[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: Tabata-FFXV-DLC-PC_04-09-16.jpg (35 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Tabata-FFXV-DLC-PC_04-09-16.jpg
35 KB, 600x338
>“I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed,” Tabata said. “This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use. It might not be a simple port of the console version.”

Anyone else tired of paying to beta test games?
>>
>>333761968
Paying, yes, but I rather beta test a shit load so that, after a fucking decade, we don't end up with another Duke Nukem.
>>
>>333761968
gonna need source pcuck
>>
Tabata is just talking out of his ass, if that is even real. Name one triple a jrpg that has succeeded as a pseudo exclusive version for the PC.

Square isn't retarded. That's just a dev talking dreams.
>>
File: FF phones.jpg (31 KB, 486x586) Image search: [Google]
FF phones.jpg
31 KB, 486x586
I'll be buying the PS4 release in September, but I hope this "PC version" doesn't fall into oblivion like X and XII.
>>
So basically it will never happen. SE is far too cheap to spend that much work on a single version of the game that will more than likely not sell well enough to justify it.
>>
>>333762662

>that pic

it's not even a sony exclusive you platform warring faggot
>>
File: 1406494977358.jpg (12 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1406494977358.jpg
12 KB, 250x247
>>333761968
>he outright says consoles are shit

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>333762787
Work on it for like two years, port in on PC and PS4K, and voila, instant profit.
>>
Man it's too easy to woo PC players. Lie about the port being more than a port and they lap it up errytime.
>>
>>333762662
>>333763168
Kill yourself you piece of shit
>>
>>333763080
>Work on it for like two years

Not gonna happen. Way too much time and money spent for too little gain. SE would much rather have the devs get to work on a sequel.
>>
No. When the PC version comes out years after the PS4 one I'll just pirate it or wait for $5 sales on steam when denuvo still hasn't been cracked yet. Being visually more impressive isn't worth neither the time to wait for a definitive version nor the full price tag when you already played it.
>>
>>333762996
>h-aha it's not e-even a sony exclusive!!
How can someone be so buttmad?
You literally hate it when others have fun, right?
>>
File: ripplespooks.jpg (41 KB, 494x710) Image search: [Google]
ripplespooks.jpg
41 KB, 494x710
>>333763465

How do you eve get that impression from that post? Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>333763080
He said himself, he wouldn't want it as a simple port. Even GTA5 didn't go back to the drawing board for PC. It just updated a few things like LOD improvements, grass density/render distance, shadow quality/render distance etc.
>>
>>333763465
End yourself
>>
>>333763586
Just give up.
>>
I don't even understand why people thought this wasn't eventually coming to PC in some form considering how much SE has been porting their FF games
>>
>>333763879
Because muh never ever meme.
>>
File: Baba's Revenge.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
Baba's Revenge.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>>333762884
>like X and XII

WHEN THE FUCK I WANT XII BADLY
>>
>>333764141
It's called emulator you faggot. XII runs great on the PS2 emulator.
>>
>>333764224

fuck that I want the actual game
>>
I'm getting it on September, but if a PC version comes out with more features and it plays/looks better, I'll consider buying it too.
>>
>>333764283
Your loss. An official version of FFXII "HD" probably won't even run as well as emulator, it's that good.
>>
>>333762884
The Advent Children picture looks better even if it's 10 years old .
>>
>>333761968
I'll be buying both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>333761968
How about technically developed gameplay first you immense fucking retard? Stop dicking around and fix this shit:
>auto button hold shit needs to be removed, for jumping, attacking and dodging.
>make the auto backstep not automatic
>Bind air dodging to the square button and add I-frames
>Remove auto airdodging from airsword's backflip or sidespins. It should be triggered manually
>Bind directional special attacks to target lock+direction+attack, and make them not reliant on distance to the enemy
>Fix the targetting system: direction of the stick should always take priority over the basic targetting when deciding an attack direction
>Make the target lock not lock the camera behind you
>dodging needs i-frames because sometimes attacks hit twice for no reason
>Make all moves accessible out of combat
>Fix attacks not hitting even if you're in range.
>Give attacks a fixed range instead of them automatically being pulled into the enemy
>Put a double jump on jump button, not forward dodge
>add more cancels and make certain cancels work earlier on some actions
>backfacing, or side facing attacks are useless. Give the player more control over triggering these attacks manually.
>shorten airfloat time after a dodge or attack. Only if timed perfectly should you not lose altitude
>the greatsword is too slow during the ravage state, or the backstep state
>fall damage triggers if you drop from a warppoint and attack close to the ground
>Backstep, and the followed step done by pressing dodgebutton+direction during it is affected by a momentum value. Give the player a way to build up this momentum value
>You can't combo into air greatsword after the first or third air attack of the normal sword. Fix at least the first
>Make ground attacks as responsive as air attacks: 1 attack per 1 button press with little start up frames
>remove WARP STRIKE text
>Add more weapon slots, 4 is not enough

