[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 'hitman: absolution' any good or is it the pile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 460x215
Is 'hitman: absolution' any good or is it the pile of shit I expect it will be?

It was only 7 bucks either way
>>
It's a good shooter, not a very good Hitman game.
>>
>>333692523
I don't know that I'd call it a good shooter, but it is a good stealth game.

We are in agreement that it's not a good Hitman game, though it has its moments.
>>
It's garbage.
The majority of the levels are get-from-A-to-B missions that are blatantly just filler.
It's probably worth $7 though if you're a fan of the franchise
>>
first non-marketer hitman thread i've seen on /v/ in over a month.

Fuck im tired of "you hyped for the new missions???"
>>
S H I T M A N
>>
>>333692434
I liked the first chinatown mission. Thought the rest of the game would be more of the same. It wasn't. There's basically only one way to complete each mission and you have to follow a linear path with checkpoints which is bullshit.

Reminded me more of a Tom Clancy game than Hitman.

Lots of different weapons and ways to kill people though which is entertaining for a bit.
>>
Every Hitman game is very good if you have the patience to play them slowly and methodically.

If you decide it's a shootem'up for even a moment then you've lost what they're worth.
>>
I liked it, solid stealth game. Play and enjoy, well worth 7$ imo.
>>
>>333692646
DmC: DmC is worth $7 if you're a fan of the franchise
DOOM is worth $7 if you're a fan of the franchise
>>
>>333692749
>>333692646
>>333692604

Basically this, wouldn't call it 'garbage' but for a Hitman game it is garbage
There is no way to complete missions without killing a minimum of 9001 enemies. I want missions where you only kill 1 person, the target. It seems like in this game there aren't even targets, it's more get from A to B and kill everyone in your path.
>>
It's fun to go around the levels shooting everyone, the shotgun in the first levels is really fun and feels powerful.

As a hitman game its utter trash though.
>>
>>333692676
>non-marketer

When will this shill meme end?
Why would anyone adverise their game at this shithole of a board?
>>
>>333692523
>>333692604
So it's 'Deus Ex: Skinhead Revolution'?
>>
>>333692749
That's what I was afraid of. From what I could tell from the couple of level playthroughs I watched back when it came out there didn't seem to be the same kind of freedom the previous hitman games had
>>
>>333692434
For $7 it's okay linear tps. Shit hitman game, tho.
Also, you could get the whole hitman package with all 5 games for just 9.99 on sale.
>>
>>333692434
never played hitman before, i liked it, it wasn't great and the story though it was smarter than it actually was but it wasn't horroble overrall pretty decent, however i understand most hitman fans find it disapointing so you might not like it if youre a hitman super fan
>>
>>333692896
>Fallout 4 is worth $7 if you're a fan of the franchise
>>
>>333692970
It happens way more than you would expect.
>>
>>333692434
I never finished it. I got bored.
OR maybe I'm just getting older losing patience at sneaking missions?
>>
File: Hitman Absolution Deus Ex DLC.png (402 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Hitman Absolution Deus Ex DLC.png
402 KB, 615x409
>>333692975
>>
Why did the police think 47 killed that maid if the hotel blew up before anyone could get a look at her? And why do they devote so many policemen to lookibg for 47 afterwards?
>>
>>333692975

You enterpret in in how you play it.

I mean, it sounds morbid but all of the Hitman games are pretty good in that they have multiple options to encounter and end the target. Escape is a different story.
>>
HE WRESTLES A GIANT TO DEATH IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AND TAKES OFF HIS MASK TO TALK TO HIM BEFORE HE DIES
>>
>>333693092
Yeah, saw the DLCs kek, so we play Ben now
>>
>>333693114
the first one is a mistery, especially becaue they had no way of knowing a maid had died unless the texan guy called the cops but he wanted to kill hitman with the explotion, also the cops follow him because he scapes them although i highly doubt we will see the resolution of birdy/black cop in the new game, does it even have a story?
>>
>>333692960
There were some more traditional missions mixed in there, like when you have to kill those nuns. Or there was one pretty cool one where you had to eliminate key gang members and the whole level spanned a neighborhood block.

But yeah, for every traditional hit there's at least one "get from A to B" level.
>>
>Hitman
Garbage
>Hitman 2 (Silent Assassin)
Interesting concepts, well thought out but poorly executed.
>Hitman Contracts
More of the same. Not as good as 2
>Blood Money
The series peak by far. Incredible game. Great ideas executed perfectly.
>Absolution
Cancer. Obviously the series got too popular by this point and any old rubbish would do.
>This new online bollocks
Not even going to play it until the whole game is out. Farcical idea.

