[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>97 metacritic >over 50 million copies sold >multiple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: CoverArt-GTAV.png (1 MB, 819x1004) Image search: [Google]
CoverArt-GTAV.png
1 MB, 819x1004
>97 metacritic
>over 50 million copies sold
>multiple goty awards
>all around critically acclaimed

but you basement dwellers insist it's bad
are you right? do you really think you're right?

Cause you're not.
>>
>>333634962
basement dweller here
I love GTA V
>>
I found the game amazing during my first playthrough but everytime i replay it , i feel like it's shit.
Open worlds like rdr or mgsv are far superior. I even prefer replaying vice city
>>
>>333635384
This

Pla Ed through once and loved it.

Tried again and quit shortly after Trevor's intro. GTA Online is awful.
>>
>>333634962
I played it twice on ps3. Even thinking about getting it again for Ps4. Never got into the online mode though. I have fond memories of this game.
>>
It's shit. Worst GTA since GTA3. The multiplayer is a fucking travesty.
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 331x152) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 331x152
>4.6/5 score
>100 million downloads
>all around critically acclaimed

but you basement dwellers insist it's bad
are you right? do you really think you're right?

Cause you're not.
>>
>>333635856
>implying Google play ratings mean anything
>>
>>333636048
Implying meta critic reviews mean anything
>>
Not terrible, but incredibly shallow when free roaming and overly scripted in missions.

And yes, the driving in GTA IV is more enjoyable.
>>
>>333636237
Metacritic reviews are fair as they are created thanks to multiple reviews made by video game magazines, websites, and by the player themselves.
However Google play reviews are shit because most games offer additional content to players in exchange with a 5 star rating
>>
>>333634962
It isn't a bad game, it's just extremely safe and mediocre. The same could be said for almost every Rockstar game ever made.
>>
>>333634962
Single Player gets really boring after 2+ playthroughs.

Multiplayer on the other hand can be really fun if you're playing with a tight crew or friends.

but yeah, it's getting boring as fuck
>>
>>333636578
>school gta
>wild west gta
>safe and mediocre
>>
>>333636498
>games offer additional content to players in exchange with a 5 star rating

Rockstar offers money in exchange for high ratings
>>
>implying commercial success=good
>implying video game """""""" critics"""""""" are meant to be taken seriously

O I am laffin
>>
>>333635856
you cant compare mobile games with AAA titles anon
thats just stupid
>>
>>333636743
Notice how I said "almost".
>>
>>333635384
>mgsV
>superior to anything

The only thing I thought the game did well was it looked pretty and the engine was good. The open world is one of the most boring and pointless I've ever played.
>>
>>333634962
fucking hang yourself
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>skyrim
>10/10
>>
>>333637108
but it is.
it's better than Fallout 4
>>
great game. story sucks, Mp is awesome, world is fun to explore
>>
File: 1459894740504.jpg (450 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1459894740504.jpg
450 KB, 2048x1536
>>333637167
>>
gta5 and wii sports are unironically 2 of the best games ever made
>>
>>333637167
I thought FO4 was pretty good game wise but there was just a massive lack of content. The world felt very empty and the main story line didnt really go anywhere after you won.
>>
The driving I gta4 is a fucking disgrace. don't get me wrong I completed gta and enjoyed it, but I went back to 4 the other day and it really is awful. You go any more than 10mph and it becomes impossible to turn a corner
>>
>>333634962
There are no objective truths, bitch. Get educated.
>>
>>333637702
There's a thing called the handbrake button which can solve that issue.
>>
>>333637167
>Skyrim is mediocre
>Fallout 4 is a boring shit.
>>
>>333637587
It was a downgrade from FO3 in every way except shooting.

4 might have been a decent game if it was FO3 or NV 2.0, but Bethesda just couldn't help but rip off COD and Mass Effect.
>>
>>333634962
it's not bad

but something is definitely lacking that makes it a true classic that I'd want to replay or revisit

after I was done with GTAO, I didn't have the inclination to play it again, and that was since its release

that said, Rockstar outdid themselves because for fucking once, I was hooked to a GTA storyline from start to finish, albeit the carrot on the stick were the heists, not that the story itself was so engaging or interesting

and next time, they should stick to one fucking character
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.