[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the Darksiders series, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: darksiders_wp.jpg (734 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
darksiders_wp.jpg
734 KB, 1920x1200
What are your thoughts on the Darksiders series, /v/?
>>
Fun games.
1>2, don't know why they shoehorned RPG elements in.
>>
Cool games with good combat. Second one also have god damn nice soundtrack.
>>
Fun games with a cool universe, I'm really sad that they seem to be dead.
>>
>>333658817
1st one was great, second one meh
>>
>>333658817
The counter never fucking works.

The combat is so broken and jank that it made me glad on returning to God of War and Dante's Inferno, made DmC look like a fucking masterpiece.

The combat does not fucking WORK.

100%'d the pair of them.
>>
Both games were good.
I liked two a bit more because the combat was faster.
Too bad the series is dead
>>
File: ehhhhhh.png (494 KB, 549x718) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhhh.png
494 KB, 549x718
>>333658817
Im playing 2 right now
It's fun and all but overall pretty meh
If you have never played any Zelda games and want to know what it's like then play this

But really you can only collect 3 of X items before it gets stale.
>>
I've played about two hours of the first one and I have to say I really don't see what people seem to enjoy about it.
>>
First one is a zelda clone-and by clone i mean it even has the same fucking dungeon items with a different looks.
Otherwise it had AWESOME look, fun combat and overall a good game.

Second one is a clone of Prince of persia(the one everyone hated)-and bly clone i mean its has the SAME PLOT, the same nemesis(corruption9and even the FUCKING SAME ANIMATIONS. Why, just why.
Other than that it was amazing, it was long, it had a fun loot mechanic, good combat and look.
plot was kinda shallow since it was just a prelude showing you what death was doing before getting his shit on for the sequel(who will never come, sadly).
>>
I have both game but still haven't played them I got them cheap some time ago.

I admit the first interest me more than the second.
>>
>>333660625
>The counter never fucking works.
Can confirm. Been playing 1 all week and counter is just painfull to grasp. Don't remember how 2 handled it.

What really grinds my gears though is 2 things about it.
>Puzzles
I get that there's only one solution to a puzzle but did they have to tie the platforming to it too? Easily the most boring aspect of the game
>Grinding
From weapon grinding to collectable grinding, it just never fucking ends. How the hell did I get to the last area with only 1 weapon at 3 levels out of a total of 4 while all others are still on level 2? You think they'd try and make it work along with backtracking to get collectables but nope. Go back to area, solve another platforming puzzle, get item, fight some mobs that wont even give you the weapon exp you need, leave.

Game has issues alright. Replaying it hoping to finish it this time but I'm starting to get dangerously bored.
>>
File: 1456393331981.gif (196 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456393331981.gif
196 KB, 480x360
I never played one, but my experience with two was a pretty average "meh". I liked Death as a character merely for his voice. Literally listening to his lines were the only reason I kept moving forward. It's just so damn sexy.

It sounds like Tim Curry's older, cooler brother.
>>
1st= zelda clone with weapon exp
2nd=PoP clone with loot

And that's it, basically. Worth for comic book style and badass characters.
>>
File: 140186350410713.jpg (8 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
140186350410713.jpg
8 KB, 229x250
>>333658817
Its been years since I played them but I liked the first one lot more than the second one.
>>
I would love to see athird, but i guess we'll never see it...i cant remember why the project was dropped. Anyone remembers?
>>
>>333663331
THQ liquidated, the IP was bought by Deep Silver I believe, and Vigil was disbanded.
>>
>>333658817
I don't get why they needed to shoehorn in loot in 2.
Did nothing for me besides anoy me that i had to switch wepons every 5 min
>>
>>333658817

Take the worst parts of Zelda.
The worst parts of God of War.

And you have Darksiders. A shitty game.
>>
File: 1456836149603.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456836149603.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333663676
But Darksiders is Zelda Dungeon/Puzzles with GoW combat. Are you saying those games are inherently terrible too?

You sound like a really jaded faggot, anon!
>>
>>333663591
thanks.
pretty sad tho, i really wanted to see how it would have ended.
>>333663624
i kinda liked the loot system, added some variety. Also, weapon design was cool.
>>333663676
>>333663836
The biggest problem for me that it didn't simply took the elements-it blatantly copied them without infusing any personality on them. Literally, you even have the same fucking items. i like the portal gun tho.
2nd game made me even angrier because its LITERALLY PoP. Same nemesis, same fucking ANIMATIONS. I loved pOp-was a great reboot even if the gameplay was a bit boring-and seein it plagiarized like this amde me angry.
too bad that's another game i will never see the end of too.
>>
>>333663836
Darksiders is an insult. It doesn't do anything unique or interesting, it literally steals every idea and mechanic from other games without even trying to do something unqiue.

The combat fucking sucks, and the puzzles fall into the zelda trap of there only being 1 solution.

It's unoriginal as shit, and it's just fucking boring.

>>333664089
This guy gets it.
>>
>>333664463
The thing that bugs me the most is that the game would have been so much better without copying.
i mean, they did not have to plagiarize evry zelda item(srsly, even the fucking horse is plagiarized from epona), and they could have made a slighty different platforming system for DS2.
Also, the corrpution does not make sense in the game and its a giant filler that looks completely forced.

i had fun with both games in the end, the second one beign more polished but really, I have no idea why they had to copy like that.
Expecially the second one-I repeat myself-where the Corrpution simply looks completely out of place.
Also, PoP is still an underrated gem.
That game gave me so many feels, the art style was beyond AMAZING and you felt completely tangled by the two main characters.
(gameplay was more...meh)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.