[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing Floor 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Killing_floor_2_art.jpg (148 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Killing_floor_2_art.jpg
148 KB, 460x215
Why the hate? Was /v/ wrong about this one?

>holds an 83% positive score on steam reviews
>has just released an entirely new game mode
>has been adding maps, guns, classes, characters and hotfixes steadily for almost a year
>included a microtransaction shop with aesthetics to appease CS:GO players
>>
Launch and a few months after launch were dry as fuck. I think its fine now, minus the cosmetics/microtransactions. Atleast in TF2 you can atleast earn skins.

LAR and Crossbow are sexy as fuck. There is also an MP5 coming, probably for that SWAT perk.
>>
>>333674192
>Microtransaction shop is a positive.
Good bait.
>>
>>333674192
people like to bitch and whine about everything.
In KF2's case, they can't choose whether it's "waah! Too little updates!", or "waah! too much changes!".

The game already has more content than KF1 got throughout the first couple years, and it also runs smooth as butter.

The "microtransanction" crap is exactly the same shit as in KF1, just in new package (copied from CS:GO). I fail to see how that would ruin anyone's day, especially since I'm not even considering spending a single cent on fucking skins.

>>333674341
you can get cosmetics for free in KF2 as well, but the drop rates are very low. I got a free bandana just last month.
>>
File: 1452463894081.png (270 KB, 496x666) Image search: [Google]
1452463894081.png
270 KB, 496x666
>>333674341
>>333674472
>caring about hats when they release entirely new characters with their own voice pack for free

Oh boo hoo, I can't get a shitty deviantart reskin of a gun without putting a quarter in the machine. Woe is me.
>>
>>333674612
okay, shill

go back to the tripwire forums. clearly updates are meaningless and microtransactions that nickel and dime your consumer take priority
>>
>>333674578
Aye, I've found the drop chance on cosmetics/crates is normally a drop every 2-3 hours of play time.

And with the new update even the worst skins are worth around 15p due to the scrap and craft system just added.
>>
>>333674612
The problem isn't that microtransactions exist, the problem is that they wasted development time on them instead of finishing the fucking game.
How many maps and weapons are currently in the game? Have they even added in all the perks yet?
The worst part is that they did it so shortly after Overkill added in P2W microtransactions into Payday 2.
>>
>>333674729
Cosmetics do not affect gameplay in any way.

Despite your assertion, the game is still getting content updates regularly. They just added PvP and two new guns.
>>
The PvP mode is good. It needs minor balance and quality of life tweaks, but other than that it's really well done.
>>
>>333675032
Great a game mode nobody asked for - and two new guns! wow! how long has the game been in alpha again?

fucks sake
>>
>>333675121
>a game mode nobody asked for

Ironically I'm enjoying it way more than the base game.
>>
>>333675093
Sure it's fun now but the PvP only fags will turn it into a cancerous clusterfuck in a month or so. It's L4D all over again.
>>
>>333675325
yep. KF1 still has its advantages over KF2 though. the serious players will go back to KF1. you just dont get anymore growth.
>>
>>333675121
Is this bait? That's not the only update that's been released, that's just the most recent one you autist.
>>
Tripwire went on about how they were going "to do early access right" and have spent the majority of their time with the dicks in their hands accomplish fuck all.

They also put out a whole microtransaction/hats system before we even got any substantial updates, so that pissed off a lot of people too.

They've overall been going slow as piss with adding to the game and addressing issues players have.

Also fuck this stupid PvP survival mode, who even wanted this garbage in the first place?
>>
The PvP mode need a 7 and 10 wave version, 4 waves totally kills the pacing.

Also there should be fewer but more powerful player zeds. Seems like there's a constant stream of retarded looking player zeds sprinting and jumping around filling your screen with a bunch of flashy shit so you can't tell what's happening.
>>
>>333674192
Fuck off Kikewire. No one wanted hats.
>>
>>333674192
what really annoyed me is they said pvp mode was going to be a mod
then they release it in a fucking patch
>>
>>333674192
Why no sharpshooter?
>>
>>333674192
>add microtransactions shop instead of finishing game
>add entirely unrelated gamemode instead of finishing game
>hide for months at a time so you can't hear people harassing you to finish game
>be overdue to finish game
>refuse to finish game
>still no finished game
>charge full price for lack of finished game
>rue the day you made the grand announcement that you're going to 'do EA right'
>be more cancerous than WarZ devs
It takes skill to fuck up that hard.
>>
File: 1458577461539.jpg (143 KB, 939x348) Image search: [Google]
1458577461539.jpg
143 KB, 939x348
>>
>>333675895
So its another RO2?

Pass
>>
>>333674192
>has been adding maps, guns, classes, characters and hotfixes steadily
once every four months
>>
>>333675895
>Also fuck this stupid PvP survival mode, who even wanted this garbage in the first place?
Some retards on the steam forums.

>>333676412
>Why no sharpshooter?
So a jack off can be a crawler and yell git gud over the mic.
>>
>>333676570
>Not having men in bikini's
Look at this sexist pos
>>
>>333676570
>The objectification of women in video games is one of the dark marks on the industry as a whole
Oh yes, the "dark mark" that didn't adversely effect them in any way.
>>
>>333676570
I'm still waiting for someone to do a skimpy bikini Ana reskin.
>>
>>333676465
This, if they just focus their effort on getting it ready and feature complete there wouldn't be constant complaints going on about it.

Also it's quite funny to not have a free weekend with this update.
>>
>>333676674
It was never broken like RO2 was at launch, but it lacked content. That was fairly acceptable as it was only $30 at launch and clearly labeled as early access.
People played through the small amount of content there was and understandably got bored quickly.
They initially said they would have all the content by the end of the year, but it took them months to release even a single map, and here we are over a year later and still missing perks.

But they did have time to add in a micro-transaction hat shop and a PvP mode nobody asked for.
>>
The sad part is that I can still have fun with the game, but its still just so goddamn disappointing as a whole.

What really drives me up the fucking wall is the stupid PS4 support they originally had planned that is still yet to come out, and all the changes they likely made to the game to support playing it on consoles that have basically ended up being completely unnecessary.
>>
Has worse maps than the first one and has less content despite being like twice the cost. Shits retarded and the game sucks.
>>
File: 1455155589453.jpg (290 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455155589453.jpg
290 KB, 960x1280
the new PVP is utter shit if you disagree youre with shillwire
>>
is the new mode any fun?
>>
>>333678127
it's ok but it should've come out after the rest of the perks did
>>
>>333678127
Yes, in the same way bulldozing down your own house would be fun.
>>
>>333678034
>stop liking things I don't like! reeeee!

