[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't like western games much but this is honestly one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 30
File: witcher 3.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I don't like western games much but this is honestly one of the best games of the generation so far. Definetly better than Bloodborne. Do you think the goty award it got was undeserved?
>>
>slav
>western
>>
No the GOTY was rightfully earned by The Witcher 3. Although, that is not saying much considering the mediocre year of gaming that was 2015.
>>
>>333735639
yes
>>
Finished it yesterday and HOLY SHIT, what a journey.
Now to mastercraft all witcher sets for NG+ ;_;
>>
File: Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png (62 KB, 1350x625) Image search: [Google]
Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png
62 KB, 1350x625
>>333735639
>>
It was pretty shit. But the story kiddies loved it.
>>
>>333735504
witcher 3 is a fucking movie game
>>
As someone who loved both Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, I thought that the later was much better, but it's pretty obvious that the first has a wider appeal. It just worries me that games like The Last of Us and Witcher 3 are the ones that get most awarded, it seems like gameplay became a secondary aspect when it comes to vidya these days.
>>
>>333736950
this desu
>>
>>333735504
Fallout 4 is better.
>>
>>333739472
What's wrong with W3's gameplay?
>>
>>333735504
Why are there no more good AAA RPGs anymore? Why do people praise cinematic garbage?
>>
>>333735504
why did they remove those gorgeous volumetric clouds ?
>>
>>333739472
TW3 is praised because of how ambitious it was. Bloodborne might have been called dark souls 3 and nobody would have said anything, the overall gameplay and gamedesign is basically the same. You can't compare that with the differences between TW2 and TW3.
>>
>>333740007
Nothing, it just isn't as clunky and PS2-tier as Souls games, and since Souls games have the "dude lmao HARDCORE" meme attached to them they are literally the best combat games ever.
>>
>>333740039
The majority of people nowadays don't want to invest time into complex worlds, sorroundings or character progression. Simple as that. Also: mainstream gaming and consoles.
>>
>>333735639
this desu
I been saying that slavs arent europeans for ages, since I don't want those toxic EU-niggers ruining my games, but just this once slavs get to be proud of something
>>
>>333740374
consoles
always consoles
>>
>>333740604
>completely ignores slav literature and art
Oh wait, ignore is the wrong word, manchildren never heard of Russian literature or Polish classical music. Don't let the hotpockets keep you waiting.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>333740761
No I'm sure slavs have some great culture and helped shape europe towards modern civilization, and I have nothing against most cykas, besides the ones that immigrate into my country.
But any slav in any multiplayer games is always the worst player, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS the most toxic, while thinking they can speak their own language in international servers. Cykas are the Peru of EU
>>
File: 1458684057727.jpg (311 KB, 697x872) Image search: [Google]
1458684057727.jpg
311 KB, 697x872
>>333740761
this desu ne
>>
>>333740445
>Bloodborne might have been called dark souls 3 and nobody would have said anything, the overall gameplay and gamedesign is basically the same
It just proves that you haven't played the game. The gameplay definitely isn't the same and the setting isn't the same either, the game structure and design philosophy are similar but so what?Are we going to suddenly disregard all Metal Gear Solid and Legend of Zelda games just because they play somewhat similar?If we're going by that logic, the only real difference between Witcher 3 and 2 is the size/open-world aspect, because in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, setting and narrative, it plays extremely similar to its predecessor.

Most importantly, the strongest points of TW3 are story, dialogue and atmosphere, while the strongest points of Bloodborne are atmosphere and gameplay. Like I said, I love TW3 and other games with focus on story, it's just that I think a game with focus on gameplay deserves more praise.
>>
File: 1458319900370.jpg (58 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1458319900370.jpg
58 KB, 474x503
>>333740995
this too desu ne
and i say that as a polska
>>
>>333740579
Yeah anon. Souls combat is just as shit as The Witcher 3, everyone else(including people who praise the game)are wrong or baiting you into thinking that Souls have better combat.
>>
>>333741153
You speak english and acknowledge that many people hate cykas. Those are normally the most bearable ones
>>
>>333741248
*Who praise Witcher
>>
>>333740445
>ambitious
How?
It was just a slightly improved TW2 with an actual open world.
>>
>>333735504
>Definetly better than Bloodborne

Haven't played W3, but why pick out BB of all games? you baiting piece of shit

Is it better than number 2? Because I couldn't even get past the training before I stuffed it back in the "to play" list
>>
>>333741445
Because bloodborne is an overrated game.
>>
File: black dynamite.gif (2 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
black dynamite.gif
2 MB, 352x217
>play the games
>tackles a lot of social issues, like racism and discrimination
>read the books
>same x10 (POGROMS POGROMS POGROMS)
>Sapkowski is basically a civil rights advocate in spirit

>SJWs chose this series to attack

What the fuck?
>>
The combat is atrocious and needs a little work. TW3 is otherwise a fantastic game.