2 and Blood Money were the highlights for me. Blood Money is one of my fav games of all time. Top 10 for sure.
>>
>>333693249
And no one thinks its strange that he just fucking snaps the guy's neck
>>
File: -.jpg (97 KB, 1600x614) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
97 KB, 1600x614
>>333693419
>>
Elusive contract fucking when?
>>
>>333693419

I prefer 2.

The developers didn't know if they would get to make another one. It used the same engine as Freedom Fighters and damn was it cool at the time. At the end of the game you broke out your arsenal in Hitman 2.
>>
>>333693419
Blood money is amazing. It was the first one I played and I was surprised by how good it was. One of my favorite games too
>>
>>333693114
>Murder 30 people in the hotel on the way to the room
>Oh no, one maid!
>>
>>333693419
>Not as good as 2
Contracts was great. It was perfectly balanced and established assassination formula. 2 suffered from being to clunky and some badly designed levels.
>>
>>333694145
Agreed.
Contracts might be short and have a few lackluster levels, but after playing SA a few years ago it really hits you just how many levels there are that feel like filler you just want to get through, that have minimal freedom, plus all the glitches.
Contracts is an overall more enjoyable experience.
>>
What pissed me off the most (other than the bullshit A to B style gameplay of course) was not being able to customise weapons.

I was expecting Bloond Money only with a thousand extra options. It's nice to have something to work towards and spend money on. It's also nice to kit your assassin out at the start based on the strategy you want to take.

But no, they just throw you in there with fuck all.
>>
>>333692434
If you're expecting a Hitman game then it's bad, but overall it's a well crafted sneaking game.
>>
>>333692434

It's lifeless and boring AAA trash in the worst sense. Even worse than shit like asscreed.
>>
>>333694345
You can customize some of them in contracts mode, but the modifications are menial at best. Nothing like blood money.
>>
>>333694145
>>333694324
What I really liked about Contracts was that it wasn't always abundantly clear how you were supposed to complete missions. Biggest issue Blood Money had was it was always so obvious what you were supposed to do and practically every level being remote mine to win.
>>
Why do developers constantly """"improve""""" games?

I mean, if something works well why not just leave it alone? All it takes is some thought and care to think up new missions and stages and perhaps add a few additional weapons and gameplay features (for example, being able to add or remove a silencer from your pistol whilst in the middle of a mission). You know, the little things.

It's like they can't leave it alone. They have to add bullshit features and add online modes, multiplayer modes etc. 'Contracts' and other such crap.

Fuck off.

We just want more of the same. If it's not broken don't fix it. How hard is that?

I remember when Call of Duty was just you, a rifle and your band of brothers clearing out small picturesque villages somewhere in France. Now it's fucking jetpacks, Zombies and plasma-blasters.

Again, fuck off.
>>
>>333694881
When you churn out the same game over and over people complain.
Like they do for asscreed
>>
>>333694881
Its rarely the same people making the sequels.
>>
>>333694771
>Biggest issue Blood Money had was it was always so obvious what you were supposed to do and practically every level being remote mine to win.

I don't know about that. I've been playing the game for nearly 10 years and I'm still finding new ways of killing people.

For example, shooting the opera singer at the exact same time as he is 'shot' in the play will cause the other actor/singer to be arrested just as if you swapped the guns.

There's 2-3 obvious ways and then there's about 5 additional ways that aren't obvious at all.
>>
>>333695083
>For example, shooting the opera singer at the exact same time as he is 'shot' in the play will cause the other actor/singer to be arrested just as if you swapped the guns.
That is awesome.
In retrospect it seems obvious
>>
>>333693067
With AAA companies. Right...
I can imagine on reddit but definitely not here.
>>
>>333694984
Not exactly the same game though is it?

Take Hitman 2 compared to Blood Money.

The exact same premise. You get a target and have to kill them. You get intel from agency and it's up to you how you do it.

BUT they improved/added the following

>Controls
>Graphics
>Size of levels
>Depth of levels (i.e. more to interact with)
>Number of solutions
>Custom weapons/money which can be earned from hits (based on rating) which can be exchanged for upgrades

In addition to a completely new story of course.

They didn't make any huge changes like they did with Absolution, which was utterly shit.

The problem is change for change sake. It's like they are justifying their wages to the detriment of the games.
>>
>>333695083
>tfw when you first find out it's possible to get Vinnie run over by the cars of his own reinforcements

There's just so fucking much to love about these games. Blood Money and Contracts are easily my favorite games of all time. It's such a damn shame there's so few games that do this sort of shit.

