[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a Destiny thread because I still play the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: Destiny.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Destiny.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
I'm making a Destiny thread because I still play the game and you can't stop me.

Is anyone else excited for next week's update? I'm glad that Bungie is finally making it easier for solo players to hit max light level. All the extra visual customization also looks like it will give you the opportunity to make your own goals in terms of getting a very specific build.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (54 KB, 1000x597) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
54 KB, 1000x597
My friend is crazy about this game and I just don't get it. It's an alright game, but they botched it way too much on launch for me to spend $40 on it again. Fuck that.
>>
What the hell?, this game is getting less shitty.

Post your PSN
>>
I'm going to do the new questlines, strikes and 41 POE
but that is it. New difficulty for old raids/content, big deal. Challenge of the Elders only matters if you have 2 friends to play with.

>>333658537
I think launch was fine. They botched it with the next 2 expansions. They realized with TTK that people want new explorable areas. So the expansion later this year 100% needs to add some new exploring.
>>
>>333658228
>tfw your wife's son, her boyfriend, and her bull all like playing this game together and you wanna join in to have some bonding but you don't have any money after alimony to afford it
>>
>>333658905
I bet your wife son is a hunter
>>
>>333659050
he's more of a gatherer
>>
File: 1442019747227.jpg (16 KB, 365x275) Image search: [Google]
1442019747227.jpg
16 KB, 365x275
>>333658228
I'm gonna sage your shitty thread and tell you to observe my 6 and you can't stop me.

Destiny is a shit game. Stop overdoing it.
>>
>>333658228
It will finally give me an excuse to dust off my PS4, I haven't used that thing in like 4 months because theres nothing else on it worth playing.
>>
File: Vertigo_1.png (2 MB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Vertigo_1.png
2 MB, 1919x1079
What is the best map and why is it Vertigo?
>>
File: 1423052636216.jpg (299 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1423052636216.jpg
299 KB, 1200x1200
>>333659952
>Not Shores of Time
I will play this game every day if bungie lets me play the maps I want to play instead of their shitty randomized playlist
>>
>>333658228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Y-vzyy5F8

Lets talk about why 30 fps is fucking horrible for this game. This is a post processed video rendering it at 60 fps and it looks MILES better.
The game has such a nice artstyle and the 'spell' effects look good.
>>
>>333659952
That's not how you spell Burning Shrine though
>>
>>333659952
>vertigo
>good

that's not Timekeeper, Pantheon or Crossroads
>>
>>333658228
I just want to get a fucking Dreg's promise but i can't get a special weapon engram to save my life. Looking forward to getting my year 2 Queenbreaker's Bow, though. It's a shitty, unviable weapon but it's fun as fuck.

Defender is best class, desu
>>
>>333660412

>Grim Citizen

Oh how I miss you
>>
File: 1381822647967.jpg (21 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1381822647967.jpg
21 KB, 500x380
>>333660412
I think I just came a little
Thanks last gen consoles
>>
>>333660412
i can't look at that because of that shitty gameplay

but it does look nice, but im fine with it at 30
>>
Would this game be much better if it were on PC?
>>
>>333661021

Ruined by hackers
>>
>>333661021
it might make it eaiser to develop for and make changes, but it wouldn't change the gameplay
>>
Why does bungie love warlocks so much. They absolutely neutered sunbreakers, fucked up a shitton of stuff with hunters but not enough to make a huge impact, and finally after 1.5 years all they do is nerf some base grenade damage and overshield on sunsinger, not even touching aidscaller. Im miffed.
>>
>>333661021
Only difference would be framerate
>>
>>333660503
This.

I don't care Bungo, let me have 6v6 on the best Mercury map.
>>
>>333661207
What is aidscaller?

They should have nerfed the firebolt grenades that deal 90% of your health and have residual damage so they can see where you try to retreat to.
>>
>>333661207
if they were to try to balance sunsinger, they would have to completely redo the entire skill tree

Stormcaller just needed some tweaks on the super
>>
>>333660412
It's an FPS where you're forced to play with a fucking gamepad.
It's bad by default, it cannot be good, just like Halo.
>>
>>333661216
Inventory management would be a bit easier.
>>
File: MVP in Crucible.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
MVP in Crucible.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>333660267
This. How the fuck do you go from 10 years of making one of the most customizable multiplayer experiences out there, the terms of map selection and game mode settings, to "Time to roll the dice! MVP? More like MVFuck yourself! The brazillian 0/0 who joined in the last ten seconds of the match gets a legendary, and you get nothing!"

Destiny pisses me off, because it has such solid core gameplay, and the multiplayer can be enjoyable, but it feels like everyone who wasn't on the "Core Gameplay Mechanics" team was on the "How Can We Ruin This?" team.
>>
>>333661554
>It's an FPS where you're forced to play with a fucking gamepad.
I really hate fuckheads like you who just regurgitate memes. Playing FPS on a pad is intuitive, there is a reason why so many people take to it easily. It is not the BEST for aiming as kb&m but it's not bad. Controllers beats keyboards when it comes to movement.
>>
File: 1451633609047.gif (323 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1451633609047.gif
323 KB, 192x256
Kill yourself OP. This game is garbage, literally "lottery: the """"""""""""game"""""""""""" ".
>>
>High tier:
Burning Shrine
Vertigo
Crossroads
Shores Of Time
Widow's Court
Bannerfall

>Shit tier:
Cathedral of Dusk
Blind Watch
Bastion
First Light
>>
>>333661569
They did a pretty damn good job with inventory considering what they're using

>>333661705
I just blame activision honestly.
>>
>>333661820
>Thieves Den not high tier

Otherwise i agree
>>
>>333661554
>Halo isn't good because it's not on PC
>Those grapes must be sour!