It's story was the best part fucking fight me
>>
File: TheWitcher3_New_Screens_04.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TheWitcher3_New_Screens_04.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>333740757
i'm so mad
>>
>>333741139
you're just twisting around my argument even though you understand my point. I think Dark souls could be considered on the same level as TW3 because it really innovates in many aspects. Bloodborne, no matter how much you turn it, it's still just a dark souls sequel. Between the two of us you're the one who's more concerned with story and atmosphere rather than gameplay and gamedesign.
>>
>>333741549
>SJWs chose this series to attack

Because he has casual sex with women, and everyone knows that's evil.
>>
>>333741532
In what sense? If someone dedicated their time to shitpost on the game, I'm not surprised they get to that conclusion
>>
Oh man, the ending I got made me mad as hell and then happy as fuck.
>>
>>333739472
I think for a sequel, an rpg, based on a series of books it's not so bad for the witcher to focus on story.

As for the last of us, as a third person action game and a new IP it has no excuse.
>>
File: 1456511390606.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456511390606.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>333742320
Geralt names the sword Swallow in her memory, then fucking gives it to her
>>
>>333741853
So are you just gonna ignore my first point about Bloodborne not being a rehash like you're implying?The fact that the combat is faster, the mechanics are very different and the setting is different bears no significance to you?But on another note, you think that the Witcher 3 is completely different just because it's open-world?
>>
>>333742320
I wonder how the bad ending made people feel.
>>
>>333742850
probably bad
>>
>>333742850
Honestly the empress ending feels bad too : it comes out of nowhere.
It's like the good ending was reversed
>>
>>333742548
you're telling me, like I didn't know, that bloodborne plays faster and its setting is different from dark souls. No, I did not bother responding to that. And don't put words in my mouth, I never said it was a rehash, but I've been talking about ambition and innovation since my first post. TW3 takes TW2's basic structure and story and try to reinvent every aspect, as well as add a lot of new things. Bloodborne takes the general Dark souls structure and tries to apply it to new ideas.
>>
i honestly don't get why everyone adores the witcher games so much. the world doesn't feel nearly as mysterious and detailed as the souls worlds do, and while the combat maybe bit more "complex" i feel like it is achieved through dumb shit like the spells and the dodge mashing, where as dark souls is the perfect amount of simple, but still challenging in the harder situations you might find yourself in. also witcher boss fights really suck.

every time i have tried to play one, i usually end up playing for 2 or 3 hours, getting bored, then just never playing again. i'm not trolling i just want to know what about it people like.
>>
>>333743361
Witcher is like watching a movie
Souls is like wandering into the woods

Both things can be fun as fuck
>>
>>333742320
the best thing about that ending is that the spoilers worked against themselves in this case. Everyone knew there was a ciri dying ending, but since most of us didn't know the specifics we got genuinely surprised by the epilogue.
>>
>>333743195
The empress ending WAS set up - but in the books, so it's understandable that people feel this way about it.
The whole thing about who will succeed the throne is prevalent in those books, and not really a focus in the third game, from what I can recall.
>>
>>333735504
I want Polish people to leave my /v/.
>>
>>333743361
I like it as the world feels familiar, the pseudo medieval setting. The characters are fleshed out with clear motives, objectives and character progression.

The story is interesting enough to keep me invested plus the different organisations and over arching world is captivating to me. Stuff like how witchers are made, the squirrels guerrilla war against humans. The racism against Elves and Dwarfs. It's just fun

Plus I'm a Polack and get the glorious voice acting
>>
File: 1402033175039.webm (3 MB, 904x374) Image search: [Google]
1402033175039.webm
3 MB, 904x374
>>333741824
>>
File: e9iEukU[1].png (152 KB, 859x508) Image search: [Google]
e9iEukU[1].png
152 KB, 859x508
>>333743361
>mysterious and detailed as the souls worlds do
the world in Souls is non existent, the mysterious aspect is devs being vague on purpose. Just because you watch vaatividya spouting fan theory's doesn't mean the world/lore is deep or mysterious. It simply isn't there.

>where as dark souls is the perfect amount of simple,
DaS combat is needlessly convoluted, with special attacks, annoying weapon weight, stats that don't make sense, stupid mechanics like kicking... when all you need to do to win every encounter is circle strafe and backstab

Witcher 3 combat is perfectly balanced. You have a huge open world where you need to get from point A to point B most of the time. Spending 2-3 minutes per encounter ala Souls is unrealistic considering the scale of the Witcher games. Combat with single, and even multiple enemies is over in the span of 30 seconds. You're literally comparing apples to oranges. Dark Souls main selling point is its combat system, which is trumped by Witcher 3, a game where combat isn't the main focus.

