[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic Attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dark souls.png (573 KB, 481x504) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.png
573 KB, 481x504
Is this the single most bullshit fucking thing about this game?
>bosses that have 2 different magic attacks
>one is on their radius
>other is on your radius
>literally impossible to dodge or block
>huge radius
>others have a magic projectile attack, ie LITERALLY 100% YOU TAKE HUGE DAMAGE

what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Have you tried rolling?
>>
Get good and don't lock onto bosses.
>>
typical /vg/ gamers lol
>>
>>333693358
i think i am reasonably good, but some magic attacks are literally 100% impossible to block (like the ceaseless discharge one), and others are nearly impossible
>>
>>333693980
Just have to roll
>>
>>333693980
Dark Souls tries really hard to make it the world feel real. Take a few seconds to think...
>blocking skeleton sword attacks = success
>blocking superhuman strength from Capra Demon's downward swing = eh....
>blocking GIANT FUCKING TENTACLE MONSTER SWIPES + A DISCHARGE FROM THE FIERY PITS OF HELL = take a guess

Hope this helps and keep rollin' nigga.
>blocking
>>
Yes, some fights can have nearly unavoidable damage. You know why? Because it's a challenge. HP is just another resource you have to manage, like stamina. It's still possible to survive and defeat them, you just need to heal before you take the fight to them again and make sure you don't get fucked up to the point where you don't have enough hp to withstand those attacks. In other words, git gud.
>>
>>333693980
No attack, I repeat, not attack is 100% impossible to dodge, block, or avoid entirely. There is always some method.
You just need to practice and think more, change up your strategy. Don't blame the game, that will not lead you to improve yourself. When thousands of people have beaten this game and you have not clearly the problem is you and not the game, so change things up.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 295x378
It's bullshit yeah but it's at least sensible bullshit. They only do those attacks when you set them up to use them through creating a certain amount of distance, performing a certain action that leaves you vulnerable or put yourself in a corner where you can't dodge.

It's all about situational awareness. If an attack can't be avoided, simply don't trigger it.
>>
>>333693289
>>333694062
>>333694296
fucking rolling is my main defense, faggots, i'm good at it. SOME ATTACKS ARE JUST BULLSHIT like the ranged magic attacks from the ceaseless discharge who is only easy when you just stand in 1 spot. if you die, when you come back he's already aggro and you will take at least 1 ranged magic attack no matter what, 90% of the time it's 2..

also
>don't lock onto bosses
kek thx that was great advice, just beat the boss i was at
>>
The game does have some bullshit attacks like Ceaseless Discharge in general.

Otherwise, magic resistant shields are great. Rolling is always the best option though.
>>
>>333694736
1. You are just trying really hard to start a Dark Souls thread,
or
2. You seriously suck at video games. Go back to Runescape.
>>
>>333695032
1. You just pulled a theory out of your ass
or
2. You just pulled a theory even further out your ass

We all know dark souls has BULLSHIT, like any other vidya, which is what I was talking about, hoping someone would give me some REAL advice. I actually got that advice (don't lock on), and it worked.

thanks for contributing, cancer
>>
>>333695768
I've fought all the bosses.
I've died many times to about all of them.
I've dodged every attack successfully.
Only advice I can give is dodge at different times to find the timing or ditch the armor and gain more if.
>>
>>333696308
jesus, it's not about the rolling. i have 25% weight, i can dodge properly. go play the game again and tell me how well dodging the ranged magic attacks goes. go fight the 2nd asylum demon, for example, and tell me how well you can roll away from his magic attacks (i'm not saying you can't avoid these attacks, he becomes mildly easy once you know how to cheese him and run away from the magic attacks when you have enough time and stamina), or go to the ceaseless discharge without standing on the cheese spot and see how well you dodge his magic attack.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.