[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell me >Tell me >Tell me >(Sarcastic tell me)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: fuwj0Yo.jpg (199 KB, 1492x1055) Image search: [Google]
fuwj0Yo.jpg
199 KB, 1492x1055
>Tell me
>Tell me
>Tell me
>(Sarcastic tell me)

Wow. Obsidian are truly the masters of RPGs.
>>
JUST
>>
>>333586256

even the BGs had these kind of stuff, annoying but nothing is perfect.
>>
>>333586853
Baldur's Gate games are also old.
>>
Yet people shit on Bethesda and Bioware so hard when they did it.
>>
>>333586881

i don't think they are old as far as writing goes
>>
>>333586256
still better than fallout
>>
http://arch.b4k.co/_/search/image/HDUFr8wl1T2B2d26Y-XhkQ/

Reminder
>>
>>333586256
>[lame transsexual life story]
>approve
>approve
>walk away
>>
>>333586256
Better than this childish cartoon.

>Lets talk to the rooster!!
>Sure, I have a cranberry mana pie of the mandrake in me, here!
>Well a clam told me to come here, so....
>We can be friends! (+1 romantic)
>>
>>333587016
Why is it always WRPGs? First witcher twice, then PoE
>>
>>333587045
>things that only exist in your head
>>
>>333586903
I agree.
>>
>>333587434
because their fans are easy to rile up over literally nothing, and everyone wants to make the next "X sucks lol" meme
>>
>>333586881
Being a bit old doesn't make them immune to criticism.
>>
>>333586256
The third option seems to be the most likely one to elicit a response.

The wording matters, friendo
>>
>>333586256
Obsidian wanna be getting that progressive award 2016
>>
>>333587539
not as easy as jrpg fans, the word weeb still triggers them for fucks sake
>>
>>333586903
Not to mention 90% of Obsidian's games are broken, buggy, and unfinished messes
>>
>>333587548
it does mean that if you want to say Obsidian has learned nothing in 20 years then you're not actually offering a defense or rebuttal.
>>
>>333586256
Is that Pillars of Eternity?
>>
>>333586256
You guys screwed the fuck up again.....

the fucking staff that made the trans charachter got life threats and now in media again ''gamers are the worst man children''
>>
You've spammed this thread to death

If you look hard enough you will inevitably find an RPG with 1 conversation out of thousands where you aren't given much choice

Comparing it to something like Fallout 4 is dumb. In Pillars if you really don't like him you can just kill him and move on. Good luck doing that shit in Fallout 4, where basically everyone is essential
>>
>>333586256
You do have a point - RPGs are often trying to meet some arbitrary response count, even when it's only the one that makes sense.

Then you've got VTMB, getting rid of response loops that clearly give new dialogue when the game desperately needed more of it.
>>
>>333587649
Obsidian didn't make baldurs gate
>>
>>333587659
Are they wrong?
>>
>>333587717
So that makes them unable to do better with 20 more years of experience and examples to learn from?
>>
>>333587659
But people bitching about this are man children. Adults vote with their wallets.
>>
I like how people cherry pick as hard as they possibly can and then pretend it's norm for the game in focus
And people even take that bait
>>
>>333587494
There's a real moment in the game with exactly that exchange
Though I don't have the screenshot. Anyone help me out?
>>
>>333586256
That looks deeper into the conversation. Having different wordings for the same answer deep into a dialogue branch is pretty standard in RPGs If you weren't interested to begin with, wouldn't you have had plenty opportunities to say so beforehand?

That said the option to tell someone you have to leave should always be there.
>>
>>333587789
Baldur's Gate 2 was a massive budget game at the time. Pillars is a low budget crowdfunded project on a genre that is so archaic most developers have forgotten how to do it
>>
>>333586256
Sometimes the story just have to be forced. Everyone does this and it's always shit, but probably entirely necessary in such a story-heavy game.
>>
>>333586256
>people are responding to this clearly triggered bethdrone over fallout 4's abysmal dialogue system
>>
>>333587861
the closest Pillars comes is having lesbians in one of the backer written content things, and thats not close at all.
>>
>>333588006
He means the new BG DLC
>>
>>333587913
You're literally retarded.

Their budgets are in the same ballpark.
>>
>>333587882
Yeah taking a snapshot of a single branch in a deep series of them ins't going to give a accurate picture.
>>
>>333587913
>Pillars is a low budget crowdfunded project on a genre that is so archaic most developers have forgotten how to do it
Thats not true?

its a small budget game because the genre has small budgets and always has.
>>
>>333588006
He's probably talking about that one conversation in dragonspear that's had dozens of threads for it now

Where you talk to a tranny and can only say "wow good job" or just leave even though magic that can completely change your gender exists in the world and there's no reason not to use it if you did want to be a girl
>>
>>333588029
Oh, then he is still wrong because the trans thing only comes up like 3 layers deep into the conversation, or its another case of >>333588074
>>
>>333588142
>even though magic that can completely change your gender exists
and would cost you thousands of gold and a relatively high level mage.
>>
>>333586256
You are pathetic and the amount of time you spend on these threads is frankly indicating that your life must be too.
>>
>>333587913
>BG2
>massive budget
Get a load of this underage.
>>
>>333588187
How is he wrong?
He didn't say that it was the first thing the NPC says to you, he said that those responses are the only options you've got as a form of reply.
>>
>>333588278
Because its inaccurate to take a single branch as it is with OP.

In OP's case you're already committed to asking about the subject so having only various ways to ask isn't odd, especially since its a player instigated conversation.

its like, so what? you had relevant options
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.