tl;dr
your precious souls games have shit world building and narrative, and even poorer gameplay/combat. I know it sucks to be perpetually looked over when superior games are released in the same year but Witcher 3 is nearly a perfect game, and the flaws you see in it are also found in a much less ambitious game, like Dark Souls/2/BB.
>>
File: 1453847268976.jpg (70 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1453847268976.jpg
70 KB, 592x592
>>333735504
Almost done with it and I feel as if its been one of the most highly overrated games in existence. The game play is bland and the bosses pose literally no threat if your at a high enough level and have gotten a hang of the controls. Witcher contracts feel like the exact same thing every time with their "follow the trail of x to this area then kill the y" format. I have felt almost zero attachment to any of the characters what so ever even after reading the books, which are by the way nothing more than mediocre fantasy novels. The world is fucking empty with nothing interesting to do besides adding to your horde of bullshit. Frankly id give it a 6/10.
>>
>>333735504
The witcher 3 encompasses everytjing I hate about modern RPGs.
>>
>>333735504
It's literally one of the worst games ever made and the only reason people here are defending it is simply because assblasted PCtards are happy that Bloodborne didn't win.
>>
>>333735504
I feel the same about W3 as I do about Bethesda games. They're fun to dick about in for a while but there's little real substance there.
>>
File: 1410187493864.jpg (70 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1410187493864.jpg
70 KB, 479x720
>>333744583
>>
>>333744494
>>333744583
>>333744676
samefag
>>
When W3 got GOTY I had only played around 5 hours of it and thought BB was a lot better. I still think that BB has less outright problems than W3, but W3 attempts so much more with it's writing and quest design that it absolutely deserved GOTY.

I've been more engrossed in almost every side quest I've come across than I have been in the main storyline for almost any game, it's incredible how much is in W3.
>>
>>333740757
The game wouldn't be possible without consoles. Also toasters. If 90% of PC users have toasters you make the game so 90% of these users can play the game otherwise you get "SHIT PORT REEEE" and "THIS GAME IS TRASH TBQH I CANT REACH 90 FPS" and "GAME CANT RUN ON MY PEEECEEE REEEEEEEFUND"

Witcher 3 is beautiful as it is and it's a miracle that it runs so well. You should be happy instead of stroking your sony hateboner.
>>
>>333744775
Are you serious?
>>
>>333744368
>DaS combat is needlessly convoluted, with special attacks, annoying weapon weight, stats that don't make sense, stupid mechanics like kicking

No one who has a passing knowledge of souls games can even be triggered by this, it's just blatantly wrong. I think W3 is better than BB but the combat is nowhere near as good. The only thing that W3 gets right about combat is preparation, the combat itself is serviceable at best.
>>
>game where you pick a witcher school and create your own character NEVER
>game that's basically just contracts without an "omg so epic" story NEVER
>>
>>333744893
Are you?
>>
>>333745105
Yes. I put it on the same level as Bethesda games. At best it's presented more competently in terms of graphics and particularly animations, but it's not particularly a better game. The world is pretty boring compared to any number of games, including Souls.
>>
>>333740579
Because Dark Souls has actual variation and weight to its combat, like a real ARPG should. My options on how to play Witcher 3 are extremely limited, I only have one type of weapon and 5 different signs to choose from, whereas only one of them is useful(Please don't mention fucking bombs because they're as useful as the items that you can throw in Souls games). While in Dark Souls I've tons of different weapons with different movesets to choose from, different builds, the choice of playing with magic or without magic, playing with shield or without shield and so on, my character and playstation are customizable and affect the gameplay, combat of the game in a real way(Again, like a ARPG should), whereas TW3 plays like a AC game where you're extremely limited on how you approach enemies and it makes no difference anyway because the combat is piss easy.

I could stop here but variation isn't the only thing that the witchers combat lacks, it also lacks weight, feel or any kind of thing to make it memorable. There's a reason why people say that every roll, defense and attack in Souls games count and that every battle is memorable in some way, while The Witcher feels like a clunky spam fest. First, I can easily stun lock enemies with fast attack and continue to do so until they die( which is very tempting because enemies are sponges on harder difficulties)because the game has no stamina, the AI is garbage and the mechanics are flawed from the get go. Second, even without all its flaws, the combat just doesn't feel good, it feels and looks generic, no different from a slightly improved version of AC. I really can't remember even one memorable battle in that game, really. And it isn't even because of all the reasons I mentioned above, even with variation, good animations and better AI the combat would still be shit because the core mechanics are naturally shit.

But go on,
>>
>>333745339
ok
>>
>>333745045
you can't circle-strafe cheese every encounter in witcher 3

>>333745403
>Witcher 3's combat isn't like Dark Souls combat: the post
Why isn't a superhuman trained to cut people in 2 winding his sword back for 3 seconds to swing? FUCKING TRASH DaS GOTY.
>>
Monster Hunter and Souls are both better games that are vaguely of W3's ilk.
>>
>>333744368
>special attacks
>convoluted
>annoying stats

this is exactly why the games have so much replayability. the way you play the game with a rapier is going to be totally different than the way you play the game with a halberd. this difference will make certain things harder or easier. its amazing that in a system as simple as light attack, heavy attack, roll, block, parry you can get such varying gameplay from it.

combat in the probably 20+ witcher hours i have played has been completely static and rarely challenging because its clear that the majority of the combat situations weren't crafted to be difficult and interesting, but rather "hey lets just place a group of enemies in this generic terrain". the only thing that was even remotely challenging or non-static about combat in the witcher was making sure you had the items you needed for fights, which is more of a strategy thing than anything else.

