[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
I don't get it.
>>
I don't get why they called it a Bioshock game either
>>
>>333646598
then git gud scrub
>>
>>333646654
Yeah, it should be called Skyshock. Bio means water
>>
>>333646654
Well, they do pop into Rapture at one point.
>>
It's a decent game, and drastically different, but not as good as 1 and 2. Being limited to 2 weapons is my biggest complaint.
>>
I played for about 4 hours the day I got it and haven't touched it since. It was fine and that was all.
>>
File: wtfk.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
wtfk.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>333646757
>Bio means water
>>
>>333646757
It should be called Call of Duty. Bioshock means quality.
>>
>>333646719
>>333646778
Not saying I don't like it. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
>>
>>333646598

You ring the bells the amount of times the card tells you to.
>>
its probably too deep for you
>>
>>333646916
Wow, use spoiler tags dood.
>>
>>333646598

Wait a minute that card..
>>
>>333646916
But how do I know which bell is which
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>333646598
90% of /v/ didn't get it either, so don't bother asking here

they just like to shitpost about it
>>
>>333647080
Did you get it?
>>
>>333646981
I've had midget pussy deeper than bioshock infinite. Fuck this game.
>>
And there anyway I could play Burial At Sea on PC without torrenting Infinite?
>>
>>333647235
no, he just likes to shitpost about it

nobody can get it, it's just too deep
>>
>>333647321
>any way
ftfy
>>
>story is completely fucked the moment they walk through a tear
>whatever just go with it
>>
>>333646884
it does, the original bioshock took place underwater after all

now it doesn't make sense
>>
>>333647761
Premium b8 friendo.
>>
>>333647761
Bio Life
Acua Water
You DUMB
>>
It was just too deep for you senpai. I recommend you read a book every now and then.
>>
>>333646598
Alright, that promo art is amazing.
>>
>>333647235
I got it. But anytime I explain it, I get bullshit from people who say I didn't get it because no one could get it. This is, of course, a ruse, since getting it would have implications for your world view based on the social commentary that was attempted in the game. And /v/ is full of underageb& conservatard assholes from Flyover Country, so there's no way in hell that they're going to let their brains connect all the dots correctly. They'd rather just scribble all over the page and say it doesn't work.
>>
>>333646895
What doesn't make sense.
>>
>>333646598
I just realized how fucking built Booker's hammies are. He been squattin'.
>>
this game is beyond the comprehension of a /v/ tard such as yourself op
>>
>>333649003
>the social commentary that was attempted in the game
Key word Attempted. The game really doesn't have anything to say. It just parades class inequality infront of the player without anything meaning, or EVEN attempting to say anything.

Its the definition of shallow.
>>
>>333649003
Please elaborate on one major theme that they showed you in Infinite and how much it made you think about it in our society.
>>
>>333649003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
File: costanza.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>333649003
Yeah dude, fucking underage conservatives in literally where states

That scene where Elizabeth gave that poor orphan boy an orange while singing "will the circle be unbroken". That's some heavy symbolism, thank god I went to college.
>>
>>333649836
>thank god i went to college

>community college because anon's parents are illegal immigrants from mexico and poor

>majors feminism study
>>
>>333649003

>look at this interracial couple, throw a baseball at them
>boo hiss racism is bad mmkay

Had literal tears in my eyes, 11/10 fucking masterpiece of social commentary
>>
>>333650004
sorry I insulted your favorite game Pablo
>>
File: BIRD OR CAGE.jpg (221 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
BIRD OR CAGE.jpg
221 KB, 600x454
>>333650057
Finally someone who gets it
>>
>>333650352
Wonderful puzzle section
Had to think about whether she was the bird or the cage harder than my midterm
>>
>>333646598
The American protestant aesthetic was pretty cool, I haven't seen that before in a game.

Too bad the game was shit and the plot meant nothing.
>>
>Liz states that she travels through tears in her "prison" all the time but always feels some compulsion to return to her prison because reasons
>Liz states in Finktown that when you step through a tear you can never return to the previous universe
>>
>>333650521

Personally I thought it was incredibly deep symbolism how the bird and the cage represented Elizabeth's joy at her newfound freedom while she was still dealing with repressed feelings of anxiety and guilt at having left her imprisonment. And to top it all off, the choice you make for her has such a profound effect on the way the story unfolds, truly groundbreaking.

It is hurting my brain to type this
>>
>>333650352
I went into this game not caring about the story, but I was still disappointed at this. This choice was meaningless. Still had fun with the game since I set it to easy just so I can melee everything to death with that perk that has a chance to set things that you melee on fire. Damn that was fun.
>>
There's no other game that I hate as much as Bioshock Infinite.
>>
>>333649793
Not the guy, but I have no idea why people latched on to this intro sequence like this.
Do you think it was actually intended to be a puzzle? It clearly wasn't. It's just the way to get into the sky city place.
>>
>>333651421
Then why have it at all? Doesn't make you think, doesn't add anything to the story, doesn't immerse you at all. Poor design for an intro.
>>
>>333651072
The reason it was included was so that you'd notice that the Liz in the ending isn't the girl you've been traveling with
I thought it was obvious
>>
>>333651072
I thought the choices were meant to be meaningless. No matter what you do the "constants" stay the same. The whole constants and variables thing.
I thought it was supposed to be a commentary on games at the time in a similar vein to what the original Bioshock did with its story, but updated for modern games that are trying to add choice systems but fail at providing meaningful consequences to the choices.
>>
>>333651596
>Then why have it at all?
This is what people always say when I ask this question. It's just the way to get into sky city. Should he have pushed a big red "rocket" button? That would be a pretty fucking stupid design if you want to keep people out of your secret sky city or whatever. I forget how secret or hard it was supposed to be able to get into, but I think the point was if you didn't know the little code you couldn't get into sky city.
>>
File: 1459822854644.png (50 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1459822854644.png
50 KB, 251x246
>>333646598
who /throw ball/ here
>>
>>333651421
Because they show you the answer on an obvious board a flight of stairs away and then throw a card in your face like they think you're a dumbass with the memory of a goldfish
>>
>>333650532
Yep. A fucking waste of a good setting.

>>333650807
Consistency is really too much to ask for these days. Stories in games today are doomed to be half-assed, lolsorandum, SJW-pandering shitfests.
I'm afraid to see what the new System Shock will put on the table.
>>
>>333651915
>Because they show you the answer on an obvious board a flight of stairs away
I don't recall this. What board?
I am looking through the intro on Youtube right now and I must have missed it because I'm not seeing it.
Do you mean when he opens up the little wooden box right at the start? It's reasonable to think that someone might forget how many bell rings that they need to do if they weren't expecting to need to remember it.
I saw your post number, for instance, and it would be very easy to memorize the last four digits, but I don't remember them now because I didn't expect to have to remember them.
>>
It's simple, anon. What you need to do is just wait a minute and that card
>>
>>333651619
Ah ok. That's pretty nice then. I really didn't notice that at all.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.