[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Engineers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
On sale for 7.50, what does /v/ think?
>>
It's great if you like that sort of game.
>>
It's fun. Just wish there was a resource for the scripting language, so I had a clue what the ins and outs of the blocks are.
>>
>>333694347
What sort of game is that? I love kerbal space program.

The physics look pretty shite in space engineers though from what I've seen
>>
>>333694806
Think less KSP, and more Minecraft.
It's a sandbox game, so there are no real goals other than what you set for yourself, and there is a heavy focus on mining and refining materials, and crafting them into components used for building.
Building space ships is really fun though. It has quite a bit of depth in that area.
>>
>>333694806
Considering that most ships are made from dozens of separate parts, I'd say the physics are pretty decent. Server lag can factor in too.
>>
File: 1459275434057.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459275434057.png
21 KB, 500x500
>doing tutorials, not badly made
>energy tutorial is bugged
>can't skip them
Who the fuck designed this shit? It's apparently been a known bug for at least 6 months now as well.
>>
>>333695148
You can't even get into orbit dude
>>
>>333695490
Yeah, because there's a max speed on all objects for physics reasons. They said they're working on it.
>>
>>333693923
good game, unplayable since they added planets
>>
>>333695847
Stop playing on a toaster.
>>
>>333695847
Fps issues?
>>
If you're planning to get it for multiplayer building I don't recommend getting it yet. If you just want to fuck around building shit it's good.
>>
What's really the point of this game? What do you even do?
>>
>>333696062
It still runs like shit on a high end machine. It's not a bad game either way.
>>
>>333696983
Build space ships and space stations.
>>
>>333696983
Mine shit, build shit and invent better shit to do that shit.

Like, rather than spend all day chipping at rock with a handdrill, you can construct a mining ship to do it faster. There's even programming to automate things. It's basically lego.

There are also pvp servers, so it's not just resource gathering but building ships that can fight.
>>
>>333697527
How is the pvp?

It doesn't seem like dayz where I can go around and pissing people off. If I could ram people's crafts and kill people and piss people off id instant buy
>>
>>333697285
confirmed for bullshit.
4690k @ 4.8 and 980ti
45-90 fps on planets
120-144 in space
>>
Fun for about 3 hours, then its boring.
Actual resource collection yields no gratification and takes entirely too long and too much resources to do, so everything ends up being a creative clusterfuck, and there's only so much you can do with that.
>>
>>333698452
You pretty much confirmed his words.
>>
>>333698187
I'm sure you could do that but most ships have automated turrets and rocket launchers, so you would need a lot of resources to build something that could tank it. Something that would take a while to do alone.
>>
>>333693923
Minecraft in Space: Less Autism Edition.
>>
I have 544 hours in this game. I can recommend it. Its worth 7.50
>>
Literally unplayable.

The performance is horrible. I hope that they fix the performance issues, because the game is really nice.
>>
Any /v/ servers?
>>
File: Dank Base.webm (106 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Dank Base.webm
106 KB, 640x360
DUDE
>>
>>333699410
I will be playing solo that is a problem?
>>
Would be better if it weren't full of so many horrid horrid bugs.

That being said it is the only early access title I've bothered to purchase and it is fun with friends.
>>
This fucking game has been in early access for nearly 3 god damn years.
>>
>>333699621
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>333699840
Depends what you mean by "solo". If it's single player then you're safe unless the map you load contains npc enemies or pre-made drones that randomly spawn and attack players.

If you mean going alone on multiplayer, you're probably going to take a long time, even if you're good at building ships. Finding the right ore for some blocks is a bitch sometimes.
>>
>>333702913
If I played singeplayer I would want the Pirates on, otherwise it would be kind of boring no?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.