there are none of those notoriously gay and difficult areas in any witcher game like the channeler+hollows right under the bell gargoyles or the wheel skeletons in the tunnel by tomb of giants.
>>
>>333745534
>>Witcher 3's combat isn't like Dark Souls combat: the post
>Why isn't a superhuman trained to cut people in 2 winding his sword back for 3 seconds to swing? FUCKING TRASH DaS GOTY.
Top strawman
>>
>>333735945
Don't worry it's fun and cool to do the quests for the diagrams and the crafting isn't too bad
>>
>>333745549
You forgot Dragon's Dogma.
>>
File: tmp_7982-images(22)537465.jpg (9 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7982-images(22)537465.jpg
9 KB, 500x246
>>333741824
You do realize that if they left graphics as they were, it would become the second Crysis 1, nobody would be able to play it and it would bomb harder that TORtanic right?
>>
Oh boy, time for ass hurt.
>>
It was ok but I didn't get hooked. Trouble is I don't have hours on end to play anymore. Plus I hated 2 so have no idea what the story was. 3 was a return to form somewhat though.
>>
>>333745797
Then they probably shouldn't have shown them as they were, should they? You really can't justify bullshots f.am, let's not even try.
>>
>>333745084
>>game that's basically just contracts without an "omg so epic" story NEVER
But that's like 70% of the game.
>>
>>333743361
I fell you anon. I can really only play witcher for like 2 hours max before i get insanely bored and dont pick it up for another month.

Too much story. And as this is my first wither game, i dont really give a shit about these characters. Bloody baron quest with the witches was alright i guess but even then that was kind of boring.
>>
>>333735504
I've tried to play this game several times and I just can't get into it. The combat isn't interesting, the story isn't interesting, the characters aren't interesting, the world seems huge and empty with lots of expanses of nothing but repetitive wilderness

I have no idea what people see in it. Maybe it gets better after the first few hours but I just can't get passed that. It's like hitting a wall for me
>>
>>333735504
Nope... not one bit. Fine taste you've got there OP.
>>
>>333745534
>you can't circle-strafe cheese every encounter in witcher 3
Why would you need that when you can cheese LITERALLY every enemy in the game by casting Quen, spamming fast attack and rolling when it's necessary?Witcher on the harder mode should be called Quen Spam:Sponge edition. Not only the battles are easy even on the highest difficult, as they are the very definition of boredom because the combat plays like shit and monsters have infinity HP.
>>
>>333746183
Hey Tomasz.
>>
>>333746136
And those 70% were fun as fuck!
>>
>>333741139
Your argument is Bloodborne is more different from Souls than W3 is from W2? Soulsfags are the worst
>>
>>333745608
none of that matters

everyone circle strafes and backstabs

whoa, this weapon takes 2 seconds to wind up instead of 3! Now that's variety!
>>
>>333741445
he's an angry PCuck or Xbot
>>
>>333746273
Infinite*
>>
>>333745984
>You really can't justify bullshots

>show actual game footage
>GAME LOOKS LIKE SHIT PREORDER CANCELED REEEEEEEEE

You graphics whores are what is killing the industry.
>>
>>333746315
I never implied that, work on your reading comprehension skills.
>>
>>333746314
I agree.
The main story is decent, but I always liked the side quests in the witcher more since many of them are basically like the short stories in the books. Also why I'm liking the expansions, since that's basically just an expanded short story, without the boring ass wild hunt.
>>
@@@SOULSFAGS PLEASE READ THIS@@@

Are you going to let your sense of accomplishment of beating a poorly designed game overshadow the fact that people only like Souls because it's poorly designed? The sense of accomplishment you get from defeating an artificially difficult encounter tends to make people forget the poor design and gameplay.

feeling good about killing a big bad =/= good combat and gameplay
>>
>>333745984
I wish developers wouldn't use them but it's understandable why they do, the industry is very competitive and gameplay and other aspects of a game don't always translate well in screenshots or footage.
>>
>>333744368
Now listen here. I think that the Witcher 3 is the greatest game ever made. But you shouldn't neglect the Soulsborne series in such a crude manner. Bloodborne is a masterpiece and hands down the definitive PS4 exclusive this gen. Each have their own place.
>>
>>333735504
Witcher 3 and Inquisition being GOTY is really telling of how bad AAA RPGs are now.
>>
>>333746315
Bloodborne is more different from Souls than Witcher 3 is from Witcher 2. The only real difference between Witcher 2 and 3 is that 2 is an unplayable piece of shit that focuses entirely on narrative and graphics, while Witcher 3 is an open world version with better graphics and slightly better combat.
>>
>>333744368
>the world in Souls is non existent
Stop reading right here. You've to be a complete idiot to say this.
>>
>>333746180
>Maybe it gets better after the first few hours
did you try not skipping your medication ? also, characters and voice acting are way above average from the first few minutes
>>
File: 1452443449425.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1452443449425.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>333745403
>(Please don't mention fucking bombs because they're as useful as the items that you can throw in Souls games)

Confirmed for never having heard of Northern Wind.
>>
Why do CDPR fags constantly compare Witcher to DaS/BB? Witcher 3 is for the same audience that plays Dragon Age and TLOU and Skyrim. Bloodborne is for the audience who grew up with PSX/PS2 games and want that old-school feel. They're nothing alike. Stop with this sperginess.
>>
>Witcher 3 thread
>Souls games get more mentioned than Witcher
>The people who bring up Souls games in the first place are Witcher 3 fags
EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Why Witcher babies are so fucking insecure?Just accept that people dislike the combat of the game and stop trying to shift focus to Souls whenever someone bring that up.
>>
File: 1343576416772.gif (546 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1343576416772.gif
546 KB, 256x192
>The Witcher goes main stream
>People ass blasted that tw3 won GOTY, which is meaningless but doesn't stop it
>People complaining about the combat, which is a fair point but really doesn't deserve all the shit it gets compared to other less popular games where /v/ gladly ignores it
>The witcher general is an autistic shithole only frequented by one or two waifu posters who scared everyone else away