>>333678127
It's enjoyable for awhile but I've yet to see humans make it to the boss. Zeds seem really powerful. I absolutely crushed three level 25 players as a gorefast when they weren't looking my way. I just hope they don't start balancing the zeds for the sake of PvP in a primarily PvE driven game.
>>
>Game isn't finished but devs keep adding features instead of classes
>Overpriced
>6v6 only serves, no custom maps or 30 player servers

I'll get it when its 15 bucks and those points are adressed
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38 KB, 725x381) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38 KB, 725x381
>>333678634
I played twice, once as each team, and the Patriarch lost both times.
>>
>>333678872
>6v6 only serves, no custom maps or 30 player servers

u wot m8
>>
>>333678872
>no custom maps or 30 player servers
They have both. You won't rank up offically on the 30 player server but i think they have their own ranking system
>>
>>333678919
Probably because pat is randomly given to some zed player, instead of the one with the best score or the one with desire to actually play pat.
It's a high pressure role and some players don't want it and fail miserably at it
>>
Post server IPs. KF1 preferred but will try 2.
>>
I was pleasantly surprised with the PvP
>>
>>333675325

You're deluded if you thinks this poorly-conceived mess will have the appeal of L4D versus
>>
WHAT IS WITH THIS FUCKING STUTTER
I HAVE A 980 WHY AM I GETTING RANDOM STUTTER
IT'S ONLY THIS GAME
>>
>>333681442
Turn off Flex.
>>
>>333681442

Welcome to UE3. Welcome to devs who stick to UE3's and its memory management in 2016
>>
>>333681513
INI FILE OR IN GAME? THIS SHIT IS INFURIATING
>>
>>333681569
Stop posting like a child.
>>
File: nvidia.jpg (933 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
nvidia.jpg
933 KB, 3008x2000
>>333681442
It's the way it's meant to be played bro.
>>
File: image.png (991 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
image.png
991 KB, 1152x648
>>333674192
While the game isn't inherently bad (assuming you liked the first one), the Dev team's judgment is a bit skewed given they saw it fit to implement microtransactions, cosmetics, and a Pvp mode over getting the Perks done and finishing the game proper and adding all the extras later
>>
>>333674192
I think it's because it was on "early release" for so long (is it still?) and it wasn't much of a change.
>>
>>333681541
I don't have this issue in other UE3 games
>>333681747
No fuck you, this shit is beyond fucking annoying.
>>
>>333681914
Yes it's still listed as Early Access on Steam.
>>
>>333674192
>PvE focused game
>PvP gets tacked on and wastes time and resources to the main game
>>
>>333674961
This

Tripewire are mediocre devs and their games are mediocre. Glad I didn't pay money for 2/3 of them.
>>
>>333681301
It's in pretty much the same wheelhouse as L4D just on a smaller scale. Zombie co-op shooter with a tacked on PvP mode. Granted it won't have the same appeal because it's not a AAA title but still you can already see the decline in player quality.
>>
>>333682445
neither game had good communities, don't fool yourself.
>>
>>333674192

I've enjoyed it since release, just play it more sporadically. The updates are a bit slow, but I've really enjoyed the new perks, maps, and weapons. The maps especially have been interesting.
>>
Not to mention the VS mode is insanely imbalanced. I'm seeing entire teams of level 25s dying in the first two waves.
>>
>>333674612
>for free

You realize this is an early access game that's still in early access right? It's scummy as fuck to start charging for cosmetics in a game that came with very few cosmetics to begin with. TWI thinks they can be the next CS:GO or TF2 with their marketplace but this game has less than 1% of CS:GO's population and it's only going to get smaller the longer they keep dragging their feet.

Don't even get me started on their other scummy practice which is locking weapons behind ownership of other games. If you don't own chivalry you don't get access to the zweihander unless someone else in the server has it. Yeah it's not serious problem now because that game is $1 and almost everyone has it but what happens when they lock weapons behind more expensive, more unpopular games? It's a shitty thing to do to begin with.

If EA or Activision did this there would be endless 500+ post threads about how disgusting they are for engaging in these practices but it's just some small time dev of a niche game so it's not going to attract any attention.
>>
>>333682927
For humans? When I played earlier my team kept getting shit on and we were playing Zeds, but we were also shit so I don't know.
>>
KF1 launch maps
>Biotics Lab
>Farm
>Manor
>Offices
>West London
All classics.
KF2's maps look pretty but they're so fucking boring to play, especially compared to KF1's.
>>
>>333683134

What makes KF1's maps more exciting? I don't really notice a difference in the two except that 2's maps are bigger and darker.
>>
>>333683103
If the ZEDs can coordinate even a tiny bit then the only hope the humans have is to all hole up in a corner/hallway only use zerks, medics, and sometimes maybe a firebug in there. Then the humans are literally unbeatable.

As you can imagine, this makes playing humans boring as fuck, and playing ZEDs frustrating because you have to suicide rush which will amount to nothing because lolmedics.

Seriously, this game was not built for a VS mode at all.
>>
>>333683103
Zeds are either too resilient or the netcode isn't very optimized for versus because you can dump a mag into a player zed and not kill them.

>>333683540
Suicide crawlers and Bloats stop that from happening. Humans can't stay in the same place forever.
>>
>>333678919
That's really sad

My biggest fear is that they'll just give up on supporting the game because it's not growing.
I'm not going to buy any early access games in the future, this experience put a really bad taste in my mouth and the fact that people defend it just makes it worse.
>>
>>333683661
>Suicide crawlers and Bloats
Don't fucking matter because medic darts give players immense poison resistance on top of the zerkers' already natural poison resistance skill, and zerkers don't need to see that well to smack shit around anyway.

If your jihad crawlers and bloats are doing damage then the humans have no idea what they're doing or were positioned in a spot without the freedom to just stay away from the cloud for a few seconds without putting themselves at massive risk.
>>
>>333683813
it will stay alive, KF1 never had a fuckhuge pop either.
>>
File: bait.gif (527 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
527 KB, 625x626
>>333674192
>>included a microtransaction shop with aesthetics to appease CS:GO players
>>
>>333682445

L4D wasn't AAA either. I meant this won't be as successful as L4D Versus because it's janky and shitty as fuck. Not that L4D feels particularly polished in general
>>
>>333683969
KF1 didn't get paid until years later. KF2 has something even far worse than that.
>>
>>333683307
Not him but some of KF1's maps had long hallways or they were more open. Almost every map in KF2 is small and cramped which means you have less time to take out threats as they appear. I don't think there's a single KF2 map that has an open area as long as one of the streets in west london [there's always some shit to block your vision like the trees in the forest map] and there's definitely no big open map like farm in KF2.
>>
>>333683307

I feel like there's a lot of variety in KF1. Biotics Lab is small and claustrophobic, farm is absolutely huge and open. Manor and West London are more medium sized, while Offices is very vertical. They're all pretty unique compared to each other.
KF2's all have the same feeling to me, especially the original 3. About the same size, none are notably huge/small. They all have some open areas and some narrow ones. They don't really commit to a design choice like KF1 maps did. I haven't played the gunslinger update so maybe those maps were amazing, but I really doubt it. The map I remember standing out the most was Catacombs for being a bit more claustrophobic than the others and that you couldn't see shit if the lights got destroyed.
>>
File: pushback is cancer 1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pushback is cancer 1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333674192
This is bait, but alright I'm bored.
>holds an 83% positive score on steam reviews
If you played the game you'd know there's been basically nothing but pages after pages of negative review since zedconomy
>has just released an entirely new game mode
Which is even buggier than the rest of the game, obviously not playtested. EVERY GAME WAS SCALED FOR HARD DIFFICULTY VS MODE, INCLUDING REGULAR SURVIVAL. WHICH MEANT THAT STUN/STUMBLE VALUES WERE SCALED TO PLAYER ZEDS EVEN IN NORMAL PVE MODE, AND THAT DAMAGE IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THIS IS HOW INCOMPETENT THEY ARE.
>has been adding maps, guns, classes, characters and hotfixes steadily for almost a year
KF1 farmhouse was huge, with large fields and multiple landmarks. KF2 farmhouse is a barn, a house, placed in a testmap sized empty square. It was (again) not playtested, with two ai-breaking glitches that stayed allowed shitters to farm their perks.
Black forest make zeds either spawn up your ass or not at all. Catacombs is a deathtrap because a) it's dark as fuck b) zeds teleport around the corners wherever you go
The game was planned to be released in april 2016. Well, we're in april 2016, and we're missing 3 of the 6 perks that were missing a year ago. The perks they added are atrociously balanced. Firebug is a better demo than demo is but is also faceroll tier. Demo is a worthless money sink whose only good skill (nuke) was nerfed, whose ammo is too expensive to use and who isn't even better at killing funpounds (which is supposed to be its job) than the other perks, but don't worry a rework is coming VERY VERY SOON (tm). Slinger is godlike by virtue of being amongst the ammo efficient perks, powerful and having movement speed. Sharp was supposed to be done, but guess what, they only finished the lar & xbow this patch. Swat and Martial artist are, I quote "still not set in stone", which is PR talk for "stay tuned soon (tm)".
>>
>>333682927
Thats because they're shit and have no idea what they're doing

