[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PoE Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: poe.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
Okay /v/, I'm about to start playing PoE for the second time. My first attempt was a few months ago and I didn't get far, couldn't get into it, mainly because I reached the castle part (playing on hard) and got bored of getting slaughtered.

So I want to try again and this time I'm determined to do better. I'm not an experienced player with this sort of game but I think I can hold my own with a bit of practice and more patience.

Advice needed on what build to go for, what to level up first, anything I should really absolutely do in the early game, etc, etc. Also, does the game get more or less interesting the further you get?

Much appreciated.
>>
>>333693845
Get as much deflection, fortitude, reflex and will as possible. Nothing else in the game actually matters.

If those get in the hundrets you can solo steamroll the game because only a handful of enemies can even hurt you at this point.

Cipher is OP as fuck, melee wizard has highest single target dps in game, barbarian is best group dps glass cannon.
>>
>>333693845
>I reached the castle part (playing on hard) and got bored of getting slaughtered.
If you got bored that quickly while playing on hard then maybe you should play on easy mode? the combat is less tedious that way and you can enjoy the story and characters
as for class go for some spellcaster druid, cipher or mage
>>
>>333694516
I'm too proud to play on easy, though I'll probably start on normal and bump it up and down from hard as required. I'm in it for the story and RP mainly.

For this reason, going Cipher is sounding good if it's OP.
>>
>>333695064
yes go for ranged ciper
wood elf 18 might, int, per and dex
use some good bows or firearms
>>
>>333695064
Get whipser of treson for a level 1 fast cast charm that works on basically every enemy in the game.
Antipathetic field for one of the best dps abilities in the game at level 1. Enjoy the easy ride.
>>
Is this game as bad as rpgcodex says it is?
>>
>>333696524
yes it's the worst game ever
>>
When beating the game on Trial of Iron, I used a fully custom party + sagani, running

2hand tanky war (defensive stance+improved defensive stance, feats used also to specialize with estocs) Player char fire godlike, as fire godlikes have improved damage reduction

1h/shield tanky war (Same build, but axes), Dwarf, because I like dwarves

Priest, dedicated to backlining with a crossbow and healing/buffing

Max damage druid, dwarf. Max str, high int, huge AOE damage.

Dwarf thief, max STR, high dex. Arqebus. Huge sneak attacks.

On all of my damage chars, I got bloody slaughter feat ASAP (playerchar, druid, thief, sagani)

For all characters that will be attacking as part of their main damage, specialize heavily in to a weapon group. Estocs, hunting bows, hammers, and axes are my favorites.

Abuse chokepoints and spec your tanks so they can engage extra opponents

More damage = more damage reduction overcome = more hits that do damage

More accuracy means more crits

Ideally, only my two fighters ever took melee hits

Focus ranged fire on squishy targets; casters, rogues, druids, priests, etc
>>
>>333694473

Didn't cipher became shit in 3.0?
>>
>>333696524
>listening to RPGCodex about games

They are the most autistic people I've ever seen. They hate pretty much everything Post-1990.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.