We're never going to have comfy witcher threads again, are we?
>>
>>333746608
>giant hellspawn demon 6x bigger than you imbued with fiendish magic
>roll around and slap his toe until he dies
You just don't get it anon, Souls games are a whole new experience.
>>
>>333747028
>>333747083
So much this.
>>
>>333735504
It was decent, a little to many cutscenes though. And the combat was pretty meh, still enjoyed it thou
>>
>>333745403
I agree with everything you said but
>my character and playstation are customizable
I get you meant playstyle here?
>>
I'm interested in the Witcher series. I tried the first game but it was literal dogshit. Should I just start with the third?
>>
>>333747028
It's neofags/sonyfags mostly

they're still butthurt a multiplat game won over their beloved exclusive

I can live with the fact that DaS games are inferior to open world RPG's, but they can't.
>>
>>333747083
People always complained about Soulsfags but honestly, I'd say that the hatebase for the game is becoming more annoying than its fanbase on /v/.
>>
>>333747827
>they're still butthurt a multiplat game won over their beloved exclusive
Not butthurt at all, I bought both games and the DLC for both games.
>I can live with the fact that DaS games are inferior to open world RPG's, but they can't.
Being open world does not make a game good. Witcher 3 is probably the best open world RPG yet but that doesn't mean a lot when most are shitty Bethesda games.
>>
>>333748061
> most are shitty Bethesda games
confirmed for knowing nothing about RPGs
>>
>>333735504
Gotra love how OP tries to casually toss in bloodborne in to his post like it meant shit.

Your game isnt that good sonypony, stop trying to fucking shill in every thread.
>>
File: 1459818777985.jpg (24 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1459818777985.jpg
24 KB, 184x184
>>333735504
Blood and Wine fucking when?
>>
>>333748201
name your top 5 open world RPGs
>>
>>333747827
Open-world games are the very definition of quantity over quality and the fact that you prefer them over a tightly designed games shows how shallow you're.
>>
>>333748268
June most like, maybe May.
>>
>getting cockblocked in a Witcher game

I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>333748280
He'll probably name some nostalgia bait with garbage gameplay like gothic.
>>
>>333748448
That's what I'm expecting, most open world RPGs have dogshit mechanics which is why Skyrim and Witcher 3 are so beloved.
>>
>>333748323
I think Gothic 1 and 2 were a good balance of quantity and quality. Everything in those games were handcrafted and you can play the entire game without ever using a map because of landmarks and unique locations. Nowadays it's all just massive procedurally generated landmasses with MMO style quests sprinkled all over the place.
>>
>>333747827
Why would Sonyfags care? They get both games? It's always the BB whining in Witcher threads. You fuckers are so insecure about your shitty Polack game you can't even talk about this game without a superiority complex.

Meanwhile nobody gives a shit about Witcher in BB/DaS/DD threads.
>>
>>333748323
Witcher 3 is the first open world RPG to circumvent the quantity over quality bit
>>
>>333748280
M&M 6
Gothic2 + NOTR
Divine Divinity
Daggerfall
Last one is a toss up between Ultima 7 and Deathlord

name your top 5, which will be damn near impossible considering you think most are Bethesda games and the rest are Witcher
>>
>>333748691
Sonyfags only care about their exclusives. When UC4 hits, watch them shit up every non Uncharted TPS game thread.

Sonyfags are mentally ill and need to go back.
>>
>>333748698
It has good dialogue and graphics and thats it, don't pretend it has gameplay, it's just that the quests are good.
>>
>>333748916
Is M&M6 worth playing if you're not a big fan of blobbers?
>>
>>333748947
It's funny because witcher fags are always the first ones to mention Souls games. Every time someone criticizes the combat in their shit game, the first thing they do is bring Souls games to the table.
>>
Remember when you knew every nook and cranny in a game?
It's awesome how big games are getting.
>>
File: shlyuka.jpg (44 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
shlyuka.jpg
44 KB, 500x368
>>333748448
>>333748634
Stay peasant
>>
>>333748947
Alright Mr Paranoia man. I'm sure there's a conspiracy to get your Witcher game.

Even though Witcher sold most copies on PS4 and therefore has the biggest fanbase on PS4. But keep spin and deflect like you'll do. I'm sure some idiot will fall for it.
>>
>>333748916
Not him, but daggerfall is worse than skyrim you fucker, stop with this nostalgia shit.
>>
>>333748916
the newest game on your list is like 13 years old, get the fuck out
>>
>>333749024
Yes. Everything about that game is excellent.
>>
File: CDPR_W3_VGA15_GOTY.jpg (79 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
CDPR_W3_VGA15_GOTY.jpg
79 KB, 800x400
>>333735714
>Although, that is not saying much considering the mediocre year of gaming that was 2015.