VS is very prone to rolls swinging in either direction. You can have 1 team destroy zeds all game and win only to get wiped horribly in the 2nd game because they thought it was a good idea to split up. Once the humans break rank and split up, it becomes really fucking hard to group back up without taking huge damage if the zeds keep up the pressure.

In a game where the humans have zerkers and medics, the difference between the humans winning or the zeds winning is whether or not the zeds can communicate to focus down the medics early, then focus on ranged classes or solo humans before massing on the zerker. (Also if the patty knows what hes doing, because his melee fucking wrecks shit but his ranged game is awful)
>>
>>333684290
>you couldn't see shit if the lights got destroyed.

you can use flashlights with every weapon now so that's not as big of a deal
>>
>>333683939

I feel Bloat needs to focus on being a sneaky fuck and lay mines everywhere instead of trying to puke on people. A mine does like 50 damage and if you saturate the most commonly tread areas, you can sometimes get lucky
>>
File: pushback is cancer 2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pushback is cancer 2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333684358 (cont)
>>333674192

They don't do hotfixes, what the fuck are you smoking? They do one update every 3 months, which is not playtested and force them to patch it into a less buggy mess before going back on a company paid cruise.

>included a microtransaction shop with aesthetics to appease CS:GO players
And they added crafting in a EA game, with 10000 items needed for 1 (ONE) highest rarity item.

Also check out this smexy new pushback they added this update. Oh baby I love having a seizure near crawlers. You know why they added that? It's supposed to be a fix to zerk walling. Except since they don't play their game, they don't understand that zerk walling won't be affected by this because it doesn't change zeds not attacking players in their ways if they're not their aggro target. But hey, it's free content, stop being so entitled, "we've been doing extra hours", ;)
>>
>>333684510

Too bad a single quick use syringe (Q) neutralizes a mine's damage
>>
>>333684358
protip, alt-0153 makes ™

Besides that, you're points are bang on.
>>
>>333684571
>not stacking mines in an escape route so they have to plow through a couple hundred to get to safety
>>
>>333684368
>In a game where the humans have zerkers and medics, the difference between the humans winning or the zeds winning is whether or not the zeds can communicate to focus down the medics early

This is an utter crapshoot against a LV25 Medic. His massive syringe regen rate and runspeed allow him to outrun player controlled-Zeds while basically requiring a burst of 150-200 damage (to cover his self-healing) over a VERY short amount of time to kill him from full health. Add healing grenades to the mix, which he can drop at his feet if he gets cornered (which heals AND deal a shitton of damage to all the meleeing Zeds) and it's a nightmare to deal with for Zeds
>>
>>333674192
I've been enjoying it, already put more time into the game compared to KF 1
>>
I didnt even play this new patch yet, haven't played since gunslinger came out.

But the last think I ever wanted in KF was a versus mode
KF is fun because its Killing Floor, I never wanted there to BE a verses mode.
JUST FINISH THE PERKS
>>
File: 1428778366202.png (220 KB, 550x520) Image search: [Google]
1428778366202.png
220 KB, 550x520
>>333676570
>no bikini clad women

>but we'l be sure to implement microtransactions that allow you to be brightly colored yellow, lime green, purple and brown, that look even more mismatching with the games aesthetic than a bikini clad women "soon"
>>
>>333674192
>Why the hate?
If you were here for more than a week you'd know.
>>
File: 1460086835707.png (26 KB, 2000x450) Image search: [Google]
1460086835707.png
26 KB, 2000x450
>>333684631

Oh neat.
No I can stay tuned ™ in style.
Here's a history of the "regular updates".
>>
>>333676570
>1 year later
>People still respond to this
>>
>>333684358
>>333684551
>that intense fear of spiders
Guess crawlers are back to being a zerker's worst nightmare.
>>
>>333674192
>tfw started playing kf1 again
So much more fun than kf2 but don't worry guys, This is early access done right
>>
>>333685221
too bad zerker is boring as hell in kf1
>>
File: catacombs_hoe.png (18 KB, 941x83) Image search: [Google]
catacombs_hoe.png
18 KB, 941x83
>>333684358
>Catacombs is a deathtrap because a) it's dark as fuck b) zeds teleport around the corners wherever you go

Opinion discarded. Catacombs is THE easiest map to clear on HoE (or any difficulty). No exploits, no Zerkwalling, no ledge-boosting - just camping staircase room. The Zeds simply can't get to your team in significant numbers (due to the physical layout of the room) and just get slaughtered. Get a Zerk, Medic, Demo/Firebug + 3 whatever perks and enjoy sleeping over your keyboard. The only issue is the boss wave, since you will have to leave that room, but that's the same for every map
>>
File: 1389846911345.gif (656 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
1389846911345.gif
656 KB, 300x177
>First time playing the new mode
>Join in on the last round
>Time for the Patriarch
>It picks me
>I have no idea what I'm doing
>guy on the zed team says I need to keep the pressure on the humans
>Proceed to go hard as a motherfucker
>Invisible flanking
>missile shootan
>separating them and watching them panic
>we kill all but one of them
>last guy running down a hall
>mow him down with the mini gun
>Guy on my team who told me to pressure them tells me I did good

Felt good
>>
>>333674192
so can you just idle for skins now?
>>
>>333685289
Its only slightly less boring in KF2, it used to be massively fun but then lel unparryable attacks happened, because we can't have the game be TOO much fun.
>>
>>333685365

I literally did Catacombs on HoE with pub randos. No coordination required, just camp staircase room with sufficiently-leveled perks. Even the nerfed Demo Nuke will fucking wreck shit because there's only a couple of way enemies can came in from, and every zedtime you will cover one. Scrakes dying all day before they even go up the stairs
>>
>>333685503
Sorry you can't faceroll so hard anymore and have to put more thought into your tactics
>>
>>333685503

While I agree it was fun as shit dancing with Scrakes as a Zerker, it did seem a little too strong that you could pretty much negate them entirely once you got parrying down.
>>
>>333685503
i still enjoy it way more since
>semi directional attacks
>actual blocking
>gore system
albeit the unparryable attacks are fucking dumb, and current balance only really makes the pulv viable (though the evis is good now), it's still much more enjoyable than kf1 zerk which devolved to just standing there decapping
the pulv is really boring unfortunately, should've made the katana a zerk weapon till martial autist comes out
>>
>>333685048
>3 months for 1 perk and 2 maps
>4 months for 0 perks and 1 map

5 months for 0 perks, 0 maps and 1 weapon?

Stay tuned™
>>
>>333684842
Which would be a much worse problem if the zed team didn't have like 50-60 player lives per wave in addition to whatever npc zeds spawn during that time.

