[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty hyped for this /v/, what should i play/read/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: total_war_warhammer_screen_1.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
total_war_warhammer_screen_1.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
I'm pretty hyped for this /v/, what should i play/read/watch to understand wtf is happening?
>>
hello? /v/?
>>
was thinking of getting into warhammer games myself but have no idea where to start

have a bump OP
>>
>>333744146

yeah i thought it was like LOTR but it has vampires, something called chaos, and some other crazy shit
>>
>what should i play/read/watch to understand wtf is happening?
I mean, there's not much to understand; 5+ factions all going to war with each other, set in the world of Warhammer Fantasy.
If you haven't already, I suggest you watch this trailer, it's fun and it provides a small amount of backstory for how the empire's kinda fucked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
>>
File: 1448726390955.jpg (34 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
1448726390955.jpg
34 KB, 456x456
>>333744518

>not much to understand
>decades worth of lore out there
>>
>>333744702
You can read up on individual heroes like Karl Franz or that vampire fucker, but apart from reading the summaries for all the armies you really don't need to know any more, unless you're a lore buff.
>>
>>333744813

I do wanna know some of the lore, at least wtf is going on. Beside Karl Franz I have no idea who anyone is
>>
>>333744435
Blizzard ran the setting through a xerox machine to create Warcraft, so if you know a bit of Warcraft lore, you should be generally familiar with it.
>>
Find or download copies of the 15 army books as well as maybe the Warhammer 8th edition rulebook and Warhammer Magic Storm of Chaos. That will give you most of the lore.

Note, only 12 of the 15 got 8th edition army books before the setting died. Skaven, Bretonnia and Beastsmen/Beasts of Chaos you will want the 7th edition.

You could read the 5 large End Times source books. They're interesting, but take place after this game in the timeline.

As for novels, try the Gotrek and Felix series. There's over 10 books. Malus Darkblade 5 book series as well.
>>
>>333743603
It's medieval 40 k with magic
>>
Already pre-ordered
>>
>>333743603
you dont have to. there will be a encyclopeadia like most total war games.
>>
>>333743603

>to understand wtf is happening

Do you mean the lore or information about the game? If it's the former, then I used this guy's videos from a year back as a primer on the lore. They'll tell you as much as you want to know about any one faction in one sitting so long as you can put up with a Norske pretending to be British and the same plinky muzak for near on an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E39Ne07qo4k

Not going to spoonfeed you on the game itself. They're rolling out demos and gameplay footage left and right, so start there.
>>
>>333744702
Let be honest, the Warhammer franchise is some of the worst written trash that has ever graced god's green earth.
>>
>>333746369

>how to trigger a WH: Fantasy player, the post.
>>
>>333748137

It doesn't, really, since it's the opposite. Fantasy came first, so it's more accurate to say 40k is Fantasy in space with power armour. They weren't even subtle about it with space orks, space elves, space demons and originally space dwarfs until they were eaten by Tyranids and vanished from the setting.
>>
is this all bait ? im confused
>>
>>333743603
this is more of /tg/'s expertise
I think this game was supposed to do the End of Times, right?
>>
>>333748430

That's exactly why it does. They get salty as fuck when people call Fantasy 40k but medieval.
>>
>>333750914

>/tg/'s expertise

Maybe the lore, but this is a video game, so it goes here. /twg/ is always there if you need better opinions.

>I think this game was supposed to do the End Times

Incorrect.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.