Not really for RPGs, though. 2014 was the pits for the genre as evident by the fact Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY.
>>
>>333735504
>one of the best games
It's not a game, it's a soap opera.
>>
>LAMBERT, YOU'RE A GENIUS
>>
>>333749097
alright sonygger

You have to go back.

to Neogaf
>>333748916
damn brah. You're an epic CRPG classic GAMER! your bros over at RPGCodex will probably upboat your superior taste in games!
>>
>>333749135
So in 2024 dark Souls will be bad. Gotcha.
>>
>>333749176
Have you played the Avernum games?
>>
>>333735504
The game is terrible. The combat, controls, and animation are just awful. Every quest is some detective shit.
>>
>>333749269
>>333748280
Again, name your top 5 open world RPGs. Still waiting.
>>
>>333749395
There is not good open world RPG, all the ones i have played are crap.
>>
>>333748698
I'll agree with you that's better than most open-worlds games in this aspect, but still suffers from of many problems that comes with the genre.

Another open-world that I would say that circumvents the quantity over quality bit is Dragon's Dogma.
>>
File: 132132312.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
132132312.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>333748916
>Daggerfall
>>
>>333749291
Never got into them, heard good things though. In the backlog right now.
>>
>>333749497
dragon's dogma is so fucking bad

/v/ is so fucking shit

you guys seriously need to stop being so contrarian
>>
>>333735504
t. Michal Kozłowski
>>
>>333749497
Dragon's Dogma was shallow as fuck
>>
>>333749497
Dragons dogma is bad.
>>
>>333749624
>neo-/v/ hates one of the greatest non-casual games ever made in the entire history of video gaming

why the fuck am i even still here?
>>
>>333749694
>Contrarian
Dragon's Dogma is beloved everywhere on the internet you shit eater.
>>
File: 1428353052866.jpg (282 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428353052866.jpg
282 KB, 1000x1000
>>333749825
>>333749804
>>333749694
How can people live with such garbage taste?
>>
File: cindy-1088x300.jpg (42 KB, 1088x300) Image search: [Google]
cindy-1088x300.jpg
42 KB, 1088x300
>It's another cocky CDPR drones invite everyone to shitpost their Polack Ass Creed episode
>>
File: CDPR_Iwinski.jpg (89 KB, 1022x434) Image search: [Google]
CDPR_Iwinski.jpg
89 KB, 1022x434
Get well soon, Marcin.
>>
>>333749825
>>333749804
>>333749694
>3 consecutive replies saying similar things, with none of them explaining their point
Samefag
>>
>>333750140
>Ubisoft wants to steal some things for the next AC

I'm totally ok with that
>>
>>333750293
Is this your first time in a Witcher thread? CDPR drones will say any RPG is shit. They think Witcher 3 is the greatest achievement of mankind when in truth it's just a painfully average action adventure.
>>
>>333750102
You tell me anon. It's a glorified hack&slash with MMO tier quests. I didn't see any quantity other than a variety of items or very much quality.
>>
>>333735504
Nice bait.
Everyone know W3 is some casual shit.
>>
>>333750298
It's like that movie where everyone's mouths are sewed to other people's assholes and they keep eating each others shit.
>>
Witcher 3 is trash
>poor characters
>poor animations
>poor combat
>downgrade
>weak story
>follow the yellow scent quests
>all the quests seem to play out the same
>Mary Sue characters
>poor writing

Why does this game get praised?
>>
File: laughing burrito man.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing burrito man.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>333750421
A glorified hack&slash is preferrable over a glorified Ass Creed rip-off.

Don't believe me? The devs themselves admitted they just stole Ass Creed and BamHam's cancerous combat. And you shiteaters actually defend it because it has the CDPR logo on it.
>>
>>333750241
>the light in his eyes replaced by insanity

Poor man
>>
>>333750529
Because of its writing, story, and characters
Disagree all you want, no one cares
>>
>>333750652
I don't like the Witcher 3 either. I played DD longer than W3 though.
>>
>>333750421
Except that the combat is actually good, the skills are satisfactory to use, and boss battles are memorable. It's basically the only open-world game with a combat that isn't complete dogshit, but please, continue to think that your glorified book is good.
>>
File: not assassin's creed.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not assassin's creed.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
THIS IS ORIGINAL AND HARDCORE GAME DESIGN

PLEASE BUY THIS GAME

AND ALSO SEASON PASS

WE ARE NOT UBISOFT WE LOVE HARDCORE GAMERS!!
>>
jesus christ Radovid, watch the edge
>>
>>333749281
I'm not saying those games are bad jackass, you are simply proving my point that open world RPGs are generally shit since you didn't name a single one from this decade, most of yours aren't even from this millennium.

There's nothing inherently wrong with open world RPGs, the problem is most studios making them don't give a shit about gameplay or their budget is simply spread too thin.
>>
>>333750293
Muh same fag

It felt like a singe player mmo and I hated it. The combat did nothing, the world did nothing, the story did nothing, the graphics were bad.
>>
>>333750898
>Single player MMO
>Dragon's dogma
Are you high?This comparison makes literally no sense to me.