I'm not saying its balanced because a level 25 zerker can kill entire fucking groups of player zeds with a single pulverizer swing while a siren can practically guarantee a kill if it manages to grab someone away from the rest of the team but there are enough moving parts to the gamemode that its still too earlier to knee-jerk nerf everything that seems too strong.

That said, I would much rather they had a Demon's Souls' style invasion system where they had one or two player controlled zeds join a regular PvE co-op game (with a server-side setting that can be turned on or off by a vote or something). Imagine a player controlled husk in HoE running around spamming shots at the group or a player FP running around mowing down other Zeds until they all start attacking him too. It'd be a nice mode to just fuck around in.
>>
File: RIPwire.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
RIPwire.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>333685365
Boy I sure love camping the stair room/trucks/meat grinder room/hotel hallway/watermill/farm.
There's always a spot that's easy to hold. That just means you're reducing the map to (usually) 2-3 lanes leading to a room. Woooo. But you're right I should have specified that.

Incidentally, this pic is 3 months after the RotP patch. So they had NOTHING to show for 3 whole months.
>>
>>333685697
>(though the evis is good now)

Too bad crossbow costs only 650, does the same job with more ammo and a faster projectile. You lose the chainsawing but eh

>>333685885

None of these you specify are half as easy as staircase room except for watermill on BlackForest because that's a literal exploit - a bugged stack spot (you can Zerk wall, spam MWGs, stack demo C4s, do whatever there) which fucks up with the Zeds's targeting. Trucks for example is far less braindead spot, you get Zeds dropping from the tower and the roofs along the area everywhere, and you can get some very close FP spawns inside the railing room with the lockers and the sliding door
>>
Every complaint in this thread is nit-picking typical try-hard /v/ shit.

The game is fun to play with your friends.
It's not a fucking E-sport. Get over yourselves.
>>
>>333686264
( You)
>>
File: fun.png (47 KB, 260x120) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
47 KB, 260x120
>>333686264
Yeah, its fun, but its also been the most incompetently developed game in the history of Early Access.
>>
>>333686173
well before this patch it was viable for zerker
you still lose the movement speed bonus and the melee/chainsaw ability on the evis (which is decent) but yeah the LAR and xbow are OP as hell right now
you can stun FPs on HoE on chestshot with the xbow, it's ridiculous
>>
>>333686447
Well I mean, I get hyperbole to make a point, but come on. That is far, far, FAR from true.
>>
File: 1457907160074.jpg (162 KB, 1115x972) Image search: [Google]
1457907160074.jpg
162 KB, 1115x972
>>333676570
>>
How do I git gud? I can't even beat Hard. No one wants to play with a scrub so I'm stuck solo.
>>
>>333686264

>The game is fun to play with your friends.

1) Basically anything can be fun with friends. Kicking around a rock can be fun with your friends.

2) A game can be poorly made shit and still be entertaining.

>>333686927

The real twist of the knife is that Tripwire went on and on about how they were going to do Early Access right. The fact that they've bungled it this hard after that is what fucking pisses people off.
>>
>>333687009
Grind your perks for a bit on a training map, then go play on Normal servers to get a feel for what the Zeds do
>>
>>333687041
>swear to never buy an early access game
>KF2 released as early access
>well fuck how bad could it be
Never again.
>>
>>333674192
Mega crybabies whine over shit that would've inevitably been in the game. They cry about no content like the purpose of the early access is for them to be shelling out content every few weeks.

There are legitimate issues with the game, but it's getting better with every update. So long as the game is actually still being worked on, I don't care about how long it takes.
>>
File: enemies can open doors.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
enemies can open doors.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>333687009
aim for the head
don't spam reload every shot
don't waste bullets on decapitated zeds
don't buy off perk weapons unless they're gunslinger weapons
learn the maps until you know all the possible spawn points
don't weld doors because it will come back to bite you in the ass if you get overran
share your dosh when you can
enemies can open doors
>>
>>333687009
>No one wants to play with a scrub so I'm stuck solo.
Did you actually try going on other servers? I played plenty of hard matches before with people below level 5 and I'll give them tips on what not to do if I see them doing something bad like shooting a Scrake/Flesh Pound as a Commando instead of focusing on trash.

I'm not sure how other people would welcome you but I've also never seen anyone outright rage and start namecalling or votekicking new people from Hard servers.

If all else fails though, you still have Normal maps. Don't join Suicidal without a level 15 perk nor Hell on Earth without a level 20 though, not for lack of experience, but because the perk level won't be high enough to carry its own weight.
>>
>>333686657

Xbow was sick on KF1 too. A starting weapon for LV6 SS, a solid backup for all perks (especially Medic) and viable all game long. They want the Sharpshooter to be a crowd pleaser I guess

I don't think the LAR is OP, though for 200$ it may be a tad too good. Its ROF certainly makes it annoying to kill anything tougher than a Husk. Even a Siren can be a problem
>>
>>333674961
Except if there was going to be microtransactions in the full game, adding microtransactions and the zedconomy shit into early access IS still "finishing" it. Your complaint is basically that they're not adding what you like to the game first.

I understood why they added the microtransactions in EA though, even with this update they reworked all of the weapon icons and wil probably continue to add more elements to the store and loadout.Anyone with critical thinking skills could understand that the first attempt at an ingame shop with marketing and trading might want to be tested first. KF1 had the "shop" but it was not ingame and nor were there loadouts beyond picking a character.

Does it come off as greedy? Perhaps. Is it logical that they have it in the EA. Yes. Once all this microtransaction crap is actually implemented, they won't have to worry about fucking up things in the game while it's fully released.
>>
>>333681892
looks like ana is about to get occupied in that pic
>>
>>333687041
I guess my difference is that I don't constantly play just one game. I play a bunch of KF2 with my friends until we want to play something else.
You guys seem to just take it so seriously that you end up MAKING yourself have a bad time.
Guess that's /v/ in a nutshell, though.
>>
File: le punny latino.jpg (9 KB, 272x200) Image search: [Google]
le punny latino.jpg
9 KB, 272x200
>>333687965

ana lly, even
>>
>>333687415
>So long as the game is actually still being worked on, I don't care about how long it takes.

You should care because the devs have bills to pay, if they take too long you're not getting shit because at some point they have to say 'adding more content to this game is not profitable, time to reallocate staff to another project'.
>>
>>333687809

The problem is that its a matter of PR.

Everyone saw what happened to TF2 after hats got into the mix. The only people that walked away from that hot mess happy were the judenfreund who left with fuller pockets than they went in with.

When you combine that with the snails pace content Tripwire has been doling out with an eyedropper and I find it hard to see why anyone has trouble understanding why people aren't happy.

>>333688038

Oh eat shit you pile of fuck. I barely have any time in KF2 because of how disappointing its been from the beginning.
>>
>>333687716
>Xbow was sick on KF1 too.
but it was a T4 that had horrible damage reductions on sui/HoE, weighed more than the kf2 xbow, and didn't have cost reductions like most perk weapons
>I don't think the LAR is OP
it can stunlock a HoE scrake, that's stupid
>>
>search: shill
>2 results found
Surprsing. The typical autists must be sleeping
>>
>>333688263

Can the LAR actually stunlock? There's a cooldown to the stun to my knowledge. I haven't been able to stunlock with either the xbow or the LAR, since you need to wait too long for the second stun after the Scrake/FP snaps out of it
>>
>>333688143
why don't you just fuck of carlos?
>>
>>333688147

Not to mention the longer we go without substantial updates, the more risk of the playerbase bleeding off due to lack of interest.

