[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E A SPORTS It's in the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: ea-sports-logo.jpg (39 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ea-sports-logo.jpg
39 KB, 600x337
E
A
SPORTS

It's in the game
>>
EA GAMES

Fuck up everything.
>>
>>333620438

I wouldn't say everything, just alot. lol.
>>
EA SPORTS

BIG
>>
E
A
DLC
it's on the disc
>>
>>333620246
EETSINAGEM
>>
EA Sports are so bad these days it's shocking. The NBA, NFL and NHL on the surface look better than FIFA but I don't k ow if they actually are deep down. They just have much better visuals and animations. FIFA is trash though. So bad. Ugly and plays like a train wreck.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>333620559
Things are about to get very, very interesting.
>>
cynygejm
>>
>>333620676
Oh I screwed that up. I hate myself.
>>
>>333620661
I feel like Madden 10 years ago was more mechanically sound than current Madden. Current Madden is slow and unresponsive as fuck even in the menus.
>>
>>333621012
I've only played the recent ones so I wouldn't know. Technically, it was nice. Those others flow really well. The only one I really got into and played extensively was FIFA. I realised it was literally actually just a reskin though, as I bought 15 and then 16 had all of the exact same bugs. Really frequent too. Not to mention the bullshit matchmaking and server disconnects.
>>
File: 1363292276772.jpg (1 MB, 579x3936) Image search: [Google]
1363292276772.jpg
1 MB, 579x3936
>>333621012
Plus they took all the interviews, movie deals, and general fun stuff out of Superstar Mode. Connected careers is garbage
>>
>>333621235
The most recent one I have is Madden '15. Before that, Madden '06 while trying I think '08 and '10.

Don't get me wrong, '15 has some nice features, but it's heavily offset by missing features and mechanical deficiencies.

Instead of traditional menus, it has entire menu screens similar to the 360 dashboard. Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't slow as fuck and didn't have to load images as you scrolled through it.
Though not a recent change, Roster menus scroll through players and teams via drop-down menu, as opposed to simply scrolling. This of course is compounded by unresponsiveness while scrolling and having to load the roster you're jumping to.
Career Stats screen doesn't even list the team the player played for each year.
Various player menus are all sorted differently. Some menus list attributes in different order, some attributes are labeled differently (Release/Beat Press), some positions are listed in different order.
Trade Menu only shows Overall and not individual attributes.
Can't sort by Free Agents without going to the Free Agent Signing menu.
Can't sort by All players.
Offseason Free Agent Signing only shows Overall, which tends to fall by 1-3 points anyway for whatever reason. But specifically, it's bullshit to find out that the 85-rating wide receiver you just signed has 50 Speed.
Player signing in general is easily manipulated. Free Agents have no standards whatsoever, and CPU teams will completely ignore high-rated FAs while offering deals to junk players. Most of my team is free agent signings with 80-low 90s ratings. Even contract extensions don't work right, I've signed 99-OVR players to 6yr/12M contracts. These players should be worth 15M per year at least.
Player Creation doesn't allow you to select exact weight, you have to scroll in multiples of 5. This one's kind of autismal but it's significant when you're trying to manually port a player from a previous version FUCK YOU IT MATTERS

/autism
>>
Remember when it was IF IT'S IN THE GAME IT'S IN THE GAME?
>>
>>333623485
So they're across the board garbage then. Not even a shock. All I knew us they were prettier and better animated than FIFA. I'll not bother to pick any others up in the future then.
>>
>>333623740
At least they allow you to sim 10 years ahead to get rid of the stank of the current NFL. But I tried that and I ended up cringing at owning a Literally Who team. Also simming 10 years is expectedly slow as fuck.
>>
EASPRTSTSINDAGAEM
>>
>>333620246
>no one posted the obligatory yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIwIQmrdbo
>>
>>333624127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmVNB87yKc
>>
>implying fifa 06 didnt have the best music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPt-UxU-Ycc&nohtml5=False
>>
>>333621012
that's because there was a little known thing as competition with sega 2k game series that made
EA sweat with 2k5 there's a reason why all maddens can't live up to this game ever since.
>>
>>333625537
they got exclusivity deal to only being able to make nfl games and also espn broadcast rights.
without that madden suffered any real reason to improve and have been shit since 2006
>>
>>333624667
Nigger please
https://youtu.be/TSmriLYiTlQ?t=641
>>
What are? The decade-old legacy bugs?
>>
>>333625537
>>333625662
That always made me laugh.

>make shitty NFL games for years
>2K makes a MUCH better game with more content and extra's
>EA shits itself and gets exclusivity to prevent competition from a much better series
>>
>>333620246
>but you need to pay more to access it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.