>The combat did nothing, the world did nothing, the story did nothing, the graphics were bad.
And you did nothing with this useless post.
>>
>>333750881
All the games he mentioned are either mediocre, outdated or plain bad anyway. He just used old games because he knew few people played them.
>>
>>333750881
Could have nipped that in the bud by clearly stating MODERN in your original post. But I'm the jackass for not reading your mind. Well played
>>
You guys do realize that this thread was started as a flase flag, right? It couldn't have been more obvious. And now the shitposting about the Witcher continues on. Damn we are approaching a year of it.
>>
>>333751084
Don't bother replying to those posts senpai. You're only wasting your time. Dragon's Dogma has a lively community several years after its release. People still talk about the gameplay and find new things. Meanwhile Witcher 3 had the same run any western AAA does, overhyped and quickly extinguished. These threads are the only times you see people talking about this game. Because the only value it has is the value given to it by clueless reviewers and zealot fanboys.
>>
>>333751224
Pleb detected.
For the last time, name your top 5 open world RPGs.
>>
>>333740604
Slav/Slaven came from slava. Slava means glory.
Or, in case it were, slovo, which means letter (as in
a symbol, letter). Germanics are called Mutes in
all Slavic languages because they were considered
illiterate mutes back then.
>>
Ursine armor = best armor
>>
>>333735504
Witcher 3 is the epitome of most things wrong with modern AAA games,it's goty award is significant as any other years goty award: not very much.
>>
>>333744059

>that water in the trailer
>those mermaids that we never got in the game

I AM SO FUCKING MAD
>>
>>333751493
Those mermaids were the sirens we got.
>>
>>333750804
assassin's creed doesn't have witcher vision besides a couple of very scripted events. witcher vision is a lot more prevalent

there's nothing inherently wrong with witcher vision

the only complaint is that it is too prevalent and holds your hand

since the game was, at this point, a wolrdwide release from a popular franchise, no shit they're going to make the game supper accessible

The game never claimed to be hardcore or super complex, even TW1 was super easy, just a tad convoluted.

kill yourself shitposter
>>
>3rd person action game
>journalists awards

yep sound about right

adults don't play it, though
>>
>>333751593

No, remember, there's this part where Geralt is sailing his little boat and a mermaid is just casually passing him by, showing off her tits and all.
>>
>>333740604
That's cute considering if it wasn't for southern Slavs a good chunk of Europe might be speaking Turkish at this point. It's convenient to forget they literally held the frontline for centuries.
>>
>>333751269
We're in a thread about The Witcher 3 where it's being compared to Bloodborne. Both are games released in 2015. Why the fuck would we be talking about games that are old enough to drive?
>>
>>333735504
>I don't like western games

kill yourself traitor
>>
>>333751382
Who said I like open-world games?See >>333748323
>>
>>333751718
Yeah but we still got that in the Sirens. Tits and all while they are in their human form.
>>
>>333751484
>Witcher 3 is the epitome of most things wrong with modern AAA games
yeah, a world filled to the brim with sidequests. every single one with a peculiar and interesting backstory.

oh but, there's also optional content that isn't as interesting, like every single POI on water, and the loot system is shit, therefore the first thing I mentioned goes off by the wayside

i just hope shitposters would get their act together, this is just silly
>>
File: AC1_Eagle_Vision.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC1_Eagle_Vision.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>333751652
>assassin's creed doesn't have witcher vision besides a couple of very scripted events.

Nigga, you forgot about Eagle Vision or something? It's been in the series since literally the first game.
>>
>>333751704
So what games do adults play?
>>
File: 1418879143552.png (473 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1418879143552.png
473 KB, 660x720
Can we please give rest to this BB vs Witcher shitposting already? I know that some CDPR fans relished in how hard Bioware dropped the ball but From Soft won't do that. You won't have your moment of triumph as you did against Bioware. Stop obsessing over a game you have no intention of playing because you somehow fool yourself into thinking it's your "rival" game. If anything, you should be devoted to shitting on western AAA's that have completely stagnated the medium and turned it into an oligopoly of annual games. That's the far greater threat to CDPR than some Japanese devs that make niche games for niche players.

This whole thing reminds me of the retardation when Persona and FF fanboys are having shitflinging contests when both series are dependant on each other in order to penetrate the mainstream market.
>>
>>333751994
Candy Crush.
>>
>>333735504
Honestly think it was well deserved. If anything it deserved something for that soundtrack. Also the developers are pretty based
>>
Cant i like both tho?
>>
>>333735504
>this generation
console plebs ruining video games
>>
File: witcher 3 mod.jpg (241 KB, 1168x876) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 mod.jpg
241 KB, 1168x876
>>333752121
They were based before they went full jew with Witcher 3. Now they operate like any AAA publisher.
>>
>>333739472
I completely agree. Both were good but gameplay > story
>>
File: goty awards matter.png (2 MB, 1041x1170) Image search: [Google]
goty awards matter.png
2 MB, 1041x1170
Good game, shit combat, definitely not GOTY.

but GOTY awards are shitty anyway, who cares?
>>
>>333751285
This is the clear difference between a game that people like because of the gameplay and one that people like because of its story, the first will always be remembered and discussed for much more time than the later.
>>
>>333740007
It's too easy and lacks depth.
As you would expect of a formerly good RPG series (Witcher 1) being turned into a casual action game.
>>
Can't wait for the new FF to show cdpr how to properly do a open world rpg. The tears of the cdrones are going to be great as they see how shut their game truly is.
>>
>>333751484
>you're a shitposter if you have something negative to say
>you're a shill if you have something positive to say
>>
>>333752289
Nice shoop. I'm saving it.
>>
Both BB and TW3 are 9/10 games, but gameplay > story so BB is better.
>>
>>333752252
I don't think anyone that actually played both hates the Witcher 3. I liked the game a lot actually and the DLC but Bloodborne is just much tighter mechanically, which is why I like it more.