I did feel Blood Money made the disguises a bit too flawless, though.
>>
If you've played any of the others you'll think it's a travesty, but if not you'll think it's alright if not good
So basically it's MGSV
>>
>>333693249
This game had the worst villain ever

>Sanchez knocks 47 out
>instead of killing him the guy kills a maid and tries to frame 47
>lights the motel on fire but doesn't shoot his leg or anything so he can't escape
>>
>>333693475
It's still real to them damnit
>>
am i a pleb for enjoying the beginning of the new one as much as blood money?
>>
>>333694881
>I remember when Call of Duty was just you, a rifle and your band of brothers clearing out small picturesque villages somewhere in France. Now it's fucking jetpacks, Zombies and plasma-blasters.

so fucking true mang

cod 1, 2 and 3 were perfection
modern warfare 1 and 2 were also great games because they just updated the setting to be more like it is today

then the series got cancer and starting going full retard with zombies and shit THE NUMBERS MASON, jetpacks and military suits which is just ridiculous

i blame online gaming. it's catering towards a generation of retarded fucks who care about killstreaks and so on while forgetting about the basics of what made these games enjoyable and popular in the first place

but it doesn't matter because all they have to do is slap a 'CALL OF DUTY' label on the front and it'll be the best selling game of the year again
>>
>>333695932
>implying the new CoDs don't shit all over the old ones
Maybe if you had prescription glasses instead of nostalgia ones you could see things a bit clearer, grandpa
>>
>>333696092
>2012
>still playing cod
oh wow, consider suicide
>>
>>333696229
>2012
More like 2008
>>
>>333695932
Yep. The first Black Ops was the final straw for me. Even the simple stuff (aiming your weapon at a target) seemed to get worse and feel clunky compared to MW.

Don't even get me started on the plot..
>>
>>333695892
>am i a pleb for enjoying the beginning of the new one
Nah, I got like fifteen hours out of the beta alone, and I'm past fifty now in the actual game. It's easymode, kinda glitchy, and missing a fuckton of little stuff that previous Hitmans had, but ignoring the release model and DRM, the basic gameplay is all solid and back to what it should be, which means it's a damn good game compared to most others on the market right now. Not that I'd recommend getting it if anyone who doesn't have it already is reading this. Don't support the always-online cancer.

>as much as blood money
Yes, you are.
>>
>>333696229
See? You're shitting on games you haven't even played.
You laughable, bitter old man.
>>
>>333695673
The game was re-written several times, that's why several things don't make much sense. Such as Dexter renting an apartment in the same city he owns a penthouse, or Travis getting a mechanical hand out of nowhere.
>>
>>333695673
I thought it was entertaining how over-the top and corny he was.
>>
>>333696435
>damn good game
>isn't even finished
eyl
>>
>>333696456
Fuck off 14 year old. I don't need to suck cock to know I'm not a fag.
>>
>>333696674
I quite don't understand it. Can you turn it into a food analogy?
>>
>>333696758
I don't need to try eating bowls of shit to know I don't like eating shit.
>>
>>333696674
>I don't need to know what I'm talking about
This guy
>>
>>333696528
>implying early access is a worse cancer than always-online
Also, I said "ignoring the release model" when I called it a good game.
>>
>>333696862
but it isn't a game yet, it's not finished
>>
A game should be judged on how good it is without the internet.

No multiplayer.
No DLC.
No 'upgrades'

You just take it out the box and that's it. No good? Tough, it's a shit game that wasn't properly thought out. Try harder next time.
>>
>>333697087
RIP Red Orchestra.
>>
>>333696986
I kind of figured that specifying "ignoring the release model" implicitly meant "ignoring the fact that it's unfinished," but fair enough.

Ignoring the cancerous development model and DRM, it's a pretty fun piece of unfinished code. And by the looks of it, even when it's finished, it's still going to have more downgrades than upgrades from the previous Hitman games. So I would not recommend people buy this piece of unfinished code.
>>
>>333697087
Guess every MMO and multiplayer game sucks then.
>>
>>333698906
Single player master race
>>
>>333693114
pretty much so that whole "running from the cops" level could exist

the entire game feels like they came up with all the big setpieces and shit that looked cool in the trailers first then built everything else around it
>>
>>333698906
>every MMO sucks
this is true though
every single MMO out there is nothing more than a Skinner box with a fancy coat of paint.
>>
Game has been stuck in my backlog limbo for some time now.

Can I at least fuck up shit as a serial killer hitman? something like the professional?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.