[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls III with Steam Controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Steam-Controller.png (118 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Steam-Controller.png
118 KB, 636x358
Why do they advertise Dark Souls 3 with such a shitty controller bundle?

I challenge anyone to beat the game with this p.o.s. controller.

Wait no I don't, because I don't want anything to spend their shekkels on this irredeemable piece of shit.
>>
>>333712075

Someone needs to git gud.
>>
>>333712075

I really want one but my 360 controller still works great.
>>
>>333713265
Same. I want one after trying it, but I can't justify the cost when my DS4 does the same thing with it's touchpad while looking nicer.
>>
I just want to try one to see if it's any good but none of the shops have them out for demoing, like they do with console stuff.
>>
>>333713337
Yep. Would definitely recommend it if someone was trying to decide what controller to buy, but I don't recommend wasting money.

Also >>333712075 I've almost beaten DaS1 with that controller. Moving the camera with the touchpad while running feels quite good.
>>
Im loving my steam pad.
Only took me a week or so before i was fragging kids, better control than a 360 pad and WAY more customizable
>>
Are people trolling in this thread or is the steam controller legit good? I'm getting a steam link in my living room and I was considering getting a steam controller to go with it.
>>
The controller isn't bad its just that every fucking person on this planet has a different controller already thet works just fin
>>
File: SC 1.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
SC 1.jpg
696 KB, 1920x1280
I bought a SC a few days before that bundle.

Best controller I've used.

>>333714773
Does it beat m/kb in shooters? No. But it does a damn good job for single player ones, same for co-op shooters.

Also It works wonders on Third person shooters as well.

The track pad is fucking nice. Yes the haptic feedback is also fucking nice
>>
>>333714964
Thank I really just want it to play games on my couch. Literally any games but first person shooters. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.
>>
File: KF2 Steam Controller.jpg (1 MB, 3780x2028) Image search: [Google]
KF2 Steam Controller.jpg
1 MB, 3780x2028
>>333715116
If you decide to get it there is a learning curve, and also a bit with the settings. After you get past that you won't want to switch to another controller.

Unless it's a fighting game or some shit. But who actually uses a controller for those
>>
>>333715116
Look up woodsie on jewtube after you have it. His videos can help quite a lot in learning the controller.
>>
>>333714079
Ask them
>>
>>333715214
We need something like this but for DSIII.
>>
>>333716804
I'll make one once it comes out. I've already been using the controller on DS1 and I find it great.
>>
>>333712075
So you don't have the controller yet you are shitting on it and saying it is no good to play Dark Souls with?

You truly are fucking dense.
>>
>>333716795
Ask for what? Very few game/computer stores have display pcs running games. It either console booths, prop pc cases or monitors hooked up to some tv channel or demo video.

Even if they had a controller unboxed, there'd be nothing to try it on.
>>
>>333714773
It's a beast for any game but fps. It works well for them but kb/m is just superior.

Fuck I played WoW halfway ok with it.
>>
>>333716925
Nice.
>>
I bought this thing as a joke.

Tried it with Witcher 3. Only config that feels right also breaks the game and tanks the framerate by 30 because it tricks the game into constantly switching between "mouse" and "keyboard".

Dropped it right there. I'm just going to assume neither of them ever even fixed that.
>>
>>333712075
I've beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 with this controller.

In fact, Steam Controller is pretty good for any action third person game.
>>
>>333717620
That's because of the game itself. Valve themselves have said that it is added code and not lack of support that causes games to not support simultaneous m+kb and gamepad. That added code is usually to prevent interference, ie. you play with the pad and accidentally flick your mouse. Then again in witchers case, I have no idea what causes this
>>
>>333717620 http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt#Stutter_while_using_a_controller here i googled the fix
>>
>>333712075
>I have never used a steam controller and love shit posting on 4channel
>>
>>333712075
I played ds1 with k&m, and ds2 with a gamepad.
I really hope ds3 will be playable with k7m cause I've lost my wireless usb thing for it and I'm not sure if I can find a new one.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
Finished Dark Souls 1 and 2 on my steam controller desu
>>
>>333718706
>k7m
>>
>>333719164
>keyboard and 7 mice
my god
>>
>>333719164
How long does the whipping take on the controllers in the UK? Might order one on Monday if there is next day shipping.
>>
>>333712075
>Why
Because all the Souls games suck on keyboard, so they're trying to sell controllers. What about that seems strange or unusual to you?
>>
>>333712075

That controller does look pretty bad desu. Why not just use an xbox 360 controller?
>>
File: readImage.jpg (229 KB, 1600x1150) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
229 KB, 1600x1150
>>333716378
>have to learn a controller
you anons are not nice, trolling that other anon with this dogshit controller
>>
>>333712075
The controller works just fine, git gud, faggot. It's not our fault you can't use a controller.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.