[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just now >played through about half of Bayonetta >realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1381506863945.jpg (37 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1381506863945.jpg
37 KB, 384x313
>just now
>played through about half of Bayonetta
>realize that it isn't girl DMC like i had expected
>it starts to get repetitive and boring, even infamously "difficult" enemies like grace & glory aren't that tough to deal with
>start comparing it with DMC
>lose interest
>stop playing
Am I just done with videogames, or was Bayonetta never all that?
>>
Bayo 1 is decent.
Bayo 2 is the great one.
>>
>>333648201
Really?
I sure hope so. It's the WiiU version I'm on including Bayo2. Is it even worth finishing Bayo, or should I consider jumping straight into Bayo2?
>>
Man I have bad news for you if you don't like bayonetta
>>
>>333648476
Do not listen to him. Bayo 1 is better and it's not really repetitive either.

If you don't like the first game, you probably won't like the second since it's way shorter and more dumbed down.
>>
File: 1452184290911.gif (939 KB, 255x164) Image search: [Google]
1452184290911.gif
939 KB, 255x164
>>333649171
Yeah don't even go with the whole
>git gud
and/or
>casual
shit though, I've already started accepting that I'm probably going to quit playing videogames any year soon now. DaS3 may or may not be the last videogame I pay for this year, or at all; at least that's how I feel right now when I can't even make myself enjoy something that, to my knowledge, is widely considered a top tier game.

>>333649516
Well shit...
>>
>>333647012
>it starts to get repetitive and boring

On your first playthrough? Try mixing it up with different weapons you should have accumulated, practice sick combos and shit.
>>
>>333650154
I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in the attacks made between the first two guns, so I didn't even bother trying out the others.
Pickup weapons are a pain in the ass that I started hating accidentally picking up as well. They just slowed the game down further and generally had such slow hit animations that I'd just get smacked for trying to use them.
>>
>>333648201
I found the opposite to be true when I played through both of them about a year ago. But maybe it's just that by the time Bayo 2 rolled around I had gotten gud, so I plowed through the game with like maybe 2 deaths.
>>
>>333650314
>I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in the attacks made between the first two guns, so I didn't even bother trying out the others.
See, this right here is your problem. There's actually a great difference between most every weapon in the game, though there are some sort of repeated 'archetypes.'

I'm assuming you're referring to Onyx, the shotguns? Try getting more weapons.
>>
>>333648201

The opposite, actually.
>>
>>333649619
>shit though, I've already started accepting that I'm probably going to quit playing videogames any year soon now. DaS3 may or may not be the last videogame I pay for this year, or at all; at least that's how I feel right now when I can't even make myself enjoy something that, to my knowledge, is widely considered a top tier game.

I hear that. I buy a game maybe once every two years now.
>>
>>333647012
Bayonetta isn't as good as DMC because it has no spookiness or black comedy it's all quirky with le black man and the combat is all about dodging instead of learning boss patterns you van just brute dodge with lollipoosy
>>
>>333647012
Bayonetta is one of 2 games that I ever bothered getting all the trophies for because I liked the gameplay so much. No idea why it bores you unless you picked a low difficulty or you're not constantly trying to dodge perfectly and mix up your weapons.
>>
>>333652743
Kind of spot-on on how I feel about it.

>>333653089
I picked Normal since it's the hardest option you can start out with for some reason. It was easy enough, only died two or three times.

At least Fly Me To The Moon is crazy catchy.
>>
>>333649619
Recently I've been buying old gems I never played more and more
>>
>>333653903
Yeah nah I have over 200 games in backlog as it is, and these are largely games that I've intended to enjoy a lot (already got rid of over twice as many trash indie bundle garbage over the last two years in preparation). Turns out that I seem to enjoy less than 1/5 of the games I've purchased, from what I've played so far.
>>
>>333653710
yeah its because hard mode is what a normal game would call very hard mode try it out
>>
File: 1369771860889.jpg (24 KB, 637x472) Image search: [Google]
1369771860889.jpg
24 KB, 637x472
I can smell the Stone Awards lingering on your breath, sir.
>>
>>333654778
I averaged on gold actually...

Now, keep in mind that I've played a fuckton of DMC previously to this, and was genuinely excited to play Bayo after holding up on it for years. Turns out it just isn't what I thought or something.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.