[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (324 KB, 613x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324 KB, 613x331
So is this any good?
>>
I thought it was pretty cool. It feels unique.
>>
Was literally just playing it on Wii U. It's okay for survival horror, but your most commonly-used weapon (cricket bat) controls like ass. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it takes on average 4-5 hits to kill anything with it. Also, an opportunity to shove off zombies that grab you, even if difficult to pull off, would be nice. Finally, the loading times can ruin the atmosphere and experience - imagine being surrounded by zombies, trying to through a door, only to be held back by the next area taking too long to load in.

That said, the very low price it goes for and neat idea it has for a minor multiplayer mode make this worth checking out nonetheless.
>>
The original was better
>>
>>333726187
Fuck no. The port removed literally every saving grace Zombi U had.

>>333726679
You're silly. He's not even asking about the Wii U version. "Zombi" is the shitty port where they removed all the immersive gamepad and multiplayer features.
>>
>>333726796
Didn't know the port was so gimped, thought they'd be the same just replacing the gamepad with menus on the TV screen.
>>
It's okay? Feels a little cheap and pointless, like it's the same thing over and over just in an attempt to kill and frustrate you. Every time you complete any kind of objective the prick on the pad just yells out "A HORDE IS COMING WATCH OUT M8" and then 20 dudes rush at you. Less of a difficulty kinda thing and more of an obnoxiousness thing.
>>
its free on ps4 for the month so download it and try it out if you have a ps4
>>
>>333726938
>thought they'd be the same just replacing the gamepad with menus on the TV screen.
Obviously that's what they did. But The gamepad was literally part of why the game was fun. Menus aren't the same. Nothing is the same. Zombi U is only fun because it's on Wii U.
>>
>>333726187
This is one of the few fucking games that made the wii u pad a cool thing.

Don't know what the port did tho.
>>
>>333727040
>ps+
>free
>>
>>333726938
In the Wii U version to do anything in the menu you have to look away from the screen to look at the game pad. The game does not pause during this. This makes the game incredibly tense.
That can't really translate to the ports.
>>
File: Zombi_box.jpg (39 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Zombi_box.jpg
39 KB, 480x600
Does anyone else remember the original zombi?
>>
>>333727087
Eh, it'd be a bit different but I wouldn't say being without a gamepad would kill the experience, although it would be much less unique without it - it can be pressuring to be looking at the gamepad screen to manage your backpack and suddenly hear a zombie, then hurriedly back out of there.

Did they really remove the multiplayer? What about the aspect where some zombies are zombified online players?

>>333727307
Oh shit really? I thought it'd be like an overlay menu to retain that aspect. Would suck without that imo
>>
>>333726970
>he didn't stock on grenades, mines, or molotov cocktails
Do you even survival bro?
>>
>>333727087

>Only fun because it's on Wii U

get that cock out of your mouth the game isn't that great

The starting pistol claims to be some high power thing but looks like it fires .17 HMR shit, zombies are stupid easy to kill with the bat anyway, the spread on the mounted machine gun is fucking ridiculous

I couldn't get very far because of how god damn mediocre it is
>>
>>333727458
>I wouldn't say being without a gamepad would kill the experience
I would. The whole game is built around the conceit that you're carrying that special survival computer thing with a motion sensor etc. The tension would be half as thick without the radar pinging in your lap. Not to mention stuff like aiming scoped weapons using the gyro.

>>333727602
>The starting pistol claims to be some high power thing
No it doesn't.
> zombies are stupid easy to kill with the bat anyway
I'm not seeing your point yet
>the spread on the mounted machine gun is fucking ridiculous
Yeah, I'm not seeing any coherent arguments. Just a whiny shitposter
>I couldn't get very far because of how god damn mediocre it is
Mediocrity has nothing to do with your pants-on-head retardation.
>>
>>333727571
>stock
They really didn't give you enough space for this shit. It's odd, the game wants you to focus on survival and picking shit up but I was throwing away medkits eventually because I wanted to stock up on bullets, and even then I had to start throwing those away
>>
>>333727861
>They really didn't give you enough space for this shit
The game is more about what you choose to bring and what you equip to your quickslots than it is about raw resource management. Though if you fuck up badly and lose a major weapon, that can be a huge blow.
>>
>>333726187

Oddly enough, yes. It's just no one had a WiiU when it came out.