>>333688263

>but it was a T4 that had horrible damage reductions on sui/HoE, weighed more than the kf2 xbow, and didn't have cost reductions like most perk weapons

Wasn't a lot of that tacked on way into the game's life because of people realizing how strong it was even as an off-perk weapon?

I swear I remember that patch when they made it do way less damage on higher difficulties.
>>
>>333688452
pretty sure you can consistently keep a scrake stunned with it, i've managed to anyway
plus the xbow does pierce damage, so you can demolish FPs with it and SCs have no weakness/resistance to the xbow
>>
>>333688240
lol havin' a bad time there, bucko?
Sorry to hear that.
>>
>>333688650
they've already lost a considerable amount of players based on this >>333678919
, I'm guessing it's because there's no perk this time so some people just didn't bother playing the game.

I doubt they'll see major growth in the future unless they do some aggressive updating and marketing.
>>
>>333688650
>Wasn't a lot of that tacked on way into the game's life because of people realizing how strong it was even as an off-perk weapon?
yes, it wasn't that long after release either
>>
File: 1409627221421.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1409627221421.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>"Yeah we're going to release the full game by the end of 2015"
>Anyone who speaks up on the forums about how close the end of the year is coming with no consistent content is told "yeah dont worry about it m8y"
>while the parasites that lurk those forums would tell you you're an ingrate
>game postponed again and it still doesn't look like they're going to hit their mark
I really really wanted to like this game since the first one was so fun, but whenever I check the forums just to see how/if the game is being made I see this disgusing circle jerk where all criticism, legitimate or otherwise, is frowned upon by most of the people who suck Tripwire's dick.
I thought some people were jumping the gun on hating these guys but apparently i'm the dumb shit all along for thinking they would do something basic like learning from their mistakes.
>>
>>333688240
>>The problem is that its a matter of PR.
Yes that is a problem From "free content packs" to the "early access done right," they did a terrible job with PR.

I think that they've done a lot, but it's very subtle for people to appreciate. Things like reworking weapon sounds (and they're going to rework zed voices) numerous times, adding another attack for the knives and completely reworking how the flashlights function, working on nvidia flex for months, the extra trader lines that they implemented this patch, and the kill notifications and reworking of bosses they have to do. It's all irrelevant to the average player, as they just care about more guns and more maps to fuck around on.

I like the subtle things like the headshot changes that came this update too, so to me they're okay in my book. I just think that they need to take one update after all the perks are done to just lay out the tiers of all the perks and discuss what the hell they're going to do with balancing them. Seems like they're tackling so many small and large tasks at once with their small team that they're not releasing anything until ages, then there's always something left out of the patch because of it being unfinished.
>>
>>333687415
> but it's getting better with every update
Ironic considering how much shit was broken with this update

Keep in mind that before launch they said they wanted the game to come out of early access in like November.
>>
>>333689190
This is the full answer fromt he store page.
>Until it’s done...
>No, we're not kidding. We know we’ve all seen games hit Early Access and seemingly never get to the point of Full Release, but our goal is to have KF2 out before the end of 2015. We have to balance what is in Early Access, then incrementally add more content, re-balance, more content, re-balance, rinse-and-repeat until we have all the content in and balanced.”

>How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
>“The goals for the full version are for all 10 Perks, more levels and more weapons. In addition to incorporating community feedback into our tuning and balancing we’re also working on some additional features that we plan to debut in the Full Release.

I honestly don't see how they expected to get 6 perks and all the features completed by the end of 2016. This game is polished as fuck, more detail than I've seen in game in a long time, and they've only been upgrading it. For them to say before 2015 was so stupid as I didn't even believe it from hearing the devblogs talking about what they wanted to have in the game. I didn't even believe the devblogs because the stuff they were talking about seemed like a lot.

On the bright side, once the game's done in 2020, it will be pretty top-notch.
>>
>>333689364

Believe me I can understand how the little things can matter too. The problem is all the little things don't look that good in a patch notes list.

People don't wanna see that there's been a few audio changes, some new lines, and a few changes to the gore system. They want to see things that will actually actively affect their gameplay. They want new guns to play with, new enemies (or enemy behaviors) to fight, new classes and perks to play with. They don't give a shit about a bunch of small changes they probably wouldn't notice if it wasn't pointed out to them.

That's just how it goes.
>>
>>333689834
I expect some form of VR capability by then
>>
>>333689834
>by the end of 2016
end of 2015

>>333689559
I'm talking about in terms of the game's features and content. The balance is probably not something they're going to take seriously until they actually have the perks in. The dumb stuff like the SS weapons stun and the knockback could probably be changed easily by them disabling knockback on some zeds and lowering some values.
>>
>>333685391
The mode is a huge, unbalanced mess but man if it doesn't have its moments when you pull off some shit and steamroll the other team.

If they kept VS as the "chaotic, crazy shit happening and everything goes wrong until you make a comeback oh shit what the fuck" mode and Survival was the "super technical, everyone works together like a machine for chewing up zeds and nothing gets past your firing line, know your role squaddie" mode then I'd be fairly satisfied.
>>
instead of doing a l4d style versus mode they should of done a zombie master game mode where one guy is in an RTS view and controls where the zeds go and spawn...
>>
>>333690376
Why not both? At least after we get all the fucking perks, I mean.
>>
>>333690180
With how satisfying the gun-play in this game is, I'd have preferred a TDM mode over the versus survival desu. I also hope they add human gore stuff. It'd be sick to be playing the zeds or seeing an ally die in survival and their body gets torn to shreds by a FP or cut in half by a gorefast/scrake. Maybe a stalker could kick their head off too.

>>333690376
Well, once modding tools and workshop's done, you can attempt to make it. Good luck though.
>>
File: 1459451217876.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1459451217876.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>333674192
>early access done right
>>
>>333690546
will my game install if i loose internet while downloading
>>
Lack of content, balance that gets worse with every update, updates that happen way too slowly and they're mostly shit. Also try and guess how many posts were made by Yoshiro. He doesn't even try to hide it.

>>333676674
Except that RO2 is actually pretty good, and it has been for a long while. Antimatter unfucking KF2 when?
>>
>>333674192
>40 scrakes and fleshpounds spawning when you ""do good""

Wow this sure is fun getting pounded into dust playing with pub shitters and level 9s in sui and hoe with this new balancing.
>>
>>333683134
>people actually like KF1 Farm

I want this meme to die.
I get there should be some big, open maps, but Farm is so massive and open it might as well just be a giant square with a single square building in the middle.

I still have fun playing on it, but only because the core gameplay is fun. Kind of like Serious Sam level design in that regard, actually.
>>
>>333674192
sjw shit
micro shit
shit broke promises
overpriced as shit and STILL EA
>>
>>333692083
>playing HoE with pubs
You were asking for it and you know it.
>>
Can someone provide me with a source on TW originally claiming they'd release the game by 2015?

It was my understanding that they estimated that end of 2015 was the EARLIEST they'd release the game, in other words, it would likely take longer than that.

But I always see people in these threads throwing around the "promise" that they'd release before end of 2015. It wouldn't be the first time /v/ was a bunch of retards who believed and spread misinformation, but it also wouldn't be the first time I was wrong so if anyone has a source on it let me know.
>>
>>333674612
>caring about hats when they release entirely new characters with their own voice pack for free

>in a game that is INCOMPLETE!

