[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A choice that isn't really a choice if you have a brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: gta-v-wallpaper-8.jpg (210 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gta-v-wallpaper-8.jpg
210 KB, 1280x720
So obviously I'm way behind the curve, but I noticed GTA 5in my library and decided, fuck it, I own it, may as well finish it.

So I did.

So why the fuck would anybody pick anything but Deathwish? Hm, what should I do, kill one of my player characters that I've spent the whole game getting to know, or kill a bunch of NPCs, all of whom have been enormous fucking pricks and begging to get killed the whole time?

I also killed that retarded psychiatrist. Well, not so much killed him so much as wrecked his car then chased him on foot until the dumbshit got run over by a car. Fuckwit.

Obvious choices in vidya thread I guess.
>>
>spoiler tags
Everyone and their mum played it already
also, yes it's a non-choice
>>
I was so happy that I was given the option to kill Trevor.
>>
I killed Michael just for being such a fucking pussy the whole game and not killing his cunt family. I'd rather go back to silent Claude over middle aged whiney literal cuck
>>
File: claude speed.jpg (69 KB, 515x472) Image search: [Google]
claude speed.jpg
69 KB, 515x472
>>333698585
>>
I'm fucking retarded and genuinely thought you had to choose A or B. After I murdered Trevor, I found out that I could've saved them both.
>>
Well its set up to make you think Franklin will die if you pick deathwish.
>>
>>333697607
Even if people were stupid enough to think that suicide would actually kill Franklin, why wouldn't you choose that option?
Who's life do you think is more valuable? A white one or a black one?
>>
>>333698585
Fuck you. Michael is the best GTA protagonist so far.
>>
>>333698939
*Tommy vercetti ftfy
>>
>>333698816
This, it's why I chose it
>>
>>333699141
Thanks. I wanted to edit my comment, but I don't have those permissions yet at my userlevel.
>>
>>333697607
>everyone thinks like me
>>
>>333699205
>>>/reddit/>>>
>>
>>333699257
I think your link is broken, it's not working.
>>
>>333699205
>he doesn't have a gold account
just spend the money and get it over with you cheap fuck
>>
>>333698816
I have absolutely no idea how that would be the conclusion.

Franklin was being offered a reward based on who he killed, it wasn't a case of "hurr kill this guy or else I kill you" or else there wouldn't have been a choice of one or the other.

In any case going down with your niggas is vastly preferable to being a bitch traitor.
>>
>>333699346
I'd rather spend my money on video games.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1076x1102) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1076x1102
>>333699257
> >>>/reddit/>>>
>3 arrows after sendaway link
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>333699470
>>333699257

>>>/r/eddit you newfags
>>
>>333698939
Fucking how? Claude speed is the best. Pure story of revenge. No bullshit pseudo emotional baggage about dead mom's, dead partners, dead family ties. It's all a fucking joke. Better than any fat sack of shit worried about aarp or some dindu nuffin deciding to work for the fucking government (which is somehow a plot thrown in 3 of the fucking games)
>>
>>333699423
>He buys video games
>>
>>333700043
>he pays for exclusive images, no post cooldown and no captchas
>>
>>333699242
The game doesn't really require you to think about it at all, though. You're given a choice to kill a playable character, or kill some assholes.
I think the variety there is nice, but it's purposeless.
>>
File: 1367312082606.png (489 KB, 656x425) Image search: [Google]
1367312082606.png
489 KB, 656x425
What's retarded is that Trevor is incredibly unlikable, unfunny, super fucking annoying, murders an actually likable character (johnny), looks retarded, won't shut the fuck up with his dumbass voice during gameplay- and then the game says "WOW HOW COULD YOU WANT HIM DEAD!??!?!? FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T GET THE POST-GAME CONTENT BECAUSE YOU CHOSE THE WRONG ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Like, fuck you rockstar. Don't tell me I picked wrong. If you don't like that ending then you shouldn't have fucking put it there for me to pick.
>>
>>333697607
The choices don't really make any sense. Rockstar sucks.
>>
>>333700646
Fuck Trevor

Almost ruined the game for me
>>
>>333700646
>johnny
>likeable
>>
>>333697607
>not killing trevor
>>
>>333698585
I was so dissapointed when he didnt pull out a gun the second he noticed Jimmy.
>>
What I want to know is why couldn't I kill both of them and take all their shit?
>>
>>333705546
this
>>
Because Michaels annoying as fuck
>>
I would have preferred it if "Deathwish" was a Franklin suicide mission rather than the only choice that makes sense that way one of the three has to die.
>>
>>333697607
>touching Gta V
>>
>>333705546
Exactly, that's what an actual nigger would do. This game is so unrealistic.
>>
I never understood the deathwish option in GTA 5, like, why didn't they kill those asswipes earlier in the game. They literally get away with every murder they commit whether it be a Strip Club owner or a member of PMCs or the FIB. It makes zero sense why they would hold out until the end.
>>
>>333700646

>"likable character (johnny)"

It's like /v/ skipped The Lost & Damned. The protagonist from Chinatown Wars was more likable.
>>
>>333711119
He was a bit of an asshole stealing Ray's money, but Brian and Billy fucked up the club and he was the only based member left. He was basically holding the club out and his world went to shit, he was okay in the end.
>>
>>333697607
My theory is that there was never meant to be an end game choice, but it was pushed by the producers during development cause its a popular thing to have.

I think the real ending would have been Franklin killing Micheal cause he double-crosses him. You know, father killing son, patricide, the whole modern greek tragedy thing.

If you pick that choice(I haven't but I've watched it on YT) the whole game makes much more sense and gives a real narrative punch.
>>
>>333713689
>father killing son
son killing the father*
>>
>>333713689
From the early concept art pre-release I get the impression that the canon was deathwish. Makes sense since anything else would kill the post-game. That being said I agree that story-wise killing Michael makes for the best end.
>>
>>333715241
>>333713689

makes sense. the whole story was leading to f killing Michael. the whole protege shtick,trevors cautionary warnings about michael, and the fact that michael had something to fight/snitch for in the end (he made up with his family, was in the movie business)
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.