Srsly. I'm not even a dev and I can tell what needs to be fixed.
>>
>>333767368
No one cares about your autism
>>
>square enix will never make a PC exclusive game with high hardware requirements to actually push forward the standard of gaming
>even if they did this pcbabies from reddit would whine that their midrange shit is trash now
>>
>>333761968
All I want is for them to have an option to keep current ff15 battle style, or be able to swap to a ff13 battle style.
>>
>>333769331
Which wouldn't work at all
>>
File: 1381997223816.jpg (9 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1381997223816.jpg
9 KB, 209x215
>>333769331
>or be able to swap to a ff13 battle style
>>
File: i-JKmgqGP-L.jpg (59 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
i-JKmgqGP-L.jpg
59 KB, 400x600
>spend 10 years making VsXIII/XV
>game finally finished nearing release
>but wheres muh pc version!
>spend another 5 years and millions of dollars making super duper PC version of literally the same game
>PC gamers pirate PC game
>SE loses millions, almost goes bankrupt
>development of FF16 starts in 2022
>game will be full of microtransactions to help struggling SE
>FF is dead forever

Thanks, PC.
>>
>No source
>All of these people blatantly taking the bait
baka
>>
>>333769664
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-tabata-chats-ongoing-development-dlc-plans-pc-version/
>i'm a retard please google it for me
>>
>>333769664
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-talks-potential-pc-version-summer-dlc-announcement
>>
>>333769664
I read it earlier today and bookmarked it just for an occasion like this: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-tabata-chats-ongoing-development-dlc-plans-pc-version/
Read 'em and weep, kiddo.
>>
>>333769880
>>333769886
>>333769903
Damn..well.. I have to kill myself now that Sony has finally lost..
>>
>>333769559

Why do console fags think that pirating games hurts game companies? If that were true then PC games would have stopped being a thing a long long LONG time ago. All you really need to do is go on steam and look at how many people actually own the games that they play. Most people by far pay for their games. The only time that I actually hear people complaining about piracy are people that only own consoles and probably would pirate if they could.
>>
>>333770227
>b-but sony
Everytime
The act that PC would come out one day was no secret, Square would never want to miss out on the money
It's always just a question of how many years after the console release
>>
>>333770450

Omg but they have to spend all that money developing the game for pc that they've been developing on pc this entire time and all the pirates are going to make them go bankrupt.
>>
>>333768003
>No one cares about the game mechanics of potentially the best game of this generation.
>>
>>333771818
Go away Exentryk
>>
>>333772453
Who?
>>
>>333770346
Piracy isn't guaranteed to hurt companies, but it definitely can. Knowing that, I am all for piracy. Companies should be held to a higher standard than what they currently are. In the past, an effort was made to disallow shovelware. Now it is encouraged, and given the name "indie". That isn't saying every indie game is shovelware.

Piracy is like this one thing I've heard about with locks. A lock's primary function is not to keep thieves out. Its primary function is to keep non-thieves from becoming thieves. When you get rid of locks, the temptation will cause people to become thieves when they would have otherwise been on the strait and narrow. Piracy can be a tool to combat bad company practices, but it also corrupts people into not buying a product they would have otherwise paid for. What do those extra sales do? They allow that company to make more games in the future, and possibly bigger games too. Shovelware creators like to use piracy as an excuse why they fail, and sometimes piracy brings attention and sales to a game that would have otherwise been left in the dark to whither and die. Piracy has pros and cons, but you faggots that like to abuse it are the biggest con of all.
>>
>>333762580
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/reportages/469464/final-fantasy-xv-hajime-tabata-repond-aux-a-vos-questions.htm
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-tabata-chats-ongoing-development-dlc-plans-pc-version/

>>333761968
I don't think that means anything though and I am a proud PC owner
>>
>>
File: If_I_did_It_2.png (55 KB, 300x453) Image search: [Google]
If_I_did_It_2.png
55 KB, 300x453
>>
>>333765912
Good thing you're comparing a CG movie and an in game cutscene you retarded nigger.
>>
>>333775425

lol wtf
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.