Keep playing your shitgame, I'll play Killing Floor 1
>>
>>333693025
No, they said 2015 and actively responded to others saying otherwise. Look through the forums if you don't believe it nerd.
>>
>>333693025
Late 2015 was the target they initially stated on their early access plea. There's nothing binding about it, but since Tripwire isn't exactly a small, no name indie developer, people were expecting better handling as far as EA is concerned.
>>
>>333693162
That'll take forever fuck.

Anyway, if they really did say that, that's baffling. No way they could go from 4 to 10 perks and triple the map count, add VS, and make everything balanced, in 8 months.
>>
>>333693461

Just looked it up on the Steam store page

>No, we're not kidding. We know we’ve all seen games hit Early Access and seemingly never get to the point of Full Release, but our goal is to have KF2 out before the end of year. We have to balance what is in Early Access, then incrementally add more content, re-balance, more content, re-balance, rinse-and-repeat until we have all the content in and balanced.”

This is the same text that was on the page when it went up for EA in 2015.
>>
>>333692501
>overpriced as shit

The game's is better quality than most $60 games out these days and it's in early access at half the price, while ALSO going on sale every time they release a big update.

How the fuck is it overpriced? You've got to be some kind of lazy NEET to think that $30 is overpriced for a game like KF2.
>>
File: 1428683171408.jpg (6 KB, 180x220) Image search: [Google]
1428683171408.jpg
6 KB, 180x220
Its been almost a year and we still dont have Sharpshooter

Also literally nobody asked for a half-arsed shitty versus mode. Jesus fuck
>>
Because it's not even finished with the core game and they're already adding shit like Microtransactions and PVP which are just taking away time from shit that could and SHOULD be in the game already like Sharpshooter.

End of 2015 my ass.
>>
>>333694180
I literally have friends who hesitate to spend $5 on games that they know they'll like.

And then they'll get hype about a certain game, spend full $50 on it without even reading about it, then it turns out the game has major technical problems and is basically unplayable for them. "Oh well" they say without even bothering to refund it, just eating the cost.

People's perception of money when it comes to video games makes no sense to me.
>>
>Microtransactions and crate gambling
>Crafting
>Versus Mode

This shit gets in meanwhile only one of the new perks is in and SS still isn't even done. Hopefully we'll get a FREE content pack in our early access game by the end of the year.
>>
>>333687417

>dont weld doors

What the fuck happened ?

I seriously cant even think of a time playing KF2 that anyone has ever tried to weld anything. I certainly havent, its such a waste of time now that the doors just break.
>>
>>333695620
>What the fuck happened ?
Teleporting zeds mechanic where if they're too far they'll just teleport closer instead of flanking.

That and how doors that are broken are broken for good.
>>
>>333689364
>Things like reworking weapon sounds
For the worse.

>reworking how the flashlights function
Which did a great job at pissing off map makers.

>working on nvidia flex for months
Nobody asked for that shit. Kill yourself, Yoshillro.
>>
The worst part is that the guns still feel better in KF1.
>>
>>333695063
FREE? Sounds like a good deal. We should be praising Tripwire for blessing us with this absolutely free ($0.00) content pack.
>>
>>333695971
New 9mm sound is sick. KYS if you disagree.

Also yeah I wonder if anyone actually gives a fuck about flex and if so, why.
>>
>>333696237
>KYS
Kill yourself.
>>
>>333696237
>New 9mm sound is sick
Last time I played it sounded like a broken airsoft gun and I sure as fuck won't reinstall because of this shitty update.
>>
>>333695971
>For the worse.
The 9mm sounds way better now than it did originally. The first rework was garbage, but the new one isn't.

>nobody asked for this feature so they shouldn't keep working to implement it
I've got a GPU dedicated to physx and have been waiting patiently for flex. I ask about it every update on the forums too. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean others don/t.

I also personally like the new flashlight, as it was needed for how the maps will have more dynamic lighting. I would love to see more actual day and afternoon maps though. Need more variety.
>>
>>333696317
Well they updated it in this update. I assumed you'd played it since I don't know why someone would bother posting their opinion in this thread without having a proper frame of reference.

>>333696261
That is the meaning of the acronym I used, yes.
>>
>>333696373
>Just because you don't care, doesn't mean others don/t.
You're a tiny minority and if you think that minor cosmetic shit takes priority over core features such as perks or balance you should seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>333696613
Yeah I'm sure the guys they have working on flex would otherwise be making the railgun animations and making decisions on sharp's balance. Makes sense to me ;)
>>
>>333696779
It does make sense given that TW is fucking tiny.
>>
>>333696613
>You're a tiny minority
Fuck you nigger we got ass fucked here. No one had any idea this game mode was being made, everyone was expecting more guns/perks until a later release.
No one asked for this and it's shit.
>>
>>333696613
They work on both though. It's a feature that was added and needs to be finished. I don't care about what they prioritize, so long as the game gets completed. I guess it could be because I already enjoy it and don't have this fixation where they need to release 4 weapons every few weeks for me to continue to like it.

The balance issues are a pain in the ass though, but balancing does take time. So long as it's not game-breaking to where I can't enjoy the game anymore, I'll still play. You just report balance issues and suggest it to the devs. That's all you really CAN do.
>>
File: grabitwhileyoucanlads.gif (433 KB, 340x256) Image search: [Google]
grabitwhileyoucanlads.gif
433 KB, 340x256
Can I play as pic related?
>>
>>333696996
>It's a feature that was added
And that shouldn't have been added until the core shit was done.

>but balancing does take time.
In case you haven't noticed they haven't even fucking TRIED to balance the shit.

>You just report balance issues and suggest it to the devs
Oh it's not like lot of people have been doing that from fucking day 1.
>>
>>333674192

>83%

That's fucking awful for steam reviews. You don't seem to realize that steam review scores are compiled from the results of a yes or no question.
>>
The versus mode is jank. The Zed's are incredibly OP. Don't devs test their shit at all anymore? Do they just code whatever and throw it out the window to see what the public say about it? Is this why everything is such a bug ridden mess these days?
>>
>>333696996
I'm not the retard you're responding to, but I do think prioritization is important.
Mostly because they set expectations for when the game should be released. If they're charging money for the game and setting such expectations, as well as expectations about what kind of content should be in the game before release, I'd say it's best to prioritize that content.

Still, I have no particular reason to think that work on flex is taking away from work on perks and maps. I'm just talking about the principle in general.
>>
>>333697201
>In case you haven't noticed they haven't even fucking TRIED to balance the shit.

You haven't been paying attention to the last few major updates, have you?
>>
>>333674578
>The game already has more content than KF1 got throughout the first couple years, and it also runs smooth as butter.

They havnt added any updates yet, the game isn't finished...saying they've added updates is like saying you're adding frosting to a cake when you're still just mixing ingredients together
>>
>>333697315
>I'm not the retard you're responding to
Why would I be a retard for saying it exactly how it is?

>>333697372
I did, and if anything it got even worse.
>>
>>333697287
I L O V E reading what people think about the balance of the new zed mode.

Playing with my crew of HoE vets we have no problem winning as survivors when we're on a team. When we're split up, I've noticed it's about 50/50 zeds/survivors winning.

Know what else is about 50/50?
People complaining that zeds/survivors are OP.