When they released it for the PC it came and went very very quietly. But it does a good job at the zombie survival thing.
>>
>>333727602
I'm >>333726679

The start is too frustrating and tedious, but it picks up better after you get the upgraded scanner thing that gives you an active radar (I'm assuming the port still has that), and you start to accumulate weapons and grenades/molotovs. I think it's an outright lie to say the bat is easy for kills, it's a weak and slow PoS (which is kind of the point, so you need to scavenge better weapons), but again maybe the port changed that.

>>333727861
I didn't really experience that issue too much early on, I focused on bullets and healing items, the throwables and mines weren't as priority early-game anyway. You get a backpack upgrade later anyway.
>>
>>333727938
You only need a cross bow and a few grenades, there really isn't a need to carefully plan your inventory.
>>
>>333728114
>You only need a cross bow
Crossbow is great as your bread and butter but it's not what you want during a crisis or other tight moment.
> there really isn't a need to carefully plan your inventory.
Yes there is. You always need a flare+molotov/grenade on hand to cope with hordes. You also need ammo for your handgun, and sufficient medkits.

There's plenty to manage. It's like you never played Survival mode.
>>
>>333727735

L9A1 is a browning hi-power pistol made in the 1930s. The game really should've had a glock as the starting pistol as this model was phased out anyway. The model looks stupid tiny and more closely resembles an airsoft gun.

Why even give the player a pistol when the bat is the go to weapon for everything? The enemies get knocked back by it, there's no stamina bar or anything limiting how much you can use it, and you can get headshots with it easily.

Do you know why the spread is ridiculous? The first sniper rifles were mounted MGs with scopes attached. Those things are ridiculously accurate in real life and giving them a ridiculous 70 degree spread when you keep firing is nonsense.

Let's not get into the "horror flashlight" this game has going on. I don't know why games do this, but with how commonplace LED flashlights, maglites, and cellphones are I'd figure they'd start giving us flashlights that fucking WORK in videogames.
>>
Buy dying light
>>
>>333728510
>L9A1 is a browning hi-power pistol made in the 1930s
Literally irrelevant. This isn't fucking ARMA.
>Why even give the player a pistol when the bat is the go to weapon for everything?
Because the pistol kills them faster and is safer. In a game where every enemy is capable of insta-killing you, you're gonna want some safer options.
>Do you know why the spread is ridiculous?
No, I literally don't fucking care. It's a fucking zombie survival game. Not America's Army
>>
>>333728510
Most of your complaints boil down to "muh realism" in a game where you're in nonexistent hidden bunkers throughout London and even in Buckingham fucking Palace with an underground vault/science research area in it; plus I'm pretty sure zombies don't exist.

I'm not sure you played the game, or at least not much of it, as if you have a crowd of zombies the bat isn't going ro help - you'll have to use a ranged weapon, and in such case the pistol is very useful.
>>
Game sucks.
>>
Moving around feels clunky as shit
>>
>>333728336
I already said you'd want grenades. Zombies are so sparse in this game that you'll experience a horde maybe once per outing, meaning you'll either find another grenade or can just head back to the safe house to pick up more. Although in hind sight I did always leave the safehouse with at least one large medkit around with me.

All my deaths are from turning around and cricket batting explosive zombies like a retard.
>>
>>333729116
>Zombies are so sparse in this game that you'll experience a horde maybe once per outing
Yes, but that's why you NEED your flares/bombs to cope.
> meaning you'll either find another grenade
Possibly but not certain.
>or can just head back to the safe house to pick up more
And be vulnerable for that time. Getting caught without enough flares is a really bad situation.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.