Spotted the PCuck.
>>
>>333658537
it took me awhile to figure out but players like op are consumer whores who do nothing but consume overhyped mediocre shit.

reason why you dont understand whats so great about this game is your saving grace. you are litterally better than op.
>>
File: 1406404941638.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1406404941638.gif
393 KB, 640x360
>>333661554
Halo is on PC though
>>
>>333661820

Blind Watch has been growing on me recently. If you're using MIDA (or another decent scout) you can hang around the outside area near the set of stairs and just pick people off who are closer to the main building. There's a decent amount of traffic and people never seem to pay attention to the area you're in. It takes while for people to cotton on what you're doing and actively come after you.
>>
>>333661757
>Playing FPS on a pad is intuitive
Tell me about the forced autoaim, the forced "aim-down-sights" bullshit made to slow down the gameplay because stickbabbies just CAN'T AIM FAST ENOUGH to aim while they run like people in Counterstrike and Unreal 2004 do.
Tell me about radial menus, tell me about 2 weapons limit because console babbies can't be bothered with anything more than the Y button.
Tell me about loadouts rewarding shitters that played more than you other than knowledge of the maps.

The reason people adapt to it is because building a computer is made to be such a hard task while it's easier than putting LEGO sets together.
It's marketing, saying a game is made for PS4 when you can also play it on the fucking Xbox 360, it's showing the cool kids in let's plays play on those fucking gimped consoles.
>>
>>333661836
It feels like every decision they made with map selection and locking equipment behind shit drop rates and artificially scarce currency was made with the intent of bloating their numbers.

"See, activision? People are still playing! Look at these statistics for people currently playing crucible! There are no custom matches or maps so it's all going towards the same number! And they'll keep playing for months on end to get that one fucking exotic from the Nightfall! If we just dangle the carrot a little closer every week, they'll just keep running! PLEASE DON'T GUT AND RAPE US LIKE YOU DO TO ALL YOUR OTHER STUDIOS!!"

It's a frankly disgusting business model, so of course it must have been Activision's idea.
>>
>>333658228
Has the game stopped being an endless grind, gained significant amounts of actual content, and implemented a decent match-making system for finding other players for heroics/raids yet?

I played from day 1, but got tired of the PvE grind before even hitting the heroics, and the necessity of collecting 3 sets of colour coded guns in order to be able to do the weeklies turned me off of PvE completely.
I hit the multiplayer, but got really tired of the lack of game modes and options, and total lack of control over what map I was playing. Also the lack of maps, IIRC it launched with like 5 or 6. Nowhere near enough for a decent MP FPS.
>>
File: 1453579185999.png (106 KB, 285x266) Image search: [Google]
1453579185999.png
106 KB, 285x266
>>333661820
>Cathedral of Dusk
>>
File: nv.jpg (137 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
nv.jpg
137 KB, 800x800
>>333662595
this
>>
>>333662595
With new update grinds gonna be a lot lower, lots of chances for free gear and you can destroy higher leveled gear you dont want to improve some lower pieces you like to that level. Exotic grind is a bit easier with 3 of coins, an item that gives increasing chances for an exotic drop from an activity, but still a bit annoying.

Matchmaking is still pretty ass.

Alot more multiplayer maps but alot arent that great and bungie not telling us what theyre doing behind the scenes changing the matchmaking willy nilly put me off of it.

Overall its gotten better but retarded design decisions are still holding it back, like invalidating all the old content by making the drops unable to be brought up, and having lower weighting for some maps in pvp
>>
I can't believe you have to grind materials for the chroma customization. The fucking Doom beta had better customization options than destiny.
>>
>>333661554
I don't see what your fuckin problem is, I play fps on pc mostly, I play Destiny every now and then at the start of a new content patch (has been a while)

I was just saying the game would look better in 60fps. No need to pull out the old "Hurr Controllers are shit" meme. Yeah Mouse is better for fps, but when everyone is handicapped with controller use, then its still an even play field
>>
>>333662595
No, Yes, Yes/No.

Game's still a grind, but in a different way

TTK added a considerable amount of content (in exchange for rendering the earlier content and expansions completely pointless)

Weekly Heroic strikes are now 3 slightly more difficult strike playlists (meaning they don't have unique effects like they used to and you just get a random fucking map) and the reward is a slightly higher chance at legendary drops and 10 marks three times a week.

Nightfall still has modifiers, but you don't get booted to orbit on death anymore so you can literally do it solo in the time it would take to drag a fucking fireteam together at this point. I solo'd nightfalls before they changed it, but not it's even easier since there's no consequence for failure.

The Raid still requires a fireteam, but to be honest I don't mind that since Randoms can barely fucking function in the piss easy Strikes, so who the fuck would want to bring them along for a fucking raid?

Crucible has always been garbage and always will be garbage until the chimps at Bungie fix their fucking RNG to be based on how players place on their team. I've watched enough MVPs get a single strange coin while the shitter in last place on the losing team gets a fucking legendary enough times to know that Crucible is a waste of fucking time.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.