I'm not trying to defend Tripwire, by the way. I agree the mode needs a lot of work to be worth my time. I just love seeing peoples' kneejerk, half-baked opinions on game balance, for almost any applicable game. Almost 100% of the time, even if it's a pro-level player of a game, their initial opinions on balance are wrong in the long run.
>>
>>333697201
They've literally reworked the Berserker because of the feedback saying he was so shit. They reworked Hans because people were saying he was too OP with his gas, and now he's a bigger mess because his whole gas shtick wasn't even that bad, and then they're going to rework him again so that he's there's "more variety" to him and a way to interupt his healing chase. They even added visuals for Hans' grenades because people complained about not being able to see them (don't know how, they had bright streaks of red and yellow)

They reworked parrying and they added attacks that can't be parried, they've also made a bunch of lesser changes that I don't care recall beyond those two. You get my point though, they do listen, just not quick enough for your liking.
>>
>>333697467
Then how did you miss all the balance changes they've made?

How did you miss the 60% increase in weapon swapping speed, the knock-back, and so on of this last patch? A well-needed effort to move the meta away from zerkwalling.

It wasn't enough, I can tell you that. The balance changes haven't been successful in my opinion. But you said they haven't even tried which is the exact opposite of the truth, not even mentioning the stuff mentioned in
>>333697625
>>
>>333684358
how retarded are you to get stuck like that?
git gud casual scrub
>>
>>333697625
Oh fucking please. Demo and Support are still completely worthless, Firebug and Slinger are still hilariously broken and absolutely nothing has been done in that regard. When people complained about shit being broken they responded with something like "we won't change the balance often because players might get confused". At this point my only regret is that I can't get a refund anymore, I guess it serves me right for buying early access trash.
>>
>>333697582
Here's my kneejerk, half-baked opinion on the game balance. As a Gorefast I zig zag up to a survivor and use his Z ability to slice off roughly 50% of the survivors HP. The ability has a 1-2 second cooldown so I can go in and out a few times and kill someone within seconds like this. How is this fair? Especially on 1st wave? Especially if I was against low level perks? Not that I was, I was fighting against my friends who are all grinded out to 25, and I still wrecked them.
>>
>>333697861
>When people complained about shit being broken they responded with something like "we won't change the balance often because players might get confused"

Yeah that's why they added their new live update system so they can make balance changes without even making a client update, and thus do it more often.

Do you even bother to try knowing what you're talking about before you talk about it?
>>
>>333697861
>Demo and Support are still completely worthless, Firebug and Slinger are still hilariously broken
I know about Demo and Support, but I haven't really played Firebug and Slinger yet. So how are they broken?
>>
>>333697923
I'd like to know what servers you've been playing on that you did so much damage as a gorefast. For all my games, getting shit done as a gorefast was more about bodyblocking than anything else, because the damage is pitiful.

See how we have almost completely opposite experiences?
>>
>lar can stun fp and sc
>crossbow can stun fp and sc
>demo nade can't stun fp's anymore
>>
>>333698285
Gorefasts miss 95% of the time and when you do hit you hit really hard
Some fucker that I decapitated took my 110+ HP down in a swipe
>>
>>333698285
I play on private servers hosted by my friends. The Gorefast Z attack hits twice, each attack does about 20-25% damage, so you have to hit with both attacks for it to be worth it. Could be that you're just playing on a laggy piece of crap server where you aren't hitting anything. Don't even bother using the normal light attack unless the server has lag though. Just the Z and RMB attacks that do a lot of damage.
>>
>>333698160
Firebug's MWG is a fucking beast.

Slinger is arguably the most reliable SC/FP killer, while also being almost as good at trash-clearing as Commando and Firebug.

Personally I don't think they're broken, especially if zerkwalling is finally gotten rid of and the GC makes HoE harder than it's been so far. I think it's more than some other perks are just bad in comparison.
>>
>>333698446
what's the best perk combination for Slinger to make him the most reliable big zed killer?
>>
>>333697840
>60% increase in weapon swapping speed
That's not a balance change, if anything that's casualizing shit.

>>333698075
>and thus do it more often.
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>333698729
It's meant to encourage kiting strategies, and thus discourage zerkwalling. It also goes hand-in-hand with the implementation of the GC which is increasing both large zed spawns and zed teleporting. This interaction was something that the majority of the players I've seen elsewhere seem to have understood, and I fail to see how it isn't balance-related.

Also
>Fuck off, retard.
Seems like someone's getting a little frustrated.
>>
>>333699010
>It's meant to encourage kiting strategies, and thus discourage zerkwalling
As if that would do anything to zerkwalling.

>game balance doesn't get touched for months at a time
>but uh akschually there is thing that allows balance to be updated more often
>balance still doesn't get updated for months at a time
As I said: fuck off, retard.
>>
>>333674192
>updates took forever
>updates that did come either change for worse (the shop) or was unnecessary(most of the redesigns)
>servers were a mess for the most part
>devs banned people in the forums when they had legitmate criticism(especially about configuring for AMD and frame rate issues early on)
>most mods were more focus on making the forums a hugfest and pointing out how social justice they are
>game is still not officially released
>>
What are the current roles? Who's best at cleaning trash, tanking SC/FP, etc?
>>
>>333699670
Can you aim? If so, Slinger. If not, firebug.
>>
>>333699221
Zerkwalling is more effective than kiting. How does making kiting strategies more appealing not affect zerkwalling's place in the meta?

As for the rest of your post, you're gonna ignore the previous posts in these threads that point out the ways balance has been updated the last several patches? The patch notes are even available for you to read yourself. Here, I'll even link them.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117037
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116584
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116316

Also, the system I was referring to was added literally 2 days ago, so I don't see how "months at a time" have passed since the system's implementation. Are you from the future? Or are you just an idiot compelled to spread your unqualified opinion about something you haven't even bothered knowing about?
>>
>>333674192
I like it, the weapons are kinda shit though and like most fps games they never improved the melee combat. The best fps game with the most realistic reach in melee weapons I've ever played is left 4 dead 2
>>
>>333699965
How is kiting possible with zed teleporting? The whole point of that cancerous "feature" was to stop kiting.
>>
>>333700125
I agree, teleporting needs to be toned down (again) or just fucking removed outright. But they've stated their reasons for it and stopping kiting isn't one of them. In fact, when it comes to several other details like map design and lighting, they've said they want to encourage players to move around a lot.
>>
File: 1407039699308.webm (3 MB, 816x442) Image search: [Google]
1407039699308.webm
3 MB, 816x442
So slinger and firebug are great at everything, medic is medic, and the other classes are bad? How would y'all go about rebalancing the classes?
>>
>>333700230
>they've said they want to encourage players to move around a lot.
Obviously because the alternative is picking the best spot with the fewest chokepoints and not moving for ten waves.
Teleports make sense to solve broken pathfinding, which happened frequently, but the "relevant/hidden" time is too short and they spawn too close to the player.
>>
>>333700629
It's pretty much just SUP and DEM that I think need work.

SUP is only really weak because welding is weak. I think welding is weak because doors can get perma-destroyed so easily.

I'm not sure what to think about DEM because I've played with several good HoE players who main it, and do well with it. But even among high-level players everyone seems to think it's weak. Doesn't help that they can't stun FPs the same way as of the most recent patch.
>>
>>333700907
>SUP is only really weak because welding is weak
>shotties are expensive as fuck, both to buy and maintain
>shotties have shit damage
>shotties have damage falloff after 7 meters
>>
>>333700907
The stun thing was a bug due to fiddling with FP resistances after adding the LAR and xbow. It got fixed in the latest patch.
>>
File: 1452987460889.png (188 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
1452987460889.png
188 KB, 492x440
>>333674192
The game isnt bad, its just terribly unbalanced and the devs take way too fucking long to add anything new,
>>
>>333701052
o neat

>>333701001
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I'm fine with the support's damage.
>>
>>333674192
Contrary to what some say, the game has stability issues related to FLeX.

