on Bungie.net
>grind to rank up
>get new armor by grinding
>most of the weapon sandbox was shit
>cardboard vehicles
>slow ass based movement speed
>low ass jump height
>bloom on every weapon
>armor abilities
>loadouts
>nuke grenades
>sword block with any weapon
>broken melee
>shit health system that was nothing like CE
>motion blur causing ghosting
>film grain filter
>desatuarated color palette
>on-rails shooting
>MAC gun
>cock teases
>shit replacements to covenant weapons
>the removal of Brute weapons and vehicles
>gimped theater
>arcade Firefight
>only two grenade types
>only being able to carry two grenades with only tow grenade types
>gimped Elite customization
>Elites are only playable in modes that are made for them (Elite Slayer, Invasion)
>Forge World is gray
>ally AI is the most retarded in the entire series
>no bleedthrough
>boring as fuck
>no "Halo" epic moments
>doesn't feel like Halo
>replacing flashlight with night vision
>enemy AI have six-sense
I bet you like Destiny.
>>
>>333776657
Kek, Achronos is a cool guy. I work with him every day
>>
>>333779915
No the Bungie now is not the same.

Doesn't matter though even with all that it's still better than 4/5. Can't believe you like the garbage 343 shat out.
>>
File: HaloCosplay02.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1013) Image search: [Google]
HaloCosplay02.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1013
Haven't played 5 since late Decdue to IRL issues.

Does forge have all the req shit yet or been patched to work offline? Have any weapons been buffed or nerfed since then? 5's balance IMO was perfect except that there could have been more of an incentive to burst with the AR and for the boltshot and suppersor to be buffed a bit

>>333770613
>>333772078
I disagree. The DMR and NR were obviously still the most versatile guns in the game, but the AR (In fact, the AR in reach was almost as accurate as it is in 5 when bursted, which was only possible due to bloom's implementation) or other non power weapons were far more viable in reach then they were in 3 or 2. Hell you could even kill with the plasma pistol if you had a good trigger finger.

It's nowhere near 5's balance but reach was still quite better then 2 and 3 in that regard. The fact that reach also sorta went back to the ce formula of not having clone guns helped too, other then the AR/Plasma repeater and DMR/NR ever gun in reach preforms uniquely even if they are vaugely similar: for example the concusion rifle/grenade launcher and plasma launcher/spartan laser might have similar roles but function almost entirely differently, wheras in 2 and especially 3 and 4 and I guess 5 (but 5's balance is great so who cares) you just have 1 version of the same gun for the UNSC, covies, and brutes/promethians each that just have slightly different damage/firing rates/accuracy.

>>333773553
>>333773761
>>333778762
>>333774682
Reach isn't any more different from 3 then 2 is from ce, same for even 3 to 4 skipping reach. Hell, i'd argue even less, most of reach and 4's changes aren't core mechanical ones and can be tuned back in customs, wheras the changes in 2 from ce and 5 in 5 are mostly stuff core to the gameplay.

So if anything, the most unhalo games, compared to their predecessors, is 2 and 5. But 2 and 5's core gameplay are also the best in the series.
>>
>>333779915
>breaks canon meme

fuck off and read the journal

>b-but I shouldn't have to read an eu b-

Yet here you are complaining that a game conflicts with an eu book to begin with.

There's a ton of other incorrect bullshit in your post but that's the most egregious one.
>>
>>333780157
The Bungie now made Reach.The shitheads who made Reach weren't the same Bungie that made Halos 1-3. I'm not a fan of 343's Halo but still like them better than Reach. To me Reach is the Other M of Halo.

>>333780412
You fuck off faggot,
>read the journal
So what is with this meme you Reachfags like to shit out of your anus? Journal was written by the same guy who wrote the books, faggot. Also 1. no one going to read a journal that didn't come with the standard game. 2. If Peter O'Brien needs Eric Nylund to fix his shit mistakes then the mother fucker can't write worth a damn. 3. I shouldn't need to waste my money or time on reading a fucking journal if the game's writing wasn't shit to begin with.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.