[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Zelda cycle real? Does it apply to any other game series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is the Zelda cycle real? Does it apply to any other game series?
>>
If I remember correctly Skyward didn't get the same treatment, that shit has been pretty fucking divisive since release.
>>
File: 282l3l0_zpstb6ub83f.png (10 KB, 555x303) Image search: [Google]
282l3l0_zpstb6ub83f.png
10 KB, 555x303
there needs to be a cycle for Super Smash Bros, in terms of whatever controversial characters joins the roster.
>>
If anything it's the /v/ cycle and not exclusive to zelda. In reality though people always have differing opinions and people who want to believe in the cycle are just looking for opinions that support the cycle while discarding ones that go against it.
>>
Yes this is applicable for every 3D Zelda

Except maybe Skyward Sword, a lot of people shit on that from launch
>>
>>333713959
you just made that picture.
>>
>>333715305
Zelda fanbase is pretty shitty anywhere on the internet, though. The cycle may be wrong but the fanbase is full of "variety sucks, [favorite game] is way better than these, why Nintendo can't just copy-paste this one game forever? It is the true essence of Zelda games!" faggots.
>>
>>333713959
Thats our current situation with Skyward Sword, calling it a cycle would be dumb as hell since its only happened once
>>
>>333714102
Only on /v/, I remember all around the internet prasing it like hell, even putting it in GOTY place, and SS was released the same year Skyrim did.
>>
No, there is no actual Zelda cycle.

What happens is called hype backlash (people finally accept that the Aonuma dreck they played is not an actual good game) followed by hipsterism (pretending to like things that are actually terrible).
>>
>>333717249
Here's your (you)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.