[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys what game or media invented the "space marine"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1708x2579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1708x2579
Hey guys what game or media invented the "space marine"?

It wasn't doom was it?
War hammer maybe?
>>
Starship troopers
>>
>>333668245
Why was last thread deleted? It was on-topic and about games
>>
Hurrrr https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_marine
>>
The earliest I know is Starship Troopers (WH40K did not only copy its marine, but also its hive-like alien species, both of which would in turn be copied by Starcraft).

There are probably other novels which did space marines before Starship Troopers, though.
>>
>>333668357

This.

ST coined the phrase, Warhammer 40K gave us the icon for it (big dudes in big armor) and Doom made them a video game staple.
>>
File: 1410859093379.jpg (77 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1410859093379.jpg
77 KB, 1024x1024
>>333668531
>Mfw I learned Clapistani's only liked Starship Troopers because they thought it was serious and not making fun of them

holy fuck you guys are dumb
>>
>>333668603
>mfw Eurocucks don't know it's a book
>mfw they don't know the director suffered under Nazi reign and it's why he made the movie the way it is
>>
>>333668603
Intention is in the eye of the beholder. I can enjoy the movie (which I guess is what you are referring to) as both a pro and anti-war/fascist one.
>>
>>333668603
It's making fun of fascism m8. Which Europe seems to love
>>
>>333668245
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=space+marine
>wikipedia
>The earliest known use of the term "space marine" was by Bob Olsen in his short story "Captain Brink of the Space Marines" (Amazing Stories, Volume 7, Number 8, November 1932)
>Heinlein's Starship Troopers (1959) is considered the defining work for the concept, although it does not use the term "space marine".
>>
>>333668603
Europe can't enjoy tongue in cheek shots at nationalism huh? What are you, nazis?
>>
>>333668531
Tyranids are a copy of the xenomorph
They have no similarities with bugs from starship troopers
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.