[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So speaking of protecting intellectual property, Nintendo to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Nintendo.png (437 KB, 849x470) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo.png
437 KB, 849x470
So speaking of protecting intellectual property, Nintendo took down a fan-made project honoring their game.

Any controversy or outrage?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/04/nintendo-shuts-down-fanmade-zelda-game/
>>
It's the companies IP and they can really do what every they want it with it.

Personally, I wouldn't have shut it down because they aren't selling it.
>>
>>333758920
Say it with me now

ITS OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
File: scr.png (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
184 KB, 1024x768
>>333758769
http://archive.is/2ytQ8
>>
>>333759051
It is okay. Nintendo didn't take away the original Zelda game.
>>
I own a Wii U and a 3DS, but it's this shit that really pisses me off.
And the censorship
>>
>>333758769
So is Nintendo the new Square Enix now?
>>
Just make your own game if you've got that much free time, fuck me
>>
You guys realize Nintendo HAS to do this, right?

If they don't, then if someone else makes a Zelda game and tries to sell it, and Nintendo sues, they can argue that Nintendo doesn't protect their IP by pointing to examples where they didn't take a fangame down, and the court will have to side with the scammer.
>>
>>333758769
Every company does it. But since this is Nintendo, it's not ok.
>>
People generally don't care about Nintendo fan games.
>>
>>333759272
At least you tried.
>>
>>333758769
>Nintendo doesn't like people using its IPs without their permission

Wow, how newsworthy. This is totally unprecedented and certainly worth the next barrage of Nintendoomed threads.
>>
>>333759272
This. This is the main reason so many of these projects get taken down. Companies have to show that they have taken reasonable effort to protect their IP in case there is a legitimate issue to address in the future.

The only alternative is to make like Valve did with Black Mesa and actually license the property to them, but its not reasonable for developers to throw money at everyone who wants to release a fan project.
>>
File: 1451878113097.jpg (61 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
1451878113097.jpg
61 KB, 500x573
>EA takes down trump affect
LOL KEKS THEY MAD AF LMAOOOOO
>Nintendo takes down fan project that pays tribute their shining star, Zelda
It's their IP, they have full rights to do it. The losers fault for not reading the fine print desu.
>>
It's legally within their rights as they own the IP, and the fans are benefiting in a way from using it, even if they don't sell it. Like for example, after making a fangame they go on to make another game to actually sell, which would have popularity as "from the people who made zelda fangame"

But it's still a total dick move to do it, even if it's in your rights. Nintendo always shitting on their fans as usual
>>
>>333758920
This, they aren't doing anything wrong technically, but they're being fucking dicks by taking it down. It's not even the full game, just the first 3 dungeons.
>>
>>333758769
who cares
>>
File: 1451677136883.jpg (286 KB, 654x800) Image search: [Google]
1451677136883.jpg
286 KB, 654x800
>>333758769
welp nintendoom imminent
already sold my wiiu luckily
>>
I for one feel the world is a slightly better place from having one less Zelda fangame.
>>
>>333759538
It's Nintendo that means that it's totally okay to make them out as the devil for every little thing they do
>>
File: [deathly silence].jpg (35 KB, 440x427) Image search: [Google]
[deathly silence].jpg
35 KB, 440x427
>Hey, let's report this project before we're even close to finishing it
>Oh no, we got told to take it down, how could this have happened?

Alright, here me out

What if

We announced this shit AFTER it was done
>>
>Company takes down something that infringes on their IP
>People think this is a legitimate thing to complain about

Are people really that retarded?
>WE WE'RE HONORING
Tough shit. You are producing a product that represents a game/character owned by another company.
>>
>>333759590

>EA takes down trump affect

What? I don't even remember this happening. Anyway whatever happens to that piece of shit is fine by me.
>>
>>333758769
Goddamn you are such a butthurt faggot. I know you are doing this because of Nostalrious, but this isn't even remotely similar to that.
For one, the original Zelda games still exist. Vanilla WoW does not.

There. Fuck off.
>>
>>333759976
Attention whores don't work that way. They don't care about the finished product..They care about the waves and waves of hype and circlejerking over their w.i.p.
>>
File: loz.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
loz.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>333758769
Why would anyone be outraged that Nintendo didn't let a free version of a game they're selling right now get finished?

>>333758920
>Personally, I wouldn't have shut it down because they aren't selling it.
Yes, they are.
>>
File: 1460221727211.jpg (469 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1460221727211.jpg
469 KB, 1162x850
>>333758769
>>
>>333758769
I'll never understand why people bother doing these fan games in the first place. Sucks for them i guess.
>>
>>333759760
It's still their game that people are playing for free.
>>
Half of the posts in this thread should better be shitposting.

A port of the game that can be playable for free is the main reason why Nintendo had to do something. The IP belongs to Nintendo, and is copyrighted. They violated it.

Also,
>fan-made project honoring their game.
>honoring
>stealing the game, only make it 3D, and allows it to be free, while violationg Nintendo's rights
>honoring

lol
>>
>>333758769
>WAAH WAAH WHY ISNT NINTENDO LETTING TALENTLESS SHITS PROFIT FROM THEIR IP's?

End yourself plebbitor.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.