[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate "movie" games but loves Metal Gear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>>
Who is "/v/"?
>>
>>333691305
Because it's a god tier game, that's fucking why
>>
>>333691449
how is it a "god-tier" game if there's barely any gameplay, it's ultra-linear, there are near-nonexistant choices that significantly impact anything, and better yet, it's piss-poor easy? Seriously, can you even die in MGS3? I've tried really hard.
>>
>>333691634
>barely any gameplay
Hello shitposter
>>
>>333691449
well? I'm waiting for an answer. plot is irrelevant, characters are irrelevant. why is this "game" god-tier if what makes it a game near-nonexistant? Not to mention, even if we do critique it based on story, it falls flat tremendously due to inconsistent tones, extreme amounts of forced exposition, and hammy themes. It could've been written by an average college student (immature humor bar eveything)
>>
File: mgs cutscene ratio.png (11 KB, 511x107) Image search: [Google]
mgs cutscene ratio.png
11 KB, 511x107
>>333691754
where's the gameplay?
>>
>>333691908
>what makes it a game near-nonexistant
I know this is bait but I cannot let it abide.
MGS3 has some really fantastic open-ended gameplay. There are always multiple ways to handle every area, and every boss fight.
>>
>>333692003
It has tons of cutscene BUT the gameplay is 10/10 and pretty much sandbox like.
Also see>>333692018

Why the fuck im replying serious to shitposters anyway?
>>
>>333692018
what is the point of multiple approaches if it's not difficult, taxing, or even intelligent?
>>
>>333692163
This isn't bait. I'm dead serious. How is any of the gameplay good if it's not challenging or intelligent? The A.I. is poor, the story is awfully written, and the difficulty is as low as you can get. There is REGENERATIVE health in mgs3. And let's not forget how big the health bar is.
>>
>>333692163
So I recently got the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection and I gotta say I love the Story and cutscenes. However, when it comes down to any type of combat or some of the controls I think it is terrible. At least the shooting is. I am on Metal Gear Solid 3 as I am going through that first and I'm just curious if anyone else had a hard time with it or if I am just terrible at this game. I played some of Metal Gear Solid 4 and thought the combat and controls in that one were great, at least compared to this.
>>
>>333692473
I sure as shit like the game play a whole lot more than I like their dumb-assed shitty stories.

'Colonel. I’ve got Emma Emmerich here. We’ve managed to avoid drowning.'

'Good job guys. Now get over to Shell 1 so you can watch a cutscene of Otacon crying in front of a parrot for twenty minutes.'
>>
>>333692473
Oh boy just wait until you get to MGS1. I just finished that recently and it was super frustrating. Do you like turret cameras on walls that shoot you when you walking to a room that you cant see because they are high up on a wall and you have no radar? Do you like waiting for a camera to pass so you can run down some stairs only to have snake veer off into the direction of the camera to get spotted? Do you like not being able to heal after a boss battle and then having to fight 4 strong invisible dudes on a small elevator? Do you like some bad boss encounters?
>>
This will be without spoilers, just so you know. I'm all for government conspiracy stories. I like the premise of shadow organizations shifting the balance of power in the world. I like the espionage elements. However, two problems occurred as I played. One was that the story grew so convoluted and so complex that it became increasingly difficult to follow. Too many plot twists just for the sake of having them, horrendous and redundant exposition dumps, and a lack of understanding of basic science were all red flags from the start. Kojima may have great ideas, but his execution needs drastic work.

and I know what you're thinking: "oh, well it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek because it breaks the fourth wall and nobody takes anything too seriously." Oh, how wrong you are on that last bit. Now, with the first game, the fourth wall breaks are fun and silly. However, the joke got old right with the next game, and they started using them pointlessly. Which makes me sad because the story takes itself way too seriously. In a conspiracy story, it makes sense for things to get serious. That's not the issue. The campy acting, fourth wall breaks, and general silliness of some of the characters' actions and dialogues, at least to me, serve to undermine the experience as a whole, leaving the whole tone of the games inconsistent at best and irritating at worst.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.