[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is your favorite dragon quest? for me it's 3 and 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
what is your favorite dragon quest?
for me it's 3 and 5 would be my second favorite followed by 1
>>
8 because voice acting and soundtrack
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (316 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
316 KB, 920x920
Gotta go with 4, but I've never played 5,7 or 8.
>>
Rocket Slime
>>
7 > 6 > 8 > the others except 9 > literal shit out of a horse's ass > 9

10 doesn't count.

Looking forward to playing 11 on PS4 (in jap because I'm a mega weeb).
>>
File: 1322035809425.png (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1322035809425.png
63 KB, 600x600
>>333635987

VIII > III = IV = V > I = II = VII > VI = IX

Still the only series I can think of where every game is good or better.
>>
>>333638393

>10 doesn't count.
If 10 doesn't count, than neither does 9. Because DQX is basically Dragon Quest IX with dedicated online, coop during the main story and 100x more content. It is effectively DQIX with all the problems fixed. Except the problem that we can't play it outside Japan.
>>
whats people problem with 9?

i alos played 4.5.6. and 9th is the best of them
>>
>>333639336

Can't speak for others, but it lacked the pacing and character development of other DQ games. It also bottled up a lot of the content into the post game. And I don't really like the quest system, making quests no longer exploration based but 'go to this location and talk to NPC' based. Battles were also slower than other DQ games because of the full animations. And having to physically run into enemies made leveling twice as long (not to mention giving metal slimes two chances to flee).

It is still a good game. You can even argue its one of the best games on the DS. But when compared to other Dragon Quest games, I can't claim its high on the list.
>>
>>333639301
>If 10 doesn't count, then neither does 9.
Fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, neither game exists.

The only difference is that with 9 being made for a handheld, it's worthless by default. I can't assume the same about 10, so I just simply refrained from including it in my ranking.
>>333639336
It was developed for a handheld.
>>
>>333635987
Tough fight between 3, 5 and 8
>>
>>333640294

>MMOs don't count
>handheld games don't count

Oh, its this idiot again. Don't you have a FFXV thread to go defend?
>>
File: 1403413978258.jpg (501 KB, 840x825) Image search: [Google]
1403413978258.jpg
501 KB, 840x825
>>333640294

Dragon Quest I-VII were all improved on handhelds. Not to mention the Monster and Heroes games.

Dragon Quest IX is just an example of a game trying to do more than it should. Even if it was on a console, the ideas it tried to do would have caused the same problem. As Ni no Kuni later showed.
>>
>>333635987
I've only played 2 of the DS games, 9 and 5 I believe. 5 was easily superior in my opinion, even if it was a bit dated at times.
>>
>>333641328
>As Ni no Kuni later showed.
To be fair they wanted to make their own DQ8 like title.

They just went way way offcourse.
>>
>>333635987
I dont even like these games but is there a series with better logos. Man those logos look cool
>>
9. I played theough all of it with friends, and we did most the post game and grottos. Was a lot of fun
>>
>>333641461

That's the issue. They basically just took the engine of Dragon Quest VIII and incorporated the quest system of Dragon Quest IX. But then removed everything else DQVIII and IX did.

What was left was a shallow game.
>>
>>333636309
What's the 3rd and 6th?
3rd is one of the early Final Fantasies?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.