Story and narrative in a game is fine, but if the game isn't that much fun to play I won't come back to it after beating it. I've replayed Bloodborne, the DLC, and the chalice dungeons multiple times because the gameplay is great.
>>
>>333752427
Witcher 1 was the worst in the series but of course this being /v/ it was the best.
>>
I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND. I got to the Keira Metz quest and I haven't made any significant progress in this game for 3 months now. I just can't force myself to play it. Characters and story didn't hook me up (and yes, I did read the books) , combat is atrocious and voiceacting is cringe tier.

>GERALT CO TO YEST
>>
>>333752025
It happens because fans get insecure whenever someone criticize the games they like, and instead of trying to defend their own game they think it's more effective to shift the focus to another game that they consider their ''rival'' for some reason.
>>
>>333752660
Why do you think it had a cult following that allowed CD Projekt RED to become popular despite being an obscure polish game with very little production values and marketing? Because it was actually good.
With Witcher 2 they started the casualization to make money rather than a good game; they did it even more with Witcher 3. They themselves admitted to it.
>>
>>333752797
>poster count didn't go up
>acts like this is his first post in the thread

Nice.
>>
File: 1460185080335.gif (989 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1460185080335.gif
989 KB, 392x500
>>333752025
Yui poster is right.
>>
>>333752876
The witcher 1 had a cult following do to the bookfags.
>>
>>333743342

I don't understand what the fuck this nigger is getting at. hes basically saying "i like witcher 3 because its like witcher 2 but bloodborne is dark souls because its like dark souls therefore no innovation or ambition!!!!!!!"

bloodborne is quite possibly the most stylistic and atmospheric game I've ever played. Not a single in-game asset was just thrown in there for the sake of volume (an argument I can't make for TW3 and its infuriating foraging system). the level of attention to detail and design would cement the game as one of the more ambitious projects of this decade so far. i dunno if I can say the same about TW3, since I haven't finished it, but christ that game bored the shit out of me.
>>
>>333752970
Yeah, it isn't. I'm against The Witcher 3 because I can't find any reason why I'd want to play it.

Here you fucking go. I think it's a good game, but I don't know why it's praised so much. I'd probably enjoy it if I didn't have 50+ more interesting games on my backlog.
>>333752289
>>
>>333752876
/v/ logic:
Witcher 1 was popular because it was good
Witcher 3 was popular because it was a casual shit game
>>
>>333753128
No. No one ever cared about this teenage fantasy, the game is way superior to the books.
>>
>>333753459
there is a difference between being popular despite being an obscure game and being popular because it's heavily marketed and casualized.
>>
>>333753459
>333753459
Witcher 1 was popular because it was the first game based on extremely popular (in Europe) book series.
>>
What sword looks best in Witcher 3?
>>
>>333753205
Like some anon said above, reviewers and casuals care far more about story, dialogue, graphics and a big world to run around than they care about good gameplay, well crafted mechanics or level design. Hence why games like DA:I, The Last of Us, GTA V and Red Dead Redemption get so much praise.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>333740587
>he fell for the meme
>>
>>333753461
>I Know nothing of the series

The game literally takes the plotline and plot points from the books and waters them down or quite literally reuses them and yes that's literally what happened. The characters themselves are also less complex. The first game became a cult game due to the fans of the books. It wasn't until The witcher 2 that it broke out of the shadow and started to sell really well in parts outside of eastern Europe.
>>
>>333753726
those books were not popular, and still aren't.
>>
>>333753139
>hes basically saying "i like witcher 3 because its like witcher 2
you have some fucked up reading comprehension skills
>>
>>333752317
The original Mass Effect is still remembered by everyone, you really think that's because of its great gameplay?
>>
>>333754337
Yes they were in Poland and Eastern Europe.
>>
>>333754565
clearly you're not Polish
>>
>>333752215
I know right! How dare they ask money for 2 top quality expansion packs, fucking jews!!!
>>
>>333755112
>current year
>CDPR shills still pushing the "it's not DLC it's an expansion!" narrative
>>
>>333755068
Literally KAŻDY KURWA CZŁONEK MOJEJ RODZINY ZNA TE JEBANE KSIĄŻKI, WIĘC NIE PIERDOL. NIGDY NIE SPOTKAŁEM NIKOGO KTO BY NIE ZNAŁ WIEDŹMINA.

Everyone in Poland knows the Witcher, you dumb faggot.
>>
Other than the somewhat bad combat it's seriously a great game.
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>333735504
>Better than Bloodborne
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.