[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Regretted Purchases I played it for about 8 hours and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 1460163166384.jpg (299 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
1460163166384.jpg
299 KB, 753x1060
ITT: Regretted Purchases

I played it for about 8 hours and I haven't touched in two weeks nor do I have any desire to. It's just so repetitive and boring,I can't believe I wasted €60 on this shit.
>>
>>333719287
Anything wii u related except for Bayo 2 and W101
>>
>>333719287
Pokemon Ultimate Ninja Storm not doing it for you senpai?
>>
File: 1459406743072.gif (1 MB, 495x341) Image search: [Google]
1459406743072.gif
1 MB, 495x341
>>333719287
the fucking wii u itself. i dont even play the thing anymore and the last time it saw any use is when i accidentally spilled pop on the floor and i cleaned up the splash off the wii u. i wish i was fucking kidding.
>>
>>333719287
I'm in the same boat. I hate how the combat is purely focused around hard reads and guessing. No neutral game or footsies whatsoever to speak of, so it just causes frustration when I counter instead of jab, and then get juggled for 70% of my health in one combo. It's not just not fun at all.

But the funny thing is, I like fighting games. I don't mind getting carried from one side of the arena to the other in SF or GG, but in Pokken it just feels so damn cheap. Like I'm not getting wrecked SOLELY because the other player is that many levels above me, I'm getting wrecked because even the most basic combos in this game will chunk your health down to zero with hardly any effort from the other player. It's not a good feeling. I wish I bought Mario Maker instead.
>>
Hey you get what you pay for. When you abstract fighting game mechanics to a level that simple shit will get boring fast.
>>
>>333719287
I regret buying super mystery dungeon
I mean it was fun but after i beat it it just sucked out all my will to continue playing, and paying 60 ausbongs for 17 hours left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>333719287

Says more about you than the game because there are demos available.
>>
>>333719287
the wii u
>>
>>333719287
>buying a fighting game without a friend to skirm with

Monster Hunter Tri(Hard) Ultimate, is my regret. Put about 10 hours in, still don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong when I face something that the game says I can kill, but I defs can't. CBF grinding gear and it seems like that's alot of wot the game is aboot.
>>
>>333719850

>I'm bad

no need for that wall of text m8.
>>
>>333720032
I had the same thing happen to me, except I pirated it and finished it 3 months before it actually released in Australia. I might go back to it, though.
>>
>>333719850
A lot of people seem to be getting the feeling that doubling all health values would probably make the game feel better.
>>
Cs go on the 360. It's one of the first games I've bought where I actually wanted my money back. Laggy piece of broken shit. Valve are one of the worst developers out there. They are incapable of making console games. Everything they release is unfinished trash
>>
>>333720145
Honestly? Git gud You don't need fancy equipment to beat anything in the main story.
>>
File: ghoul.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
ghoul.png
1 MB, 640x960
>>333720032
WHY CAN'T THEY JUST USE THE EoS FORMULA WITH A DIFFERENT PLOT
>>
>>333720227

Those people are terrible and have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>333720032
Currently playing it, what made you not want to continue playing? Lack of post game content?
>>
>>333720185
>Three lines is now a wall of text
Nowhere in my post did I say that I was good at ANY fighting game, only that losing in Pokken feels more unfun and frustrating than losing in another fighting game.

>>333720227
Yeah, for real. Either do this, or add a Tag Switching mechanic and the game would feel SO MUCH more honest. I get that everything shits out absurd amounts of damage because it's mirroring the traditional games, but it's just not fun to play.
>>
>>333720558
>or add a Tag Switching mechanic

Gotta save it for the Pokken Tag Tournament sequel.
>>
>>333720558
Tag switching would be pretty shit for pokken, right now.
>>
>>333720405
I wont go into details and spoil it for you but the last two hours of the game is packed with the dumbest fucking shit ive ever experienced in a game and it just fucking drags on
Just sucked out my will to play it, and the postgame is pretty boring
>>
File: image.png (524 KB, 433x595) Image search: [Google]
image.png
524 KB, 433x595
This huge piece of shit was really my first wake-up call of how Ninty was going down the tubes, made me feel like a retard for Day 1 buying. Well Mario 3D World too, but I never bought that, just played it at a pal's.
Color Trash is really what broke me for buying any Nintendo games, and that junk's not even out yet. NX better be great, else I'm just gonna quit vidya.
>>
>>333719368
How about SSB4 its not as good as brawl though
>>
File: Pokken in a nutshell.webm (1 MB, 770x574) Image search: [Google]
Pokken in a nutshell.webm
1 MB, 770x574
>>333719287
>buying a fighting game when you're not into fighters
>>
>>333724346
Why.
>>
> it's a Nintendo bashing thread
>>
>>333724453
probably just a fan of pokemon and thought that would be enough to engage him in a fighter

i know that's what i thought
>>
>>333720558
So you're bad and it's the games fault?
>>
Basing a fighter off of reads and easily heavy damage confirms is a mistake but thats the least of this game worries. Zoning is extremely strong since when you zone you don't have to really guess and more react to AA,punish or block. So while everybody is playing RPS and trying to get in zoners are playing a more traditional game.

This game is not fun to play and is barely engaging.
>>
File: cain hi-res.png (451 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
cain hi-res.png
451 KB, 5000x5000
Daily reminder that this dull trash will be on EVO's grand stage.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 436x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 436x719
>>333725548
>mfw SFV draws in more numbers
>mfw butthurt Jokken players damage control
>mfw Sm4sh surpasses Melee and MKX gets 5 entrants and 10 viewers
>>
File: shit.png (100 KB, 250x411) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
100 KB, 250x411
>just bought pokken

maybe i'll force myself to play at least 40 hours to make my purchase worth it
>>
Bloodborne

I played it for about 3 hours and I haven't touched it in two month nor do I have any desire to. It's just so repetitive and boring,I can't believe I wasted €60 on this shit
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.