[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you please recommend me some games to play on my old pc while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pic related.jpg (60 KB, 397x406) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
60 KB, 397x406
Can you please recommend me some games to play on my old pc while i am away from my main one?

Pic related are the specs i have a mouse too.
>>
Those old Dungeon Siege games are really good
>>
Red Alert
Civ2
HoMM3
>>
>>333609242
Should i start from the first one? I have heard about them but from all the loads of games i have ever played somehow missed them.

>>333609369
Not really into homm3 or civ2 but i will probably look into red alert type of stuff if i can't find anything i haven't played already.
>>
>>333609242
>>333609992
You can just start on the second one if you feel like it, nothing that you would lose story wise.

Also stay away from Dungeon Siege 3 at all costs
>>
Max Payne 1
Emulators
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>333608758
STALKER trilogy. Should run fine on DX9 mode at 720p, but if they appear to run badly, lower it to DX8 static lighting.

grab the Starter Packs for smooth start.
>>
>>333608758
this pc is more powerful than my main pc, it will run almost anything
>>
>>333610634
Nevermind, just watched gameplay videos and both games look kinda shit, that 3d camera seems really awkward.

>>333610985
I have played the shit out of MP1 many years ago, but i have been thinking about emulators, can you direct me to some good ones and where to find games for them please?

>>333611068
Are there any better or worse games in the series? Should i just play them vanilla with no mods?

>>333611621
Uh it's a shitty chinese laptop that barely runs anything that isn't 10 years old.
>>
File: STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg (457 KB, 1426x802) Image search: [Google]
STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg
457 KB, 1426x802
>>333611776
>Are there any better or worse games in the series? Should i just play them vanilla with no mods?
That Starting Guide pretty much answers all your basic questions.
Play in release order, and start with patched vanilla. Applying the Starter Pack's mods provide some extra fixes and lightweight visualmods, they are not required necenecessarily.

Always play on the Master difficulty to make the game more realistic (stronger guns, both ways) , disable crosshair, and don't give up in the beginning!
>>
>>333611776
emuparadise always have the rom i'm looking for and also emulators.

For GBA, SNES and DS, i use respectively visualboyadvance, snes9x and Desmume and works fine.
>>
>>333609992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgsR3qZp3-M&ab_channel=AccursedFarms
>>
>>333612353
>>333613307
Thanks for the tips, i will look into it.
>>333613396
This video makes the game look waaay better than the one i watched, i think i will give the game a go and see how it is.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.