Zed's are just as spongey and boring as they were in the last game, only with less charm and shitter perks to work with when killing them. The game lost its charm after a few rounds every update.

I find the addition of a micro transaction shop appalling for a game lacking so much of the content that was promised..
>>
>>333700629
Don't listen to the guy spewing shit from his mouth. The only terrible class is Demo, and then Suport is mediocre. Support just needs to have the stengths from KF1 back innately. The increased weight should be something Support has innately, maybe witht he upgrade for the perk increasing it more. The teleporting zeds need to be done away with so that welding can be viable again, and then an exclusive advantage of the Support should be the ability for them to repair broken down doors so that they can be re-welded. This would be pretty fair as you'd have to commit pretty heavily to repair+weld a door, but the Support would also be able to make use of that door-related upgrade they have (I think it makes the door explode upon being knocked down).
>>
>>333700907
The thing about Demo is that if you have a team that knows its shit and protects you and gives you space to watch and think then you can guarantee they never get overrun by trash and deal a shitload of damage to FPs and the occasional scrake on the side. You're king DPS of zed-fuck mountain.

However, here's nothing more pathetic than a Demo trying to hold on their own. They just don't have the health, armor, movement, mag size, or reload speed to handle even a small group that gets up in their face. It's an incredibly helpless feeling to know that you might get your ass handed to you by three or four stalkers if you get surrounded by them.

Hence why they have an ambiguous sense of balance. They are just a really hardcore glass cannon that shines with team support but relies heavily on people watching their back. No one who plays Killing Floor likes to be the guy who's totally 100% fucked when the rest of the team dies.
>>
>>333701364
The support's damage isn't absolutely worthless; what's worthless is their ammo count.

Also the fact that they're not Gunslingers, but everyone bar medics falls into that trap.

A team full of competent Gunslingers (and a medic) will decapitate every enemy on the field before they even become a threat. You can have your 2nd most powerful weapon on fucking wave 2. Wave TWO.
>>
>>333701548
Thats not what DPS means you retard
>>
>>333700629
demo needs the m32 and fixed weapon tiers
support needs the ability to carry extra equipment inherent to the class and a buffed dbs
firebug needs a nerfed microwave and the husk gun or flare revolvers
gunslinger needs something to make it not just kf1 zerk but with guns

weapons in general need more defined niches, tier 3/4s need to not be best at everything just because they have the biggest number next to their name
this is something kf1 did incredibly well that kf2 has done fuckawfully, build variety is nonexistent in kf2 where each perk had 2-3 viable endgame builds in kf1 each with different approaches to combat and roles to fill
>>
>>333701816
>not just kf1 zerk but with guns
That's going to be the sharpshooter

Both the LAR and crossbow stun for a good 4 seconds regardless of where you hit
>>
>>333701704
Demos literally, actually, mathematically deal the most Damage Per Second over the course of the wave, only competing with Zerk and Gunslinger, and they also have the highest burst damage with RPGs and C4.

How am I misusing the term?
>>
>>333683307
Nostalgia
>>
>they finally added the fucking winchester

That fucking feel cannot even be explained in words or reaction images
>>
im reinstalling to try PvP
>>
>>333702202
It's kind of a cluster-fuck, but it's fun once you get used to it. There's of course balance issues too.
>>
>>333702202
Good luck.
Just keep in mind it was just added and has plenty of problems balance-wise right now. But it's quite fun.
Fortunately they'll probably be making basic balance changes to it pretty quickly (I hope...)
>>
>>333683307
>2's maps are bigger
>>
>>333674192
Does it still have teleporting enemies?
>>
>>333702370
mind elaborating a bit on the balance?
>>
>>333701979
gs has stumble too but thats not what i meant, i meant more along the line of
>flat speed bonus making kiting easy as piss
>damage resists
>ridiculously high dps
>recoil/ammo costs not really a concern allowing you to just mash fire in the direction of the enemies to win
its the same exact babbymode shit that kf1 zerk was except now your katana shoots bullets so you dont even need to risk health to do damage
>>
>>333702536
For example, I've noticed I feel almost useless as a slasher, gorefast or crawler. Crawlers do almost no damage with their suicide move which I really think is supposed to be more effective.

I don't know which team I think is weaker or stronger, but I do notice that if the zed team wins, it's almost always a sudden play that snowballs really quickly, yet up to that point it seemed like the zed team was going nowhere. I guess that isn't necessarily a balance thing, I just always feel weak playing as zeds, despite the actual results being different.
>>
>>333685690
>>333685665
literally all they had to do was make parry stuns have a cooldown like every other stumble effect in the game, either that or a stamina bar. tripwire makes the dumbest design decisions.
>>
You're all fucking losers for jumping on the early access bandwagon. I'm gonna buy the game when it has all the perks and not gonna miss out on anything while you cucks are betatesting for the next 5 years.
>>
>>333696942
40 people isn't "fucking tiny", that's AA size.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>333696037
>the mk23
>>
>>333702998
Imfuckingplying the game didn't get abandoned by a fuckton of people, myself included.
>>
>>333696037
It's a mixed bag. KF2's gun animations are fucking incredible and really satisfying, but KF1 weapons are way more powerful and deal out a lot more carnage.
>>
>>333703145
Y'know, if it's a 40 person studio... WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY ALL DOING

The tiny updates we're being drip-fed are MONTHS apart and fix nearly nothing and add nearly nothing. What are these people doing everything single working day, all day? How is the guy in charge allowing it? How are they explaining it to investors? They're delivering almost nothing. HOW?
>>
>>333703625
They're making a shitty war game at the same time.
>>
>>333703712
You mean Rising Storm 2, the Vietnam one? There hasn't been a word on that in months and KF2 is supposed to be their big moneymaker.
>>
>>333703712
Again, RS2 is being work on almost exclusively by Antimatter and if RS2 is anything to go by it's going to be at the very absolute worst decent.
>>
>>333701397
Explosive doors are a Demo perk
>>
File: Dano classic.png (244 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Dano classic.png
244 KB, 350x350
>added a new game mode that is actually really fun and quite difficult
>lots of new maps
>2 new weapons
>new perk almost complete
>lots of bugs fixed and balance issues addressed
>can now craft rare skins without spending a penny
>/v/ still butthurt over crate keys

classic but also autistic as fuck
>>
>>333703961
Oh. Well that would actually make for a good combo then.

I need to look over the upgrades for those 2 again. They're my least played for a reason.
>>
>>333704169
>can now craft rare skins without spending a penny

Have you done the maths for how long it would take, chum?
>>
>>333704202
It's funny that that perk is the only reason to weld doors in this game, and the supp doesn't have it.
>>
>>333704274
This.
I've been playing for over 100 hours and only found 2 lowest quality weapon skins.
>>
>>333676465
>full price
>£13

It's always been at least half price, and it's currently 33% off.
>>
Welding us so useless now. The door should either respawn after the wave or not deteriorate when it's being welded.
>>
>>333704527
This would also make the explosive doors perk worth using.
>>
>>333704602
>>333704527
I wish it would.
I wanna see the look on some dumbass zed player's face when he tries to break open a door and gets dunked.
>>
>>333704602
Thinking about it, why couldn't they have just givene xplosive doors to support? They gave a randomly triggered explosion to firebug of all perks, but apparently explosive doors for the class designed to be the welder is too much.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.